This may be the perfect card pattern for us paper crafters who love to create our own Holiday cards but also want to have our card “fit in” with all the other mass-printed digital photo cards out there. I’ve made my personal holiday cards similar to this in the past, but I love THIS version in that is has a fold-out “mini card” area on the top to add a personal message. This was a make-n-take that my Stampers With ART Stars made a few months ago. I shared the other three make-n-takes on September 9, September 12 and September 21, but forgot this one. oops! 😉
(I got the idea of the mini card fold-out part from Mackenzie Grimme, a demonstrator on my team. She used these measurements for her personal Christmas card a couple years ago. Thanks Mackenzie!)
If you wish to recreate this card, here are the details.
- Cherry Cobbler Cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 2-1/2″ and folded over
- Very Vanilla Cardstock: 2-1/4″ x 3-3/4″ and scraps for stamping and punching sentiment pieces
- Real Red Cardstock: Scrap for punching 1-1/2″ Circle
- Call Me Clover Cardstock: Scraps for punching two Sprigs
- Gold Foil Sheet: Scrap (at least a 3″ x 2″) for die-cutting snowflakes
- Adhesive Sheet (optional): Scrap (at least a 3″ x 2″ – same size at the Gold Foil Sheet)
- Dashing Along Designer Paper: 1-3/4″ x 3-3/4″
- Basic Black Cardstock (optional as a photo mat): 5-3/4″ x 3-3/4″
- Real Red Mixed Satin Ribbon: 14″
Products: See below for a full list of supplies linked to where you can find them in my online store.
- Add a couple washi tape strips to the corners of the 2-1/4″ x 3-3/4″ Very Vanilla piece and adhere to the inside of the folded card area on the Cherry Cobbler card base.
- Wrap around and tie the ribbon in a knot. Trim ends.
- Attach designer paper to the front side of the folded card area.
- Add Adhesive Sheet to the back of the Gold Foil Sheet (if you wish for your gold snowflakes to become “stickers”). Die-cut the snowflakes.
- Using SNAIL, attach Real Red circle piece to the front side of the folded card area with a large gold snowflake tucked underneath. Make sure the circle dips down a bit beyond the edge of the Cherry Cobbler cardstock.
- Add the Call Me Clover punched sprigs on top of the Real Red circle so they stick out the sides. I used SNAIL to add them. But Glue Dots work, too. Be sure the sprigs don’t extend beyond the outside edges of the card.
- Stamp and punch the two sentiments onto Very Vanilla scraps using the ink, stamps and punch from the Christmas Traditions punch pack.
- Add one sentiment to cover the sprigs centered within the circle using Dimensionals.
- Add the other inside the card with a small gold snowflake tucked underneath using SNAIL adhesive.
- Embellish sprigs with a few pearls.
- Add photo OR add Basic Black 5-3/4″ x 3-3/4″ photo mat piece and THEN your photo. Sign and send off in the mail inside a business envelope (found at any office supply store).
It’s time to start working on your Christmas cards if you plan to make your own this year. Let me know if you need help ordering. Need ideas? Check out all the ideas on Pinterest. (And please follow me on Pinterest to see what I pin.)
- business envelopes
Just a heads up!… Stampin’ Up!’s Online Extravaganza will be November 23-28th. Our Stampin’ Anonymous Design team has created a bonus bundle of exclusive tutorials!!! (in addition to the usual November bundle of tutorials) for those who place an order through us during those days. These extra tutorials will not be available for purchase separately, so you’ll want to be sure to place your order with me during this time to get these bonus six tutorials that features fun stocking stuffer-type ideas.
More information about the Online Extravaganza (including door buster sales with Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals) will be coming soon.
CLING STAMPS ARE COMING!
Cling stamps will debut in the 2019 Occasions catalog and Sale-A-Bration brochure! Click HERE for more information.
CRAFT & CARRY STAMPARATUS BAG
The Craft & Carry Stamparatus Bag is coming! It will debut December 5, 2018!
JOIN THE CLUB
Do you find that you order at least $25 worth of Stampin’ Up! product each month? Do you want to get perks for those monthly orders? I’m forming a new Paper Crafters club that will kick off soon, and we are looking for new members. Click here to learn more. Then contact me with your questions &/or to sign up. We are currently looking for FOUR more members so we can start another new club this month. Who is ready?!
SNOWFLAKE SHOWCASE available this month only!
“BETTER THAN FLAT” TUTORIALS
Five super talented Stampin’ Up!® demonstrators and I have joined together as the “Stampin’ Anonymous team” to create Fun Fold cards & 3-D (“better than flat”) projects to share exclusively with our customers, paper crafting friends & team members each month! CLICK HERE to find out how you can get your hands on these great tutorials. A new one will be offered each month. November’s is ready!!