I am feeling VERY thankful these days. We finished off the summer with a wonderful vacation at the lake (my parents’ place). School began this last week. The boys are so far enjoying their new school year coming home happy each day (Luke is in 6th grade and Nick is in 7th). And… as of last evening we now have this sweet kitty staying with us. It was a spur-of-the-moment decision made literally yesterday afternoon to help out our friends. We aren’t sure if he is staying yet. The goal was to get a dog. But at least Riff Raff has a place to call home for awhile.
So I decided today would be a great day to share this card – one of four make-n-takes featuring new 2018 Holiday Catalog products that my Stampers With ART Stars made during the last Online Team Event on August 22nd. I was actually inspired by the card on p. 42 in the catalog. My design is very similar.
Here are the details if you wish to recreate it.
- Early Espresso Cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Blackberry Bliss Cardstock: 4″ x 9″ scored at 5-1/4″
- Mint Macaron Cardstock: 4-3/4″ x 3-1/2″ (for the inside) and 1-5/8″ x 4″ (or less)
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock: scrap that is 2-1/2″ x 5
- Country Lane Designer Paper: 2″ x 4″ (be sure that the Mint Macaron floral design on the back of the Blackberry Bliss design is cut so that the flowers are vertical)
Products: See below for a full list of supplies linked to where you can find them in my online store.
- Punch 2-1/4″ circle from one half of Whisper White cardstock.
- Stamp sentiment on the right side of the Mint Macaron strip, stamp the watering can on the circle, and stamp the flower image on the remaining scrap of Whisper White. Color watering can and flower images with Blends markers.
- Fussy cut the flowers image, then attach with SNAIL adhesive to the top of the watering can as shown.
- Add a small strip of Chicken Wire Elements coming out the back bottom of the sentiment strip.
- Fold the Blackberry Bliss piece, run a strip of SNAIL down the right edge of the front short layer, then add the designer paper on top to extend the card base to meet up with the edges of the bottom layer. Put SNAIL under this bottom layer and add to the Early Espresso piece.
- Open up the Blackberry Bliss card base piece, and add the 4-3/4″ x 3-1/2″ Mint Macaron layer. Notice that the flip side of the designer paper now shows the floral Mint Macaron design.
- Add the sentiment strip to the front of the card using SNAIL. Then attach the Whisper White piece to the left of that using Dimensionals.
When I shared how to make this card during our Online Team Event, I showed both of these layout ideas below. The pieces are all the same, but the way it was assembled was just slightly different.
I hope you are enjoying the end of summer/beginning of autumn in your “neck of the woods,” too.
By the way, I thought it would be fun to share how much my boys have grown since I started blogging. Click here to see Luke (above) when he was celebrating his 6th birthday. Click here to see Nick (below) posing in front of his cake when he turned 7 years old. They are now 11 and almost 13!
Join the Paper Crafters Club!
Do you find that you order at least $25 worth of Stampin’ Up! product each month? Do you want to get perks for those monthly orders? I’m forming a new Paper Crafters club, and we are looking for new members. Click here to learn more. Then contact me with your questions &/or to sign up.
NO TRICKS, JUST TREATS!
October will be here soon. And when those kiddos show up at your doorstep on the 31st, you can be ready for them with spooky cute goodies handmade by you with the help of September’s Paper Pumpkin kit! Just have an active account by September 10th. New to Paper Pumpkin? Click here between now and September 10th to sign up for this fun paper crafting kit: https://www.paperpumpkin.com/en-us/sign-up/?demoid=25553
Time to redeem those coupon codes! Every $50 you spent in the month of August earned you a $5 coupon code to redeem this month in September! Click here for more information including directions for redeeming your codes with your September order in my online store.
*In order to qualify, the order merchandise total must reach $250 USD (before shipping and handling).
“BETTER THAN FLAT” TUTORIALS AVAILABLE
Five super talented Stampin’ Up!® demonstrators and I have joined together as the “Stampin’ Anonymous team” to create Fun Fold cards & 3-D (“better than flat”) projects to share exclusively with our customers, paper crafting friends & team members each month! CLICK HERE to find out how you can get your hands on these great tutorials. A new one will be offered each month.