Today I thought I'd share what I did for my Christmas card design (because I JUST got them done!). I went with a 4" x 9" postcard style card this time, and I mailed them in business envelopes (the only non-Stampin' Up! product I used).
I made 170 cards this year. The only tedious part was the die-cutting of the tree images and sleigh/horse images, but otherwise this card design was fairly simple and easy to make.
And I would've gotten them done a LOT earlier…December 2nd was my goal…rather than just a couple days ago in the middle of my craft room/office remodeling project, but my family had a rough start to our December and I had to take a couple days off for an emergency health issue that came up. Everyone is fine now, but the rough start to our month put me behind schedule with Christmas cards and a few other things. That's life, though. Right?
Now I just need to put the last few cards in the mail today.
- Basic Black card stock – 4" x 9"
- Basic Gray card stock – 4" x 3/8" (cut after printing out message from computer) & 2" x 2" circle
- Smoky Slate card stock – 2" x 2" circle that has been torn at the top & 1" x 2-3/4"
- Dazzling Details Glimmer paper – 2" x 2" circle, 1-1/2" x 3-1/4" & scrap for punching leaf image
- Silver 1/8" ribbon – 1" piece & 2" piece tied in a knot
- photo – true digital size: 4" x 5-3/8"
- Print the personal sentiment strip on Basic Gray card stock using a printer and a font from your computer BEFORE cutting to the 4" x 3/8" strip. (I used the Bradley Hand font.)
- Stamp the "merry & bright" words after cutting banner to size. Then add to the card.
- Die cut the sleigh/horse edgelit close to the bottom of the glimmer paper circle so there will be room above to see the Smoky Slate "snow" and the Basic Gray "sky." Stamp snow images onto the Basic Gray circle piece, adhere the Smoky Slate circle piece on top, then add the sleigh/horse glimmer paper piece to form the ornament.
- Attach the 1" strip of ribbon to the card. Add the ornament. The add the knotted ribbon (where the ornament and strip of ribbon meet) using a glue dot
I love the "merry & bright" stamp image. It was perfect for this card. Do you recognize the stamp set that it came from?
The November Paper Pumpkin kit had some great stamp images. Unfortunately for anyone who didn't get in on it in time, this Mistletoe & Holly kit (and stamp set from the kit) is no longer available. The remaining refill kits that went into the online store sold out right away.
Another product that sold out pretty quickly that I also used on my Christmas cards is the set of Sleigh Ride edgelits – the dies that I used to cut out the trees and the sleigh/horse glimmer paper pieces.
Are you all getting your Christmas cards done and mailed out? There are still a few more days. What is it now…8 more days until Christmas day? 🙂
I thought I'd also share a couple more photos of my temporary office/crafting area – where I completely my cards during the remodeling. My back doesn't like that I'm sitting on the floor, but at least it's a festive area right next to the Christmas tree.
Product List (in addition to the now discontinued stamp set from the Mistletoe & Holly November 2015 Paper Pumpkin kit)…
Remember…Stampin' Up! has added more items to the Clearance Rack for the big Year-End Sale!
And be sure to check out the Retiring 2015 Holiday Catalog Products Before They Are Gone!!