We have an fabulous set of dies in our new 2018 Holiday Catalog called Takeout Thinlits. One die in the set (cut two times) creates an adorable little treat box that is sized to 2-1/8″ x 1-3/4″ x 2″ tall (5.4 x 4.4 x 5.1 cm), and it looks like a mini Chinese takeout box.
…I decided to try making another Halloween character. And with the help of the Spooky Bats Punch, I came up with this fun little Jack-o-lantern!
Here are the details if you wish to make one (or more!) yourself.
- Pumpkin Pie Cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Basic Black Cardstock: small scrap for punching out bats
- Garden Green Cardstock: small scrap for punching out bats
- Basic Black Glittered Organdy Ribbon: ~5″
Products: See below for a full list of supplies linked to where you can find them in my online store.
- Die-cut the box die two times and assemble the box by first overlapping then connecting the bases with Tear & Tape Adhesive. Put a small strip of Tear & Tape on each of the four tabs. Pull up the sides and connect them together with the tabs. Shut the top side flaps, then shut the top main flaps by sliding them together.
- Sponge the edges of the box with Pumpkin Pie ink.
- Punch out the leaves, curl them a bit with the Bone Folder, and add to the top of the box (on the flap closest to the side that will become the front) with a Glue Dot.
- Tie the ribbon in a knot. Then add this with a Glue Dot on top of the Glue Dot of the leaves. Trim the ends.
- Punch out the bats. Then insert the punch again onto the side to punch just the scallop edge of the medium bat. Shift it up, and punch this scallop edge again about an 1/8″ from where you first punched. This will be the Jack-o-lantern’s mouth! 🙂
- Now use your Paper Snips to trim the largest bat into five sections as shown below. The two outer pieces will be the eyes, and the middle one will be the nose! (Cute, huh?! I’m pretty proud of myself. LOL)
- Attach these to the front of the box using Glue Dots and/or Fine Tip Glue.
- Fill with a Halloween or harvest treat and gift to someone special.
Here are just a few of the pumpkins I made. Amazing how just moving the pieces makes the face look so different.
I also used this punch art for the faces on a couple other treats that I shared on September 6th.
These takeout treat boxes were one of the four make-n-takes featuring new 2018 Holiday Catalog products that my Stampers With ART Stars made during the last Online Team Event on August 22nd. We sure have fun in our group! I demonstrate these projects for them during that event by broadcasting live in our Facebook group. That way those that get the supplies from me and want to make them along with me can.
Did you see the other make-n-take that I shared on September 9th? The other two of the four I’ll share soon.
I also shared about our new house guest on September 9th…On a “spur of the moment” decision to help our neighbors, we took in their cat on Saturday evening to “foster it” until they could find someone who would want him. Well, the boys and I were thrilled that 24 hours later my husband announced that he was on board with the idea of keeping Riff Raff for good, too!
So right away I went out and got a few things to make our new family member feel more at home.
Our new, almost-three-year-old cat is a sweetheart and has taken to our house with no problem. We plan to give him a new name (our neighbors said that would be fine, and they are thrilled that we have him for good), but we haven’t decided on one yet. Let me know if you have any ideas.
JOIN THE CLUB
Do you find that you order at least $25 worth of Stampin’ Up! product each month? Do you want to get perks for those monthly orders? I’m forming a new Paper Crafters club, and we are looking for new members. Click here to learn more. Then contact me with your questions &/or to sign up.
Time to redeem those coupon codes! Every $50 you spent in the month of August earned you a $5 coupon code to redeem this month in September! Click here for more information including directions for redeeming your codes with your September order in my online store.
DASHING ALONG FOR FREE
SEPTEMBER 1–30, get FREE Dashing Along Designer Series Paper (in addition to the fabulous Stampin’ Rewards) when you host a party with $250+ in sales or place an order of $250+. Limit of 1 pack per qualifying order.
*In order to qualify, the order merchandise total must reach $250 USD (before shipping and handling).
“BETTER THAN FLAT” TUTORIALS AVAILABLE
Five super talented Stampin’ Up!® demonstrators and I have joined together as the “Stampin’ Anonymous team” to create Fun Fold cards & 3-D (“better than flat”) projects to share exclusively with our customers, paper crafting friends & team members each month! CLICK HERE to find out how you can get your hands on these great tutorials. A new one will be offered each month.