Yippee! Today is the day where a creative team of us Stampin’ Up!® demonstrators bring to you our special “A Paper Pumpkin Thing” blog hop. See what I have to share, then check out all the other blogs in the hop to see additional creative alternate paper crafting project ideas that we each came up with using the contents of the July 2018 “Picnic Paradise” Paper Pumpkin kit. To follow the hop, simply scroll down and click on the names of other participants in the hop to see other creative projects.
I love this month’s kit. It’s so fresh and cheerful! Click here to see the July kit video put out by Stampin’ Up! where you can view how to make these note cards and baskets as intended.
I’ve been making quite a few freestanding pop up cards lately. So I thought it would be fun to try them with this kit. The beauty of this fun fold is that is can flatten and fit into a medium envelope, but it pops up into a fun, freestanding card when fully open.
Here is the back side where the sender can write a message and sign the card.
If you wish to recreate this card with your kit contents, I encourage you to first watch the video on my July 12th post to see how the base of this type of fun-fold card is put together. Then follow the measurements and directions below.
Measurements of extra products:
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock:
- 11″ x 4-1/4″ scored in the middle at 5-1/2″ and then scored in at each end at 1″, 2-3/4″ and 3-3/4″
- 2-1/2″ x 5-1/4″ (for the back)
- Blueberry Bushel Cardstock: 2-3/4” x 5-1/2”
Measurements of kit products:
- Basket Rim Stickers: two that are each 4-1/4″ long
- Blue/White Cotton/Tissue Paper: either a 2-1/2″ x 5-1/4″ piece or a scrap cut to fit in that size (I had already made another card before this one, so I used a triangular scrap for the one I made because I loved the angled look.)
- White Twine: 8″
Extra Stampin’ Up! Products I Used: See below for a full list of extra supplies linked to where you can find them in my online store.
- Attach the 2-1/2″ x 5-1/4″ Whisper White to the 2-3/4″ x 5-1/2″ Blueberry Bushel piece. Attach the 2-1/2″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Blue/White Cotton/Tissue Paper to the other side. (Again…I used a scrap triangular piece I had on hand and made it fit that 2-1/2″ x 5-1/4″ space.)
- When looking at the 11″ x 4-1/4″ scored Whisper White, stamp the sentiment just above the score line below the middle one.
- Watch the video on the July 12th post to see where to cut the slit in the 5-1/2″ score line, how to fold the Whisper White card base, where to add the Tear & Tape Adhesive, and how to put together the base with the inserted layered Blueberry Bushel cardstock. The two 1″ sections meet in the middle underneath and hold the bottom of the 5-1/2″ x 2-3/4″ panel that pops up through the 2-3/4″ wide slit at the top (that goes through the 5-1/2″ crease line).
- After watching the video and assembling the base, add the remaining pieces…
- Add a brad through the hole of each Basket Rim sticker.
- Close the card flat and attach these stickers as shown through the 1″ tall middle front section. Insert and attach a small strawberry, too. Make sure it is tilted so it doesn’t cover up the words. And make sure it only attaches to the Basket Rim stickers.
- Add leaf stickers to the upper left section of the Blueberry Bushel piece above where the top of the folded white card base sits when the card is closed and below the very top of the Blueberry Bushel piece. Turn the card over and tap the powder from the Embossing Buddy on the back of the leaf stickers to “remove” the stickiness.
- Add a couple Mini Dimensionals to the top back area of a large strawberry. Then attach the strawberry at the top making sure the Mini Dimensionals are above where the top of the folded white card base sits when the card is closed.
- Finally with a rolled up Glue Dot from the kit attach the twine tied in a bow.
Here is another version of this card.
Again, you’ll want to make sure that any embellishments on the panel piece are added with Dimensionals that are positioned just above where the card base reaches when the card is flattened. (On this card the small blueberries that I punched from the scraps in the kit are attached to the apple only.) You also want to do any stamping on the card base before you assemble the card.
To get the white behind the holes in the blueberry and apple, I just added small scraps of Whisper White to the back sides.
This hop will definitely inspire your creativity! And you may also want to CLICK HERE to see the fun picnic table card I shared on July 21st.
I hope you enjoyed what I shared today! If you are not a Paper Pumpkin subscriber, I invite you to give it a try. CLICK HERE to learn more. CLICK HERE to sign up by August 10th so you can get in on the August kit. (New subscribers can get 50% off their August kit! Scroll down for more information or click here to see the promotion.) To renew your subscription, click here and login to reactivate. Are you on Facebook? Then be sure to join the 17,000+ members in the PAPER PUMPKIN FAN CLUB to get lots more inspiration: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1441979982783482/
Thanks for visiting. Have fun on the hop!
Product List… things you might need/want in addition to the July 2018 Paper Pumpkin kit to make these cards
PAPER PUMPKIN 50% OFF!
July 11-August 10 new subscribers get 50% off the first month! What a great time to sign up! And the graphic has such pretty colors!!! Is that a hint at what’s in the kit? Usually SU does that. SO FUN!! Sign up using this link so you can become my personal subscriber and I can spoil you! https://www.paperpumpkin.com/en-us/sign-up/?demoid=25553 Let your creativity bloom and subscribe today!
A FREE Assortment of Classic Stampin’ Pads with Starter Kit!
Get the Starter Kit during the month of July, and choose an assortment of ink pads for FREE! What a great time to join my Stampers With ART Stars community & get a discount on your future Stampin’ Up! products that just debuted in the 2018-19 annual catalog. The Starter Kit is always a great value. But with the free set of ink pads, you would now get $192.50 worth of product of your choice for just $99!! Click here to learn more.
BUY 3, GET ONE FREE Designer Series Paper Promo
During the month of July you’ll be able to reap the rewards when you stock up on select designer series paper packs. The sale runs July 1-31, 2018. Click here to learn more.
Join the Paper Crafters Club
Do you find that you order at least $25 worth of Stampin’ Up! product each month? Do you want to get perks for those monthly orders? I’m forming a new Paper Crafters club, and we are looking for new members. Click here to learn more. Then contact me with your questions &/or to sign up.