Our 2018 Seattle/Alaska family vacation begins today!! And we are super excited for this Stampin’ Up! earned incentive trip!
This is only the 2nd incentive trip for our boys. The first was to Disney World back when they were just 5 and 6 years old. (Oh, they were so little then!) And now they get to go on their first cruise ship and see the beauty of Alaska at the ages of 11 and 12!! It was fun to receive our travel documents in the mail a few weeks ago. That always makes things so “official.”
I’m going to have limited internet access, so my guess is that I’ll be sharing photos AFTER my trip rather than during. But I’ll see what I can do.
I’m participating in both the 3-D swap and the card swap that Stampin’ Up! organizes for the incentive trip. I already shared photos and directions for my 3-D one (the altered gable box) on June 25th. So today I’d like to share with you my card swap (which is also happens to be 3-Dish). It’s another freestanding pop-up card similar to the one I shared last week. In fact, I showed it off towards the end of my last Facebook Live broadcast that you can watch if you go to my July 12th post.
This is how it looks when flat. It fits into a medium envelope too, because it measures 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2.”
And this is how it looks when it’s popped up and standing.
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock:
- 11” x 4-1/4” scored at 5-1/2” and then at 1” …2-3/4” …& 3-3/4” in both directions
- Scrap for stamping one & die-cutting two rhinos (one is behind the stamped one)
- Scrap for stamping & punching 1-1/4” Circle
- Window Sheet:
- 2-3/4” x 5-1/2”
- Call Me Clover Cardstock:
- Scrap for punching 1-3/8” Scallop Circle
- Call Me Clover Leaf Ribbon:
- about 9″
Products: See below for a full list of supplies linked to where you can find them in my online store.
- Round the top two corners of the Window Sheet piece with the Trio Punch.
- Emboss the already scored 11” x 4-1/4” Whisper White piece two times – on each side of the middle score line – with the Layered Leaves embossing folder. Your embossing folder will be coming in from the side of the cardstock if you are holding the cardstock vertically (not from the bottom). This way it will reach to the middle and avoid embossing the outer 1″ sections.
- Watch the video on the July 12th post to see where to cut the slit in the 5-1/2″ score line, how to fold the Whisper White card base, where to add the Tear & Tape Adhesive, and how to put together the base with the inserted Window Sheet.
- After watching the video and assembling the base, add the accents and sentiment…
- Punch the Scallop Circle. Stamp and punch the sentiment. Stamp and die-cut one rhino. Die-cut a second rhino shape.
- Use the Watercolor Pencils to add color to the stamped/die-cut rhino/bird. Then use the Blender Pen to smooth/blend the color.
- Attach sections of Leaf Ribbon to the lower back side of the stamped/die-cut rhino using Glue Dots. Then “sandwich” the leaf ribbon by adhering the stamped rhino die-cut to the unstamped one.
- Close the card flat and add a couple Dimensionals just above where the top of the folded white sits when the card is closed. Attach the rhino to these Dimensionals so the top of the rhinoceros does not go beyond the top of the Window Sheet. (On my card, I have the rhino in the upper right corner of the Window Sheet area.)
- Attach the Whisper White punched sentiment to the Call Me Clover Scallop Circle using SNAIL Adhesive. Then attach sections of Leaf Ribbon with Glue Dots, and add this piece on the left side of the front 1″-wide section (when the card is open) using Dimensionals.
Isn’t it too pretty to use!?! But it’s time. I’m finally going to break in my pristine, overly protected, super cherished carryon luggage that I got as a recognition gift when I made the Global Top 100 for 2017. It needs to stop sitting in my closet.
I love, love, LOVE this floral pattern!
OH! That reminds me…Remember the accordion folder and Tic Tac treat holder that my friend and upline, Susan Campfield made for me as an OnStage attendee gift? I shared photos of it with you on April 13, 2018.
Since I posted it, I’ve had several people ask me how she made my gift. Good news!… Susan just recently posted directions on her blog. You can click here to learn how she put this gift together.
Thanks for stopping by today!
PAPER PUMPKIN 50% OFF!
July 11-August 10 new subscribers get 50% off the first month! What a great time to sign up! And the graphic has such pretty colors!!! Is that a hint at what’s in the kit? Usually SU does that. SO FUN!! Sign up using this link so you can become my personal subscriber and I can spoil you! https://www.paperpumpkin.com/en-us/sign-up/?demoid=25553 Let your creativity bloom and subscribe today!
A FREE Assortment of Classic Stampin’ Pads with Starter Kit!
Get the Starter Kit during the month of July, and choose an assortment of ink pads for FREE! What a great time to join my Stampers With ART Stars community & get a discount on your future Stampin’ Up! products that just debuted in the 2018-19 annual catalog. The Starter Kit is always a great value. But with the free set of ink pads, you would now get $192.50 worth of product of your choice for just $99!! Click here to learn more.
BUY 3, GET ONE FREE Designer Series Paper Promo
During the month of July you’ll be able to reap the rewards when you stock up on select designer series paper packs. The sale runs July 1-31, 2018. Click here to learn more.
Join the Paper Crafters Club
Do you find that you order at least $25 worth of Stampin’ Up! product each month? Do you want to get perks for those monthly orders? I’m forming a new Paper Crafters club, and we are looking for new members. Click here to learn more. Then contact me with your questions &/or to sign up.