Stampin’ Up!’s designer paper is typically double-sided. That means that taping it down onto a project forces you to pick only one side to show off. And that’s great if the other side doesn’t “float your boat.” But if you like both sides, then this is a card design will allow you to share BOTH sides! (This was a make-n-take that my Stampers With ART Stars got to make last week during our online team event on Facebook.)
The measurement of the designer paper is only 4″ wide, so you can see a border of the solid colored cardstock all the way around when closed. Cutting it this way also allows you to get 6 pieces from one 12″ x 12″ sheet with this 4″ x 5-1/4″ measurement. Bonus – you use your paper wisely, too! (If you are a designer series paper fan, then you may want to check out the BUY 3, GET ONE FREE promotion happening this month.)
- Shaded Spruce Cardstock: 5-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ scored at 1″ and folded for the card base
- Smoky Slate Cardstock: scrap for stamping and punching the 2-1/4″ circle
- Calypso Coral Cardstock: 3-1/2″ 4-3/4″
- Animal Expedition Designer paper: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Basic Black Twine: 30-32″
Products: See below for a full list of supplies linked to where you can find them in my online store.
- Stamp and punch the sentiment piece making sure the sentiment is right justified in the circle. Add adhesive to the back.
- Fold the card base piece on the score line and reinforce the fold using the Bone Folder.
- Lay the designer paper under the 1″ wide area of the card base so that it is centered on the “inside” of the card. Fold the 1″ wide section over as you tuck in and adhere the sentiment circle. Make sure your designer paper stays centered as you position and adhere the circle.
- Now add adhesive under the 1″ wide area, center that designer paper again and press the 1″ wide area down to stick it to the designer paper.
- Wrap the twine twice around and tie in a bow.
- Add a leaf trinket with 1 or 2 Glue Dots.
- Open up the card and add the inside cardstock layer.
I made two more cards with this designer paper and just changed out the main two cardstocks colors.
If you decide to recreate this, I’d love to see what cards you come up with. Always feel free to email me!
I was excited to receive this card. And Ashley gave me permission to share it. Yay! Isn’t it fun?! Another layout idea. 🙂
Thanks for stopping by today!
PAPER PUMPKIN 50% OFF!
July 11-August 10 new subscribers get 50% off the first month! What a great time to sign up! And the graphic has such pretty colors!!! Is that a hint at what’s in the kit? Usually SU does that. SO FUN!! Sign up using this link so you can become my personal subscriber and I can spoil you! https://www.paperpumpkin.com/en-us/sign-up/?demoid=25553 Let your creativity bloom and subscribe today!
A FREE Assortment of Classic Stampin’ Pads with Starter Kit!
Get the Starter Kit during the month of July, and choose an assortment of ink pads for FREE! What a great time to join my Stampers With ART Stars community & get a discount on your future Stampin’ Up! products that just debuted in the 2018-19 annual catalog. The Starter Kit is always a great value. But with the free set of ink pads, you would now get $192.50 worth of product of your choice for just $99!! Click here to learn more.
BUY 3, GET ONE FREE Designer Series Paper Promo
During the month of July you’ll be able to reap the rewards when you stock up on select designer series paper packs. The sale runs July 1-31, 2018. Click here to learn more.
Join the Paper Crafters Club
Do you find that you order at least $25 worth of Stampin’ Up! product each month? Do you want to get perks for those monthly orders? I’m forming a new Paper Crafters club, and we are looking for new members. Click here to learn more. Then contact me with your questions &/or to sign up.