The 2018 Stampin’ Up! incentive trip is just a little over 3 weeks away now! Our family is getting super excited. Yep…this year our boys, Nick and Luke will be coming with us on an Alaskan cruise!!
This will only be their 2nd incentive trip. The first one they attended was about 6 years ago when Stampin’ Up! took us to Disney World. What a fabulous adventure that was! I know this will be another trip of a lifetime for all of us, too.
I’m participating in two swaps while on the trip. So today I’m sharing one of them – my 3-D swap.
I WAS going to make an adorable rhinoceros box, but I decided to do a fun-fold card version of that instead for my other incentive trip swap. (I just designed the card today and will share that soon.) My 3-D swap is going to be my OTHER altered gable box that I showed in the video that I shared on the 14th. Here are photos of it. Be sure to watch the video by CLICKING HERE (or viewing it my my June 14th post) to get tips on embossing and altering the box. Measurements for the extra supplies and additional directions/tips are below. The products I used to make the box are listed at the very bottom of this post and linked to my online store.
- Shimmery White Cardstock: small scrap for stamping and punching 1-1/4″ circle
- Poppy Parade Cardstock: small scrap for punching 1-3/8″ scallop circle
- Silver Foil Sheet: small scrap for punching 1-1/2″ circle
- Paper straw: 5-1/4″
- View my video for tips on embossing & altering the box and adding the paper straw handle (take apart box carefully at the seam, emboss entire box in sections, assemble box, trim off the two “handled” sections and tape down the 1/2″ excess with Tear & Tape, use a pencil to create holes for the straws.)
- Stamp “Celebrate” and the stars images close together onto the Shimmery White scrap. Punch out with the 1-1/4″ Circle Punch. Layer this onto the 1-3/8″ Poppy Parade scallop circle with SNAIL and then onto the 1-1/4″ Silver Foil circle with Dimensionals.
- Attach layered circle to the front of the box with Dimensionals.
- Embellish box front with rhinestones.
- Add shreddies and chocolates to the inside, and give as a gift to celebrate a special occasion or holiday.
I thought these would be fun for Independence Day celebrations. But red and white also works for Christmas, Valentine’s Day, and more.
Now I’m inspired to do a masculine tool box version of this! Can you picture that, too?
- paper straw
Do you find that you order at least $25 worth of Stampin’ Up! product each month? Do you want to get perks for those monthly orders? I’m forming a new Paper Crafters club, and we are looking for new members. Click here to learn more. Then contact me with your questions &/or to sign up.
Are you interested in getting a 20%+ discount on your Stampin’ Up! goodies? Now is a great time to purchase the Starter kit because of all the fun new products that just debuted in the 2018-19 annual catalog – $125 worth of product (your choice!) for $99. With the free shipping on starter kits, you are getting a 30% discount on this first fun purchase. After that, you get the 20%+ discount for future purchases if you wish. AND you get to be part of my fun Stampers With ART Stars community!