Last week I held a Holiday Gathering with my Stampers With ART Stars. For part of that gathering we had a gift exchange. Each person that participated brought/sent a gift that was at least partially hand-stamped.
I loved the idea of making a gift bag from an Acetate Box by cutting the box in half and adding handles. (My upline Susan Campfield made a super cute penquin one as a gift to me at OnStage.) I had a matching set of Project 7 Gourmet Gum & Gummies in the Champagne Dreams Flavor. And I found that it coordinated quite well with our Painted with Love Specialty Designer Paper that will be debuting in the 2018 Occasions Catalog on January 3rd. So this was my gift for the exchange.
I made one for me to keep, too!
Here are details for how I made these if you’d like to recreate this project. You’ll find a visual list of the Stampin’ Up!® supplies I used linked to my online store at the bottom. But keep in mind that some of these items will not be available until January 3rd. So when you click on the designer paper (for example), you won’t be allowed to order it yet.
- Acetate Box: 4″ x 4-7/16″ x 5/8″ when open and assembled
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock: 11″ x 3-3/4″ scored at 2-1/4″, 2-3/4″, 7-1/8″ and 7-5/8″
- Whisper White Cardstock: 1-1/4″ x 3-1/4″ for one box and 5/8″ x 2-1/4″ for the other
- Painted with Love Paper: 3-1/4″ x 4″
- Gold Foil Sheet: a 4″ strip that has been punched the the Decorative Ribbon Punch
- Love Mini Tinsel Trim: 18″ of each color
- Keep Acetate Box flat/unassembled and use a super strong trimmer to cut off 2″ from one end of the 6″ body length. Assemble box.
- Use a Crop-o-dile (or similar tool) to punch holes on the top sides. Use a needle threading tool to thread the Tinsel Trim ends into the holes and tie. (I only looped the trim through itself once. It’s got such a rough surface that it holds onto itself pretty well. And this way the ends of the trim could hang down.)
- Put Fast Fuse on the back upper edge of the designer paper and attach the punch gold paper so it is peeking out as shown. Then add more Fast Fuse to the back of the designer paper and attach to the surface of the Whisper White Cardstock between the score lines. Fold the Whisper White Cardstock on the score lines and insert into the now Acetate Box/Bag.
- Stamp and trim the right end of the Whisper White banner piece. Add this with Fast Fuse while also adding one or two Gold Vinyl Stickers to the front of the box/bag.
- Then add your gift! In the gift for the exchange, I included the gum and a sheet of Glitter & Clear Epoxy Shapes (also debuting in the 2018 Occasions Catalog that will release January 3rd). In the one I kept I just included the gummies.
Our Holiday Team Gathering was lots of fun! Most of my team events are online now because my group is so wide-spread across the US. But once in awhile my local team members enjoy a chance like this to get together and see each other. And those that couldn’t attend were able to watch our Facebook Live broadcast, have the make-n-take materials sent to them, and participate in the gift exchange.
- Super strong trimmer to cut the Acetate Card Box
- Crop-o-dile or similar tool
- needle threader
Product Shares available for the New 2018 Occasions Catalog!
I’ve planned out my new product shares (ribbons, paper, embellishments, etc.) for the upcoming Occasions catalog that debuts January 3rd. I also have included FREE bonus Sale-A-Bration products in EVERY share. Click here for information & sign up opportunities. This really is THE BEST WAY to gather up lots of new product for less money. And the sooner your name gets on the list, the sooner you get guaranteed a spot in a share.
I am putting together another Online Paper Crafters Club…
And am looking for JUST ONE more member to join in. The commitment is to place a minimum $25 order each month for 6 months in row. In one of those months you would get the Stampin’ Rewards (the free goodies) based on the collective orders from those in the club. The other perks would be free catalogs shipped to you, a set of 6 free hand-stamped cards at the end of the 6-month commitment, and exclusive project ideas emailed to you weekly. I’m hoping to start this club at the beginning of January. Click here for more information about the clubs I offer. Click here for more information about my Online Paper Crafters Club.
You do not need to live near me. Anyone in the US can join. Let me know if you are interested!
Introducing the NEW Stamparatus Positioning Tool!
Did you see the incredible new tool that Stampin’ Up! is bringing forth to us paper crafters?! It’s an amazing positioning tool that will allow you to get your images exactly where you want them. Click Here to learn more and find out how you can reserve yours this month so that you’ll be among the first to get one.
Stampin’ Up!’s Year End Sales Event!
Stampin’ Up! is ending 2017 with a bang! This is your opportunity to take advantage of special year-end deals on retiring and surplus items. The items in the sale are last-chance and limited-inventory, so take note that these items are available only while supplies last! Click Here to learn more.