We just finished celebrating Christmas with my husband’s side of the family, and we got to host the 2-day event here at our house.
Our “Build Your Own Pizza” meal on Saturday evening was a hit! We bought a bunch of cheese pizzas from Papa Murphy’s (a local take-n-bake pizza place). I made cardstock dividers so each person could mark off their portion of the pizza. Then each person added their own toppings. The only downfall was that we could only bake a couple pizzas at a time. So we had to eat in shifts. But it was yummy. And now my boys know love pineapple as a new pizza topping.
It was fun having 16 people in our home – 3 stayed in a hotel, but the other 13 slept here…air mattresses in my Stampin’ Studio, kiddos in sleeping bags on the floor in the bedrooms…we made it work. And OH JOY, it was fun!
December 25th is already upon us (just a week away). So the card I’m sharing today is one that could be shared as a Christmas card, but it could also be shared during the winter season for any special celebration like the birth of a baby, a congrats card, a birthday, etc. The only image on it is a snowflake.
I was actually thinking “new baby” when I created it.
- Pear Pizzazz Cardstock: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ folded in half for card base and scrap for die-cutting 3-5/16″ tall oval
- Basic Black Cardstock: 5-1/4″ x 4″
- Whisper White Cardstock: 5-1/4″ x 4″ for the inside of the card and scrap for die-cutting 3-1/16″ tall oval
- Black Sequin Trim: 2 pieces about 8″ each
- Emboss the Basic Black cardstock a couple times with the Winter Wonder embossing folder. Attach this to front of the card base.
- Stamp “Oh Joy” and die-cut. Die-cut the Pear Pizzazz oval and adhere the white oval to the green.
- Put Fast Fuse on the back of the upper right and lower left areas of the oval and add loops of the Black Sequin Trim.
- Secure the sequin trim by adding Dimensionals to the back of the oval, and attach to the front of the card.
- Attach the 5-1/4″ x 4″ Whisper White piece to the inside of the card.
- Then put a few green Glitter Enamel Dots on the front to finish off this card.
A couple of these products are retiring. That means that they will be gone soon and will no longer be available. The 2018 Holiday Catalog is coming to an end. So if you want to get your hands on the embossing folder or the stamp set I used to make this card, you’ll want to do that by January 2nd (or sooner since they could sell out before then).
Happy Monday everyone! Thanks for stopping by.
Stampin’ Up!’s Year End Sales Event!
Stampin’ Up! is ending 2017 with a bang! This is your opportunity to take advantage of special year-end deals on retiring and surplus items. The items in the sale are last-chance and limited-inventory, so take note that these items are available only while supplies last! Click Here to learn more.
Product Shares available for the New 2018 Occasions Catalog!
I’ve planned out my new product shares (ribbons, paper, embellishments, etc.) for the upcoming Occasions catalog that debuts January 3rd. I also have included FREE bonus Sale-A-Bration products in EVERY share. Click here for information & sign up opportunities. This really is THE BEST WAY to gather up lots of new product for less money. And the sooner your name gets on the list, the sooner you get guaranteed a spot in a share.
Introducing the NEW Stamparatus Positioning Tool!
Did you see the incredible new tool that Stampin’ Up! is bringing forth to us paper crafters?! It’s an amazing positioning tool that will allow you to get your images exactly where you want them. Click Here to learn more and find out how you can reserve yours this month so that you’ll be among the first to get one.