Some of you may not be aware that Stampin’ Up! has this adorable 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ note card pack available: the Magnolia Lane Small Memories & More Card Pack. It can be found on pages 8 & 9 of the Experience Creativity Brochure or by clicking here to see it in the Online Store.
Instead of just making sweet and simple note cards though (which look great!), I had to put my creative twist on them. I came up with this alternate card idea. I kept the base card unfolded and cut to to 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″, layered it with designer paper from the Magnolia Lane pack, put the envelope on top of that as a pocket, and then decorated around flap of the envelope to make it the focal point layer on the card.
Products I used… See below for a complete list of products linked to where you can find them in my online store.
- Whisper White Base Card cut into two pieces
- 4-1/4” x 5-1/2”
- 4-1/4″ x 1″
- Basic Black Cardstock
- 4-3/8″ x 3-3/8″
- 4-1/4″ x 3-1/4″
- Magnolia Lane Designer Paper (or Magnolia Lane Designer Bulk Paper)
- 4” x 5-1/4″ with a 2-1/2″ x 3-1/4″ piece cut from the middle
- Cut the 1″ strip off a base card from the Magnolia Lane Small Memories & More Card Pack.
- Cut the middle from the designer paper piece by cutting just 3/4″ inside from the bottom and the top and 1″ from each side. Layer the larger “frame” piece onto the 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ Whisper White piece using SNAIL.
- The smaller designer paper piece will pair up with the 4-1/4″ x 3-1/4″ Basic Black, and the Memories & More card will pair up with the 4-3/8″ x 3-3/8″ Basic Black. But don’t adhere these yet.
- Punch a half circle with the 1-1/2″ Circle Punch into the top of the front “pocket” of the envelope. Then attach the envelope to the base card to cover the hole in the Magnolia Lane Designer Paper “frame” layer.
- Add adhesive to the outside closed flap of the envelope, and attach the 4-3/8″ x 3-3/8″ Basic Black to the top of the closed envelope so it’s centered.
- Open the flap/black layer, and then attach the 4-1/4″ x 3-1/4″ Basic Black layer so it is aligned within the back side of the 4-3/8″ x 3-3/8″ Basic Black layer.
- Flip the small designer paper over and attach centered to the inside 4-1/4″ x 3-1/4″ Basic Black layer.
- Punch the 1″ wide Whisper White strip at one end with the Banner Triple Punch. Stamp the sentiment onto the banner piece.
- Flip over, add SNAIL Adhesive, then loop on a strand of Mossy Meadow Linen Thread.
- Add a bit of Tear & Tape to the square end of the strip. Add a Dimensional to the banner end.
- Attach this to the Memories & More card. Then add a few sequins to embellish.
- Attach this to the front of the card with SNAIL to finish.
- Add a gift card, money or other flat gift.
Here is another version that I made with other Memories & More card in the pack, some Mossy Meadow Cardstock, and another sheet from the Magnolia Lane Designer Paper Pack.
If you love these patterns in the Magnolia Lane pack of designer paper, you can instead invest in the bulk pack (only available to demonstrators until just this week) which includes 20 sheets – 10 of each double-sided pattern. It is now available in the online store.
Thanks for visiting!
Click here to shop my online store.
Click here to access & view the current catalogs.
Click here to subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity!
Click here to learn about my Loyalty Rewards program. You can earn free stamps just for shopping with me!
Click here for more information about joining my Online Paper Crafters’ Club. Earn even more goodies by joining a club!
Click here to learn more about joining my Stampers With ART community. Get the MOST rewards including a discount on future products!
Follow me on social media! I share regularly on Pinterest, YouTube, and Facebook!
Please subscribe to my blog, too! Click here and enter your email in the blue box (above the butterfly).
NEW PAPER TRIMMER WILL DEBUT NOVEMBER 1ST!
How exciting! Stampin’ Up! has made the decision to make the new Paper Trimmer available to all beginning November 1, 2019. Click here to see the video where I share details about this new product. Replacement blades for the new trimmer will then be available to purchase in January 2020.
A PEEK AT NOVEMBER’S PAPER PUMPKIN KIT
In November we are offering a kit to make it easy for you to add a handmade, personal touch to your holiday giving—without a lot of fuss. It’s Christmas made easy with Paper Pumpkin! The November 2019 Paper Pumpkin kit makes 24 holiday-themed gift tags of 4 various sizes and designs. Coordinating colors are: Early Espresso, Pool Party, Poppy Parade, and Shaded Spruce. Click here to activate your subscription by November 10th for the November kit.
MY ONLINE PAPER CRAFTERS CLUB IS LOOKING FOR NEW MEMBERS
I’m forming a new Paper Crafters club that will begin mid-November (with orders due mid-month for December, January, February, March, April, and May). And we are looking for 4 more to join us. The commitment is to order at least $25 worth of Stampin’ Up! product in each of those 6 months. In one of those months, you would reap the hosting rewards (free merchandise based on the club orders). And then you’d also be able to get in on monthly product perks that would be sent to you along with your monthly club cards.
CHRISTMASTIME IS HERE SUITE DEBUTS NOVEMBER 1
A beautiful suite of products will be available starting November 1, 2019. This exclusive, limited-time collection includes festive, floral designs and includes many coordinating products. Click here for the informational flyer which shares more details.
EVERYTHING IS ROSY ON CLEARANCE
The Everything Is Rosy Product Medley is now available for 15% off through the Clearance Rack. Everything Is Rosy was our first product medley and sold May 1–31, 2019. After the sales period ended, we found that we have enough remaining inventory to bring this limited-time product offering back—but this is the last opportunity to purchase it.
BETTER THAN FLAT TUTORIALS
I’m so proud to be teamed up with five other super talented Stampin’ Up!® demonstrators so we can create Fun Fold cards & 3-D projects to share exclusively with our customers, paper crafting friends & team members each month! (Our October 2019 projects featuring products from the Holiday Catalog are now available!) CLICK HERE for more information.