I’ve been seeing others use their Cherry Cobbler and Real Red Blends Markers to color on their Magnolia Lane Designer Paper and turn their pretty white and pink spring flowers into poinsettias. I love the results!
It takes some time to color and blend all those flowers. So you may not want to make ALL your Christmas cards this way. 😉But the idea is fun. And if you just use a small strip or portion of the designer paper in your card design as I did in the card I’m sharing today, it’s totally doable.
I used my designer paper strip for the inside ledge piece that helps my easel card to stay propped open.
And do you see that beautiful sentiment?! That stamp set and many more are on sale today during Stampin’ Up!’s 24-Hour Flash Sale. The sale ends at 11:50 PM Mountain Time. So click here to shop, then watch the recording of today’s Facebook Live broadcast to see if there are any stamp sets you may want to grab up AND to see me make this card from start to finish.
I uploaded the recorded version of my Facebook Live video to my YouTube channel (since I know not everyone is ON Facebook). Be sure to watch the video (you can just click on this image below if you are already on my blog) and then let me know if you have any questions.
Products I used… See below for a complete list of products linked to where you can find them in my online store.
- Whisper White Cardstock
- 8-1/2” x 5-1/2” scored parallel to the short edge at 2-1/8″ and 4-1/4”
- 4-1/4″ x 5″ for die-cutting sentiment frame
- Mossy Meadow Cardstock
- 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″
- 1-1/2″ x 5-3/8″
- Basic Black Cardstock
- 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Cherry Cobbler Cardstock
- 3″ x 3-1/4″
- Magnolia Lane Designer Paper (or Magnolia Lane Designer Bulk Paper)
- 1-3/8” x 5-1/4″
- Color one flower at a time.
- Start by coloring the entire flower with the Dark Real Red Blends Marker (avoid the yellow center).
- Use the Dark Cherry Cobbler Blends Marker to add shadows in the base areas of the petals.
- Use the Light Cherry Cobbler Blends Marker to blend the dark areas out towards the light. Use a circular motion to blend the shades of red together.
- Die-cut the Frosted Frames die from the Whisper White 4-1/2″ x 5″ Whisper White scrap. Stamp sentiment.
- Using SNAIL, layer the white sentiment piece onto the Cherry Cobbler piece, then onto the Basic Black piece, then onto the Mossy Meadow piece.
- Fold the Whisper White card base in half. Then fold back at the 2-1/8″ score line creating a z-fold. Attach the layered sentiment section to this being sure to just add SNAIL Adhesive to the top back half only.
- Add the colored designer paper strip to the Mossy Meadow strip using SNAIL. Then open up the card and add this to the inside bottom using Dimensionals. (Attaching this with Dimensionals creates a “stopper” for the easel.)
- Color a Rhinestone Basic Jewel with the Dark Mossy Meadow Blends Marker and add it to the letter J in Joy.
If you love this pattern in the Magnolia Lane pack of designer paper,
you can instead invest in the bulk pack which includes 10 sheets of this double-sided pattern and 10 sheets of another. It is now available in the online store.
The bulk paper was available to only demonstrators until now. (Yay for everyone who wants to color and create some poinsettia Christmas cards!).
Thanks for visiting!
If you ARE on Facebook, I invite you to “like” then “follow” my page so you can get updates when I share and when I go live. My next FB Live will be on Wednesday, October 30 at 11 AM Central Time. Hope you can join me!
Click here to shop my online store.
Click here to access & view the current catalogs.
Click here to subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity!
Click here to learn about my Loyalty Rewards program. You can earn free stamps just for shopping with me!
Click here for more information about joining my Online Paper Crafters’ Club. Earn even more goodies by joining a club!
Click here to learn more about joining my Stampers With ART community. Get the MOST rewards including a discount on future products!
Follow me on social media! I share regularly on Pinterest, YouTube, and Facebook!
Please subscribe to my blog, too! Click here and enter your email in the blue box (above the butterfly).
- die-cutting machine
- die brush attachment
NEW PAPER TRIMMER WILL DEBUT NOVEMBER 1ST!
How exciting! Stampin’ Up! has made the decision to make the new Paper Trimmer available to all beginning November 1, 2019. Click here to see the video where I share details about this new product. Replacement blades for the new trimmer will then be available to purchase in January 2020.
A PEEK AT NOVEMBER’S PAPER PUMPKIN KIT
In November we are offering a kit to make it easy for you to add a handmade, personal touch to your holiday giving—without a lot of fuss. It’s Christmas made easy with Paper Pumpkin! The November 2019 Paper Pumpkin kit makes 24 holiday-themed gift tags of 4 various sizes and designs. Coordinating colors are: Early Espresso, Pool Party, Poppy Parade, and Shaded Spruce. Click here to activate your subscription by November 10th for the November kit.
MY ONLINE PAPER CRAFTERS CLUB IS LOOKING FOR NEW MEMBERS
I’m forming a new Paper Crafters club that will begin mid-November (with orders due mid-month for December, January, February, March, April, and May). And we are looking for 4 more to join us. The commitment is to order at least $25 worth of Stampin’ Up! product in each of those 6 months. In one of those months, you would reap the hosting rewards (free merchandise based on the club orders). And then you’d also be able to get in on monthly product perks that would be sent to you along with your monthly club cards.
CHRISTMASTIME IS HERE SUITE DEBUTS NOVEMBER 1
A beautiful suite of products will be available starting November 1, 2019. This exclusive, limited-time collection includes festive, floral designs and includes many coordinating products. Click here for the informational flyer which shares more details.
EVERYTHING IS ROSY ON CLEARANCE
The Everything Is Rosy Product Medley is now available for 15% off through the Clearance Rack. Everything Is Rosy was our first product medley and sold May 1–31, 2019. After the sales period ended, we found that we have enough remaining inventory to bring this limited-time product offering back—but this is the last opportunity to purchase it.
BETTER THAN FLAT TUTORIALS
I’m so proud to be teamed up with five other super talented Stampin’ Up!® demonstrators so we can create Fun Fold cards & 3-D projects to share exclusively with our customers, paper crafting friends & team members each month! (Our October 2019 projects featuring products from the Holiday Catalog are now available!) CLICK HERE for more information.