I have a few more alternate project ideas to share with you today – things I made using the contents of the July 2018 Picnic Paradise Paper Pumpkin kit from Stampin’ Up!
Besides the bridge-fold picnic table card that I shared on July 21st, the free-standing pop-up card that I shared on July 26th during the blog hop, AND the Flip-Open Pocket Card that I shared on August 1st, today I am sharing three more ideas:
- some simple origami fold treat pouches
- a 12×12 scrapbook page layout with a fun strawberry pie
- and a fruit snack “monster” treat holder
If you like what I share today and have never gotten a Paper Pumpkin kit before, you may want to scroll down to read more about signing up by August 10th for the 50% off August kit special. There is no commitment! You can try out the beautiful August kit for $10+tax and then stop your subscription if you find these kits (that I love oh so much) not for you.
Here are the cards & baskets that the July kit instructs how to make. The kit gives you enough product to make 4 sets of these.
And below are my three alternate ideas I’m sharing with you today. (I LOVE thinking outside the box and creating new ideas with these kit contents! I’ve done it with every kit since the first one in 2013!)
Extra Stampin’ Up! Products I Used: Scroll all the way down for a full list of extra supplies linked to where you can find them in my online store.
Simple origami fold treat pouches
- Follow the step-by-step visual & written directions on my May 11, 2017 post for how to fold the Cotton/Tissue Paper in this kit into an origami treat pouch.
- Tuck inside a bit and adhere a 3″ x 3″ 1/2 note card from the kit to line the back.
- Stamp the sentiments on the white strips.
- Then attach the fruit shapes and white strips to the front with Dimensionals and Glue Dots from the kit.
12×12 scrapbook page layout with a fun strawberry pie
Measurements of extra products:
- Mossy Meadow Cardstock: 12″ x 12″
- Crumb Cake Cardstock: 12″ x 12″ & scrap for tracing and cutting out pie base
- Poppy Parade Cardstock: scrap for tracing and cutting out pie
- Early Espresso Cardstock: 7 pieces that are 4-1/8″ x 5-1/2″ for the photo mats & scraps for tracing the strawberry shapes
- Granny Apple Green Textured Weave Ribbon: two strips each 15″ long
Measurements of kit products:
- White twine: three piece each 8″ long
- Trace the strawberry shapes onto the Early Espresso scraps, cut out so they are slightly smaller than the strawberries, and adhere to the back so the brown shows through the holes to create dark seeds.
- Tie two pieces of twine into small bows. Add the strawberries to the vellum squares from the kit with Dimensionals. Add the bows with rolled up Glue Dots. Attach some leaves and set aside.
- Trace a CD (compact disc) on the Crumb Cake and the Poppy Parade scraps. Mark the center on the Poppy Parade one, then cut this carefully on the line of the traced circle.
- Add sticker strips from the kit. Start with the center. Use the marked center to line up the hole in the long sticker strip. Cover it back up afterwards. Add the second one perpendicular to the first, and then add the remaining strips so that they weave in and out to form a lattice pie top.
- Flip it all over and trim to get the extended strip pieces off the Poppy Parade circle.
- Then hand cut about 1/4″ of an inch away from the traced circle on the Crumb Cake one and make the cut line wavy on purpose to form the “crust.” Flip it over (or erase the pencil marks).
- Sponge Crumb Cake ink around the outside edges the Poppy Parade pie center piece and the Crumb Cake “crust.”
- Attach the Poppy Parade piece to the Crumb Cake “crust” with Dimensionals.
- Add the ribbon, pie, strawberry squares and photo mats to the 12×12 sheets of cardstock to form the pages.
- Stamp the dashed line around the photo mats. I used Crumb Cake ink on both the Mossy Meadow and Crumb Cake cardstock. Use washi tape (or sticky notes) to mask areas where you don’t want to get ink while stamping.
- Trim off the color strip on a tag from the kit. Stamp the tag with your page title if you’d like (I recommend sentiments from the upcoming Merry Christmas To All stamp set debuting on September 1st in the Holiday Catalog) or use it for journaling. Tie the third piece of white twine onto this tag, and attach it to the pie with Dimensionals so that is covers up the circles/holes from the pie strips.
Fruit snack “monster” treat holder
Measurements of extra products:
- Basic Black Cardstock: scraps for behind the “eyes” to cover up the holes and create black pupils (I used the 1/2″ circle punch to make my scrap pieces.)
Measurements of kit products:
- Card Bases: two that are 2-3/4″ wide x 6″ long (just trim off 1/4″ from the side) and scored at 3″ (already done for you) and 5″
- Cut and score two card bases pieces (use measurements above). Then prepare your pieces and assemble the “face” on one of the 3″ x 2-3/4″ card panels:
(The smile comes from the apple scrap. And the scrap piece from the blueberry nose can be re-added with a Glue Dot or two so it pops up a bit and looks like a mole.)
- After preparing card base pieces, adhere them together as shown. Add the fruit snack pouches.
- Put this into the Gusseted Bag, pinch shut and fold over the top of the bag, clip it shut with a Library Clip, and add a couple leaf stickers.
PAPER PUMPKIN 50% OFF!
Through August 10th, new subscribers get 50% off their first month of Paper Pumpkin! What a great time to sign up! And the graphic has such pretty colors!!! We’ve been told that it’s a hint at what’s in the kit! Sign up using this link so you can become my personal subscriber and I can spoil you! https://www.paperpumpkin.com/en-us/sign-up/?demoid=25553
To renew your subscription, click here and login to reactivate. Are you on Facebook? Then be sure to join the almost 17,500 members in the PAPER PUMPKIN FAN CLUB to get lots more inspiration: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1441979982783482/
I hope you enjoyed what I had to share today. Thanks for visiting!
Product List… things you might need/want in addition to the July 2018 Paper Pumpkin kit to make any or all of the projects shared today
- fruit snack pouches
- washi tape or sticky notes
I’D LOVE TO GIFT YOU FOR YOUR ORDER THIS MONTH!
Place a qualifying order of $50* or more in my online store during this month of August,
and I will gift you a pack of Pearl Basic Jewels. OR place a qualifying order of $75* or more, and I will gift you a Classic Ink Pad of your choice! Click here for more information.
“BONUS DAYS” IS BACK!
Every $50 you spend in the month of August earns you a $5 coupon to redeem in September! It’s pretty awesome, but be sure to download and read through the FAQ/details sheet below so you don’t loose the coupons you earn. Click here for more information.
COLOR YOUR SEASON
There are new limited-time products available for the month of August in the Color Your Season promotion: the Blended Seasons stamp set (an exclusive 10-piece set with images for every season) available in wood-mount or clear-mount, the coordinating Stitched Seasons Framelits Dies (also available bundled for a 10% savings in wood-mount or clear-mount), AND a new assortment of Watercolor Pencils in 10 new colors (eek!! too fun). Click here to access the flyer.