I’m pretty excited to share the new July 2018 Picnic Paradise Paper Pumpkin kit! I dove in right away and created a few alternate ideas before heading off on our Seattle/Alaska vacation. These are the fun 3×3 cards and baskets that you CAN make if you follow the kit instructions.
There are enough supplies to make 12 cards (4 of each design) and 4 baskets.
But of course I LOVE to see what else I can create with these supplies. And oh my goodness! I can’t wait to show you this first one. (It is my favorite alternate project idea from this kit that I came up with so far!)
This kit screams picnics. Right?! And if you turn those bridge-fold cards upside-down, they look exactly like picnic tables! So that’s what made my mind go in this direction. Ta-da!
The side that is usually the front of the card on a bridge-fold is now the back on this one. It would be on this (on the white side panels) where you would write a personal message and sign your card.
If you wish to recreate this with your kit contents, here are the details.
Measurements of extra products:
- Soft Suede Cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 8″ scored at 1-1/4″ and 2-1/2″ on each end and folded for the card base
- Whisper White Cardstock: two pieces that are 1-1/8″ x 4-1/8″ & scrap for punching out three 1/2″ circles
Measurements of kit products:
- Basket Handles: two that are 5-3/8″ long & four that are 4″ long (two cut in half)
- Red/White Cotton/Tissue Paper: 3-3/4″ x 3-3/4″
Extra Stampin’ Up! Products I Used: See below for a full list of extra supplies linked to where you can find them in my online store.
- Add brads to the holes of the two longer basket handle strips.
- After folding card base, stamp the middle area of the back side.
- Adhere Whisper White cardstock pieces to the outer panels. Flatten so one side is extended open and the other is collapsed into a z-fold. Then attach 5-3/8″ basket handle strips as shown using Tear & Tape adhesive. (If you need more guidance on how to make a bridge-fold card, click here.)
- Punch out three 1/2″ Whisper White circles, remove the “stars” from three large blueberries, and attach the 1/2″ Whisper White circles on the backs of the blueberries so that the white fills in the space of the missing “stars.”
- Using Mini Dimensionals from the kit and SNAIL (or Glue Dots from the kit), add the three blueberries to the basket handle strips as shown.
- Attach three leaf stickers. (Use an Embossing Buddy to remove the stickiness from any leaves that are extended beyond the strips or the cardstock by pouncing it a few times. This tool releases a fine powder.)
- Flip the card over and attach the shorter basket handles to the “seats.” Then carefully squeeze out a drop of liquid adhesive from the Fine Tip Glue to each hold. When this dries (and give it plenty of time to do so) it will be clear and shiny. This is a great way to give the appearance of smaller brads (or nails in the wood).
- After the Fine Tip Glue has dried, attach the red/white picnic tablecloth using plenty of SNAIL adhesive on all four sides. Trim off the excess on the top and bottom.
- Stamp the sentiment onto a rounded label piece and attach to the front of the card as shown using a few Mini Dimensionals.
- Punch out three 1/2″ circles (smaller blueberries) from the scrap piece in the kit, and attach them (one on a Dimensional) around the label.
- Finally “fussy cut” four small leaf shapes from the leaf sticker sheet and attach around these blueberries.
I hope you enjoyed what I shared! If you are not a Paper Pumpkin subscriber, I invite you to give it a try. CLICK HERE to learn more. CLICK HERE to sign up by August 10th so you can get in on the August kit. To renew your subscription, click here and login to reactivate.
We never know what’s coming. The surprise of what’s in the kit in part of the fun. But you can guarantee that I will “think outside the box” and share my alternate ideas just in case you feel like going beyond and making something different with your kit supplies as well. (Did you know?…If you’ve never been a subscriber, you can get 50% off your August kit!? Scroll down for more information or click here to see the promotion.)
Would you like more ideas with this kit? Stay tuned. I always share lots!
- Subscribe to my website so you can get emails of my posts.
- I invite you to join my Paper Pumpkin Fan Club on Facebook so you can get inspired by lots of creative people who share their fabulous ideas daily.
- I also want to invite you to follow my Paper Pumpkin board on Pinterest to see what I’ve been pinning lately.
- And remember to definitely subscribe to my YouTube channel so you can catch my how-to videos that I share. On that note, I DO want to give you a heads-up…I haven’t made a video for each and every kit. I’ve usually missed out on making a video for about one kit a year. And it looks like I may miss out on making one for this month’s because of our family trip. So you’ll want to make sure you are one of my blog subscribers so you don’t miss out on what I have to share with the contents of this July 2018 kit.
Product List… things you might need/want in addition to the July 2018 Paper Pumpkin kit to make this card
PAPER PUMPKIN 50% OFF!
July 11-August 10 new subscribers get 50% off the first month! What a great time to sign up! And the graphic has such pretty colors!!! Is that a hint at what’s in the kit? Usually SU does that. SO FUN!! Sign up using this link so you can become my personal subscriber and I can spoil you! https://www.paperpumpkin.com/en-us/sign-up/?demoid=25553 Let your creativity bloom and subscribe today!
A FREE Assortment of Classic Stampin’ Pads with Starter Kit!
Get the Starter Kit during the month of July, and choose an assortment of ink pads for FREE! What a great time to join my Stampers With ART Stars community & get a discount on your future Stampin’ Up! products that just debuted in the 2018-19 annual catalog. The Starter Kit is always a great value. But with the free set of ink pads, you would now get $192.50 worth of product of your choice for just $99!! Click here to learn more.
BUY 3, GET ONE FREE Designer Series Paper Promo
During the month of July you’ll be able to reap the rewards when you stock up on select designer series paper packs. The sale runs July 1-31, 2018. Click here to learn more.
Join the Paper Crafters Club
Do you find that you order at least $25 worth of Stampin’ Up! product each month? Do you want to get perks for those monthly orders? I’m forming a new Paper Crafters club, and we are looking for new members. Click here to learn more. Then contact me with your questions &/or to sign up.