One of the moms at my boys' school saw the bunny candy pouch treats that I passed out last month to a few teachers and staff at school and contacted me to see if I could design something similar for her to use with her realty business. The shape looks like a house, and she thought it would be a fun way to leave her business cards at her open house events.
Here is what I came up with.
These are made the same way – same folds and all – except the flaps are tucked inside instead of showing on the outside.
- Position your 6" x 6" Designer Paper in front of you like a diamond.
- Fold the bottom corner up to the top corner and give it a good crease.
- Place your triangle piece on your Grid Paper so the bottom edge of the triangle runs along one of the lines of the Grid Paper.
- Fold the bottom right corner up and over to the left so that looks like this. The edge that used to be on the bottom right is now parallel with the bottom. And it should measure about 2-1/2" inches from the bottom.
- Now do the same with the bottom left corner. The two top edges from those folded in corners should also reach the 2-1/2" mark and be parallel to the bottom of the pouch.
- Grab the top corner and pull the front layer forward and down.
- Reinforce all the creases so far.
- Now open up the pouch and manipulate the side flaps (invert one of the creases) so that they tuck inside instead.
- Lastly take that flap that came down in front and fold it backwards inside the pouch instead. No adhesive is necessary for the pouch this way!
- Attach a 1" x 2" piece of designer paper to the front and add a White Perfect Accent as a door handle.
- Stamp and punch the "A Little Hello" image and attach it with a couple Dimensionals above the door.
Each pouch can then be filled with a chocolate and a business card!
That new Wood Textures Designer Paper will be perfect for her too. All those sheets are various wood grain images. She will have 48 sheets of 6×6 papers just from one pack.
(In addition to chocolates, business cards and the NEW Wood Textures Designer Paper that will be available on June 1st, you'll need the following to recreate these pouches.)