Normally I open a second box and end up using about 1-1/2 kits each month to make my Paper Pumpkin alternate projects. But I only worked with one box this time. So I didn’t have much left over from the October Paper Pumpkin kit when it came down to make six of one more card design: five to gift to my prize-winning subscribers and one to keep as a sample.
I think I get the most creative when I have very few products in front of me. Because I love the card I’m sharing with you today! I had only some partial card bases left (two with ovals cut from the middle) and a few extra strips from other card bases. So with 18 1/2″ wide strips of card base paper, 6 pairs of tree trunks, some cardinals, some snowflake sequins, and the help of some annual catalog products, I came up with this layout.
No sentiments. In fact…no stamp images. WHAT!? It’s true. I love stamping, but it IS possible to make cards without those great inks and stamps. hehehe
Here are the details if you wish to recreate this card.
Products I used… See below for a complete list of extra products I used linked to where you can find them in my online store.
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock
- 4-1/4” x 11″ scored parallel to the short side at 5-1/2”
- Basic Black Cardstock
- 2-3/4” x 4-3/4” scrap for die-cutting the Stitched Nested Label Die
- Kit card base (blue “watercolor wash” sections)
- 2-1/2″ x 1/2″ strips (three of them that vary in design/color somewhat)
- Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon
- Fold Whisper White card base, crease with the Bone Folder, and wrap and tie ribbon in a knot. Don’t trim ends yet and don’t secure with any adhesive. You may need to maneuver later.
- Die-cut Basic Black scrap with the Stitched Nested Label Die that measures a little less than 2-1/2″ wide. After die-cutting, use SNAIL to adhere the strips of blue. Start with the middle one, then adhere the other two just above and just below leaving a small gap. Use a sponge to apply Multipurpose Liquid Glue to the back side and adhere the trees. Make sure the strips are running horizontally and the trees are running vertically so they are perpendicular to each other. Also make sure to have the sparkly side of the trees showing.
- Trim the excess sections of the strips and tree parts. Then set this back within the Stitched Nested Label Die. The black should line up with the stitches. You may have to rotate it 180 degrees to get it to fit again. Then die-cut it all once again to get the stitching through all layers.
- With the help of the Take Your Pick Tool, attach the cardinal and the snowflake sequins with the glue dots from the kit. Then add this layer to the front of the card using Dimensionals. Shift/adjust the ribbon so the knot is lying just underneath, and trim the ends.
- Stamp a sentiment of your choice on the inside if you wish.
A PEEK AT NOVEMBER’S PAPER PUMPKIN KIT
In November we are offering a kit to make it easy for you to add a handmade, personal touch to your holiday giving—without a lot of fuss. It’s Christmas made easy with Paper Pumpkin! The November 2019 Paper Pumpkin kit makes 24 holiday-themed gift tags of 4 various sizes and designs. Coordinating colors are: Early Espresso, Pool Party, Poppy Parade, and Shaded Spruce. Click here to activate your subscription by today, November 10th for the November kit.
To renew your subscription, click here and login to reactivate. Are you on Facebook? Then be sure to join the 22,800+ members in the PAPER PUMPKIN FAN CLUB to get lots more inspiration: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1441979982783482/
Thanks for visiting!
Click here to shop my online store.
Click here to access & view the current catalogs.
Click here to subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity!
Click here to learn about my Loyalty Rewards program. You can earn free stamps just for shopping with me!
Click here for more information about joining my Online Paper Crafters’ Club. Earn even more goodies by joining a club!
Click here to learn more about joining my Stampers With ART community. Get the MOST rewards including a discount on future products!
Follow me on social media! I share regularly on Pinterest, YouTube, and Facebook!
Please subscribe to my blog, too! Click here and enter your email in the blue box (above the butterfly).
Product List… things you might need/want in addition to the October 2019 Paper Pumpkin kit to make this card
- die-cutting machine
THE NEW PAPER TRIMMER IS HERE!
Click here for the informational flyer about the new Paper Trimmer. Click here to see this wonderful new product in my online store. (Replacement blades for the new trimmer will then be available to purchase in January 2020.)
THE CHRISTMASTIME IS HERE SUITE IS…HERE!
This exclusive, limited-time collection includes festive, floral designs and includes many coordinating products. Click here for the informational flyer which shares more details. Items in the Christmastime Is Here Suite will be available for purchase while supplies last only.
BETTER THAN FLAT TUTORIALS
I’m so proud to be teamed up with five other super talented Stampin’ Up!® demonstrators so we can create Fun Fold cards & 3-D projects to share exclusively with our customers, paper crafting friends & team members each month! (Our November 2019 projects are now available!) CLICK HERE for more information.
GIFT OF FALL PP PALOOZA TUTORIAL BUNDLE (with video link) AVAILABLE! Here are peeks of the projects! Click here, then find this bundle in my Tutorials for Sale page.
MY ONLINE PAPER CRAFTERS CLUB IS LOOKING FOR NEW MEMBERS
I’m forming a new Paper Crafters club that will begin mid-November (with orders due mid-month for December, January, February, March, April, and May). And we are looking for more to join us. The commitment is to order at least $25 worth of Stampin’ Up! product in each of those 6 months. In one of those months, you would reap the hosting rewards (free merchandise based on the club orders). And then you’d also be able to get in on monthly product perks that would be sent to you along with your monthly club cards.