I’ve been enjoying my own personal retreat this week catching up on some scrapbooking. I’ll be missing out on the retreat I usually go on in January since I’ll be going to Disney World as a chaperone on my son, Nick’s Jazz Band Field Trip. Bummer right? hahaha… I’m not sad, but I couldn’t do both. So I’m set up in my craft room with photos all around me trying to get caught up a bit more on my boys albums. I really COULD use a whole month’s retreat, but I think that’s pretty common with us scrapbookers – we never feel caught up.
I bought the For the Win Stamp Set when the 2019-20 Annual Catalog first debuted because Nick loves to play sports. I thought it would be a great stamp set to scrapbook with. So far I’ve used it to make a few team birthday cards, though. I love that the new Come to Gather Designer Paper in the 2019 Holiday Catalog includes a couple sheets that look like lined notebook paper. So I brought the stamp set and this paper together and created this fun card.
Products I used… See below for a complete list of products linked to where you can find them in my online store.
- Real Red Cardstock
- 4-1/4” x 11” scored at 5-1/2”
- Basic Black Cardstock
- 4-1/8” x 5-3/8”
- 3-1/2” x 3-1/4”
- 2-3/4″ x 4″
- Whisper White Cardstock
- Scrap for stamping and punching baseball
- Scrap for stamping and punching soccer ball
- 2-1/8″ x 3-7/8″
- Two scraps for stamping and trimming inside sentiment – one for Real Red and one for Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Pie Cardstock
- Scrap for stamping and punching soccer ball
- Come to Gather Designer Paper (wood grain pattern)
- 4” x 5-1/4”
- Come to Gather Designer Paper (lined notebook pattern)
- 3-1/2” x 3-1/4”
- 1-1/2″ x 5-3/8″
- Stamp and punch the balls: basketball in Cajun Craze ink on Pumpkin Pie Cardstock scrap, baseball in Real Red ink on Whisper White Cardstock scrap, and soccer ball in Jet Black ink on Whisper White Cardstock scrap.
- Position 3-1/2” x 3-1/4” tipped a bit on the left lower section of the wood grain Come to Gather designer paper. Adhere soccer ball as shown below so it’s under the black a bit. Then adhere the black.
- Trim the excess Basic Black cardstock extending beyond the wood grain paper.
- Position the 3-1/2” x 3-1/4” lined notebook Come to Gather designer paper on the black. Stamp the “Birthday MVP” image. Then adhere the designer paper on the black so just 1/16″ of black is showing on the top and right side.
- Color the MVP letters of the sentiment stamp with Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, and Cajun Craze markers (all from the Regals Collection).
- Then trim up the excess designer paper extending beyond the wood grain paper.
- Add the basketball and the baseball as shown using Dimensionals.
- Add a copper Star Designer Element.
- For the inside, add the 1-1/2″ x 5-3/8″ lined notebook Come to Gather designer paper on the left side.
- Stamp the “hip hip HOO RAY!” sentiment in Jet Black on the 2-1/8″ x 3-7/8″ Whisper White piece. Stamp it again in Pumpkin Pin ink on a white scrap. And stamp it once again in Real Red ink on another white scrap.
- Stamp the image of three stars above the Jet Black sentiment. And add a copper Star Designer Element underneath. Attach this to the 2-3/4″ x 4″ Basic Black piece and add to the inside of the card.
- Trim around the “HOO” and around the “RAY!” on the white scraps. Then add these words to the black sentiment using Dimensionals.
I hope you enjoyed this card idea. Back to my scrapbooking now. 😁
Click here to shop my online store.
Click here to access & view the current catalogs.
Click here to subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity!
Click here to learn about my Loyalty Rewards program. You can earn free stamps just for shopping with me!
Click here for more information about joining my Online Paper Crafters’ Club. Earn even more goodies by joining a club!
Click here to learn more about joining my Stampers With ART community. Get the MOST rewards including a discount on future products!
Follow me on social media! I share regularly on Pinterest, YouTube, and Facebook!
Please subscribe to my blog, too! Click here and enter your email in the blue box (above the butterfly).
- long-bladed scissors
- paper trimmer with scoring blade
WORLD CARD SENDING WEEK
Did you take part in World Card Making Day this past weekend? My family was out of town for a wedding. But I made several cards last week and prepared a few customer thank you when I got home on Sunday night.
Stampin’ Up! would now like to assign this week (October 7-12) World Card Sending Week. They have sent out a challenge to our demonstrators to send 50,000 cards during this time—that’s about one per demonstrator, but of course our customers’ cards count too! So report back to me (by the end of the week) to let me know how many cards you’ve mailed this week. I’ll keep a tally, and then I’ll report our amount to Stampin’ Up! (Personally I think we can surpass this goal. I’ve send 30 so far!)
MY ONLINE PAPER CRAFTERS CLUB IS LOOKING FOR NEW MEMBERS
I’m forming a new Paper Crafters club that will begin mid-November (with orders due mid-month for December, January, February, March, April, and May). And we are looking for 4 more to join us. The commitment is to order at least $25 worth of Stampin’ Up! product in each of those 6 months. In one of those months, you would reap the hosting rewards (free merchandise based on the club orders). And then you’d also be able to get in on monthly product perks that would be sent to you along with your monthly club cards.
CHRISTMASTIME IS HERE SUITE DEBUTS NOVEMBER 1
A beautiful suite of products will be available starting November 1, 2019. This exclusive, limited-time collection includes festive, floral designs and includes many coordinating products. Click here for the informational flyer which shares more details.
A PEEK AT NOVEMBER’S PAPER PUMPKIN KIT
In November we are offering a kit to make it easy for you to add a handmade, personal touch to your holiday giving—without a lot of fuss. It’s Christmas made easy with Paper Pumpkin! The November 2019 Paper Pumpkin kit makes 24 holiday-themed gift tags of 4 various sizes and designs. Coordinating colors are: Early Espresso, Pool Party, Poppy Parade, and Shaded Spruce. Click here to activate your subscription by November 10th for the November kit.
EVERYTHING IS ROSY ON CLEARANCE
The Everything Is Rosy Product Medley is now available for 15% off through the Clearance Rack. Everything Is Rosy was our first product medley and sold May 1–31, 2019. After the sales period ended, we found that we have enough remaining inventory to bring this limited-time product offering back—but this is the last opportunity to purchase it.
BETTER THAN FLAT TUTORIALS
I’m so proud to be teamed up with five other super talented Stampin’ Up!® demonstrators so we can create Fun Fold cards & 3-D projects to share exclusively with our customers, paper crafting friends & team members each month! (Our October 2019 projects featuring products from the Holiday Catalog are now available!) CLICK HERE for more information.