I don’t think I’ve ever purchased a stamp set with cat or dog images until this 2019 Occasions catalog. Look at these great stamp sets: Nine Lives and Happy Tails! Of course I HAD to get both of them!
I love them because they coordinate with punches – one of which I’ve had since it debuted with a Halloween set on page 53 in the 2017 Holiday Catalog. (Thank you Michael Funk for having links to past catalogs on your website!).
These new sets have sentiments and images that cross over and work with each other, AND the cat one can be stamped to look like our new family member, Lucky who (as some of you already know) came into our lives almost 5 months ago. We were JUST going to foster this sweetie, but fell in love in less than 24 hours.
So I started by stamping the cat in a variety of color combinations. My boys decided that the Crumb Cake outline and “stamped off” Crushed Curry patches of fur resembled Lucky the best. Here is the card I came up with.
- Crumb Cake Cardstock:
- 11″ x 4-1/4″ scored at 5-1/2″ and folded in half for the card base
- Scrap for stamping and punching the sentiment piece
- Whisper White Cardstock:
- 4-3/4″ x 3-1/2″
- Scrap for stamping and punching the cat image
- Early Espresso Cardstock:
- 2-1/4″ x 4-1/4″
- Whisper White Flax Ribbon:
- Two pieces that are 4-1/4″ long
- Gold Cord:
- about 4″
PRODUCTS I USED: See below for a full list of supplies linked to where you can find them in my online store.
- Stamp paw prints on the Whisper White 4-3/4″ x 3-1/2″ piece (for the inside of the card) and the card base with Crumb Cake ink. Then emboss the card base with the Subtle embossing folder.
- Stamp the cat: the outline in Crumb Cake ink, the patches in “stamped off” Crushed Curry. Punch out the cat and set aside.
- Stamp the sentiment with Crumb Cake ink, punch out with the Classic Label punch so sentiment is right-justified, and set aside.
- Disassemble Gold Cord to get strands of curly gold thread.
- Attach edges of Early Espresso Cardstock to Flax Ribbon. Attach two loops of gold thread peeking out the top right and two loops peeking out the bottom left.
- Then attach the cat with Dimensionals and the punched sentiment with SNAIL. Trim off the excess from the punched sentiment piece.
- Add this whole layer to the card front using Tear & Tape Adhesive.
- Add the Whisper White 4-3/4″ x 3-1/2″ piece to the inside of the card.
- Finally add a gold pearl to the left of the sentiment.
Here is the same card only with the punched out doggie image. 🙂
This last photo is from the Stampin’ Up!® website. Isn’t it adorable?! I’m so glad I now have some super cute doggie and kitty stamps.
JOIN THE CLUB
Do you find that you order at least $25 worth of Stampin’ Up! product each month? Do you want to get perks for those monthly orders? I’m forming a new Paper Crafters club that will kick off in March, and we are looking for just 2 more members. Click here to learn more. Then contact me with your questions &/or to sign up.
Thanks so much for visiting today!
Click here to shop my online store.
Click here to access & view the current catalogs.
Click here to learn more about Sale-a-Bration, the awesome promotion going on right now.
Click here to learn about my Loyalty Rewards program. You can earn free stamps just for shopping with me!
Click here for more information about joining my Online Paper Crafters’ Club. Earn even more goodies by joining a club!
Click here to learn more about joining my Stampers With ART community. Get the MOST rewards including a discount on future products!
Follow me on social media! I share regularly on Pinterest, YouTube, and Facebook!
Please subscribe to my blog, too! Click here and enter your email in the blue box (above the butterfly).
PAPER PUMPKIN NEWS
Sale-A-Bration (January 3 – March 31, 2019) is one of THE best times of the Stampin’ Up! year. Earn free exclusive products! Earn more Stampin’ Rewards! Get a fabulous tote with one of the best kit offers ever!…CLICK HERE for more information & to find the links to the online brochures filled with fun free products. New Sale-a-Bration choices will be available on February 15!
“BETTER THAN FLAT” TUTORIALS
Five super talented Stampin’ Up!® demonstrators and I have joined together as the “Stampin’ Anonymous team” to create Fun Fold cards & 3-D (“better than flat”) projects to share exclusively with our customers, paper crafting friends & team members each month! (Our February projects are now available!) CLICK HERE to find out how you can get your hands on these great tutorials. A new one is offered each month.
CLING STAMPS ARE HERE!
Cling stamps just debuted in the 2019 Occasions catalog and Sale-A-Bration brochure! Click HERE for more information.