My Grandma Tessman used to make us beautiful gifts for Christmas. She would make “suvvy” tricot blankets, embroidered pillow cases, nightgowns (with matching ones for our dolls), and more. She eventually had 15 grandchildren, though. So can you imagine all the time she put into those gifts!? She probably worked on them year-round! Eventually there was a time when she had to do away with sewing elaborate gifts for each of her grandchildren. I can’t remember if that was when I was in high school or in college. But she still made Christmas grand. She would hang envelopes all over the tree with money in them. We each had one on the tree with our name on it.
This quick and simple gift packaging idea I have for you tonight made reminded me of her. AND you can hang these on the tree with money and/or treats inside. Make a few, and watch the smiles as everyone finds these special ornaments at Christmas.
- Crumb Cake Cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Early Espresso Cardstock: Scrap for stamping and punching sentiment
- Whisper White Cardstock: Scrap for punching 1-1/2″ Circle
- Silver Baker’s Twine: 10″
- Emboss the Crumb Cake Cardstock (optional), then add Tear & Tape Adhesive along a short edge and along a long edge.
- Tear off the backing on the Tear & Tape, then connect the two short ends to make a tube.
- Pinch the end of the shut that has the Tear & Tape on it making sure that the seam of the tube is off center as shown.
- Then staple the middle of the twine to that closed end. Connect the ends of the twine (adjust if needed), and make an overhand knot to tie it shut and form the loop for hanging this on the Christmas Tree.
- Add the candy, treats and/or money through the open end. Then staple that end shut so it closes the opposite way as the top end.
- Stamp the sentiment image onto the Whisper White scrap. Then punch it out.
- Punch the 1-1/2″ Early Espresso Circle, and layer the Whisper White piece onto this.
- Add the layered sentiment piece to the “ornament” using a Dimensional.
- Then add a rhinestone to give it a little more sparkle.
You can personalize each one by either writing the recipient’s name on the bottom or back. Or you could punch another white piece (unstamped), and attach it to the back of the Early Espresso circle before putting that sentiment layer onto the ornament. That way you’d have a small white space for writing.
- Money &/or Treats
There are many items that are leaving us from the 2018 Holiday Catalog (which ends January 2nd), and some of them are discounted. But hurry, many items are “while supplies last.” CLICK HERE to learn more. CLICK HERE to access the Year-End Closeout list. And CLICK HERE to shop the Closeout online.
OCCASIONS/SAB PRODUCT SHARES AVAILABLE!
The 2019 Occasions Catalog debuts January 3rd! That means it’s that time of year to get in on my popular product shares so you can gather up lots of new product for LESS! Sign up today by contacting me with your share choice/s. I’m taking orders for shares now through January 2nd, 2019. CLICK HERE for more information.
JOIN THE CLUB
Do you find that you order at least $25 worth of Stampin’ Up! product each month? Do you want to get perks for those monthly orders? I’m forming a new Paper Crafters club that will kick off soon, and we are looking for new members. Click here to learn more. Then contact me with your questions &/or to sign up. We are currently looking for more members so we can start another new club. Who is ready?!
“BETTER THAN FLAT” TUTORIALS
Five super talented Stampin’ Up!® demonstrators and I have joined together as the “Stampin’ Anonymous team” to create Fun Fold cards & 3-D (“better than flat”) projects to share exclusively with our customers, paper crafting friends & team members each month! Our December projects are ready!! CLICK HERE to find out how you can get your hands on these great tutorials. A new one will be offered each month.
CLING STAMPS ARE COMING!
Cling stamps will debut in the 2019 Occasions catalog and Sale-A-Bration brochure! Click HERE for more information.