Yesterday I shared that I created more alternate projects with the contents of the October 2017 Paper Pumpkin kit. So today I am sharing the second one of those three. This is a photo pocket page. Scrapbooking/memory keeping with pocket pages is quick and easy. Because you are only adding decorative elements to “card-size” areas of the page, it’s not overwhelming. AND to make it even less overwhelming, Stampin’ Up! has pre-designed elements for you in our Memories & More kits. (I completed my whole wedding album in no time using this system. I recommend this method if you are wanted to start scrapbook, but are hesitant.)
This one below was super simple to assemble, because I didn’t stray too far from the Paper Pumpkin kit project design.
Here are the directions & measurements if you wish to recreate this.
- Cut one of the card bases from the kit to 4″ x 6″. (Ignore the score line since this will mostly get covered.)
- Cut a 1/4″ wide strip and a 1/2″ wide strip from the leftovers.
- Cut the 1/2″ wide strip so it looks similar to the gold banner in the kit.
- Stamp the “Happiest Of Holidays To You” sentiment image in Basic Black ink onto a 2-7/8″ x 2-7/8″ white snowflake printed piece from the kit. Stamp some extra snowflake images in Pool Party ink. Attach the gold banner underneath covering up the “to you” and then attach the plaid banner on top of that but bit further down so the gold still shows.
- Attach the branch/ornament window layer from the kit using a foam adhesive circle from the kit being careful to keep the words straight.
- Then attach this entire piece to the 4″ x 6″ plaid layer to complete the upper left page element.
- Cut two 3″ x 4″ pieces from the Merry Little Christmas designer paper.
- Stamp Pool Party snowflake in the center “perforated” area of an ornament piece from the kit.
- Attach the narrow 1/4″ strips above and below using the perforated lines as guides.
- Add foam adhesive to the back with some of this adhesive sticking out just a bit at the top.
- Cut a 3/4″ wide strip from the gold scraps in the kit. And add this to the top of the ornament above the gold printed part to make it appear to be an extension of the ornament cap.
- Attach the ornament to one of the 3″ x 4″ pieces from the Merry Little Christmas designer paper.
- Insert these page elements into 3 of the pockets and insert photos into the remaining pockets. (The Pear Pizzazz cardstock in these other pockets represent photos, but I added this cardstock to the supply list below so you could find it in my online store if you wanted.)
In case you don’t know, I design a photo pocket page layout with each and every Paper Pumpkin kit. So if you are a Paper Pumpkin subscriber, use the elements in your kits to build some fantastic albums.
November’s Kit Will Be Shipping Soon!
Stampin’ Up! is offering two straight months (October and November) of perfectly coordinated Christmas cardmaking and gifting projects with the Season of Style coordinating Paper Pumpkin kits. If you enjoyed the October kit, you will probably like the gifting projects that will come in the November kit. Click here to sign up by November 10th.
Blends are HERE!
Are you lovin’ the the new Stampin’ Blends markers!? They are now available to everyone! If you are planning to purchase ALL of these fantastic alcohol-base artist quality markers (a value of $121.50 plus s/h & tax), I recommend one of these three ways to get the most for your money:
- Join my Online Blends Club! Collect all the markers and coordinating products, earn Stampin’ Rewards and other perks, and keep it easy on the budget by spreading your payments over 4 months. CLICK HERE to download the informational flyer.
- Purchase them all at once, add another $28.50 in merchandise to reach the $150 level, earn $15 in free Stampin’ Rewards and 3 Loyalty Rewards points, and get thenm all right away without waiting!
- OR…Purchase them in the Starter Kit! Get all the markers (and another $3.50 in product if you wish) for only $99 + tax. Shipping is free! And then take advantage of all the other perks that come along with being part of my Stampers With ART Community including the discount on future products!