I kept on creating and came up with three more alternate project ideas from the October 2017 Pining for Plaid Paper Pumpkin kit. Today I’m sharing my z-fold card – a great alternate card for sharing the family photo and the pretty shaker card at the same time.
Here are the directions & measurements if you wish to recreate this.
- Fold the plaid card base from the kit the opposite way so the plaid is on the inside of the card. Then fold the front layer in half back on itself (right edge to left side) to create the z. You should only see the plaid design if you do this correctly.
- Assemble the shaker portion of the card (per the directions in the kit) and layer onto a piece of 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ Cherry Cobbler cardstock.
- Attach another piece of 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ Cherry Cobbler cardstock centered to the inside of the card. This is where a 3-3/4″ x 5″ family photo will go.
- Then attach the layered shaker section…keep the card folded flat and add the shaker by applying adhesive only the back left side. When attaching, line up the shaker Cherry Cobbler piece with the inside Cherry Cobbler piece.
- The last piece to add is a 1-5/8″ x 5″ Whisper White cardstock strip. It will disappear when the card is fully open, but it allows the sender to sign the card.
I love this card fold because the recipient can see everything wonderful at once when the card is open.
And it folds flat for mailing.
Keep in mind that the shaker cards in this kit are pretty thick and will require extra postage.
November’s Kit Will Be Shipping Soon!
Stampin’ Up! is offering two straight months (October and November) of perfectly coordinated Christmas cardmaking and gifting projects with the Season of Style coordinating Paper Pumpkin kits. If you enjoyed the October kit, you will probably like the gifting projects that will come in the November kit. Click here to sign up by November 10th.
I’m excited to share my other ideas and will do so very soon. But for now I must sign off and get to packing. I fly out to Salt Lake City, Utah tomorrow morning for the next OnStage, Stampin’ Up!’s biannual convention!!!
Blends are HERE!
Are you lovin’ the the new Stampin’ Blends markers!? They are now available to everyone! If you are planning to purchase ALL of these fantastic alcohol-base artist quality markers (a value of $121.50 plus s/h & tax), I recommend one of these three ways to get the most for your money:
- Join my Online Blends Club! Collect all the markers and coordinating products, earn Stampin’ Rewards and other perks, and keep it easy on the budget by spreading your payments over 4 months. CLICK HERE to download the informational flyer.
- Purchase them all at once, add another $28.50 in merchandise to reach the $150 level, earn $15 in free Stampin’ Rewards and 3 Loyalty Rewards points, and get thenm all right away without waiting!
- OR…Purchase them in the Starter Kit! Get all the markers (and another $3.50 in product if you wish) for only $99 + tax. Shipping is free! And then take advantage of all the other perks that come along with being part of my Stampers With ART Community including the discount on future products!