The stamp set alone lends itself to such versatility. Have you seen the wreath cards I've made (on 9/15/17 and on 9/18/17)? And check out this card where that same image becomes a hedgehog.
Then… there are the drop-dead gorgeous designer papers! This is one of those packs that you may want to hoard, so maybe you should buy at least two. 😉 Here is a very easy but handsome Painted Autumn "grid" card that you can recreate. AND it displays a small piece from nine of the patterns.
I added Copper Metallic Thread in this second version. And I flipped some of the designer paper pieces over to give the card a less "random" look.
Here are the details.
Supplies (Below is another product list with images of each that are linked to my online store.):
- Stamps: Painted Harvest (144783)
- Cajun Craze cardstock (119684): 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” folded in half for the card base
- Very Vanilla cardstock (101650): 3-1/2” x 4-3/4” for the inside of the card
- Early Espresso cardstock (119686): 3-1/2” x 3-1/2”
- Painted Autumn designer paper (144613): 9 squares that are 1” x 1” each
- (Optional) Copper Metallic Thread (141696): about 30”
- Ink: 126965 Cajun Craze, 126974 Early Espresso
- Other: 126889 Stampin’ Trimmer, 103579 Paper Snips, 104332 SNAIL Adhesive, 104430 Dimensionals
- Decide on a pattern you’d like your designer paper squares to have. Lay them out on your 3-1/2” x 3-1/2” Early Espresso piece so they are spaced nicely. Then attach one at a time with SNAIL. Hints: If you put just a little SNAIL on each piece initially, you will be able to move the paper again later if it's not in the right spot. I also started adhering my corner squares first.
- (Optional) Put some SNAIL under the bottom left corner and upper right corner. Attach loops of Copper metallic thread so the thread loops will peek out.
- Position the 3-1/2” x 3-1/2” Early Espresso piece over the Cajun Craze card base without attaching yet. Use this piece as a guide and stamp the outline leaves image in Cajun Craze ink onto the card base so it will appear to be coming out from behind in the upper right and lower left corners.
- Attach the Early Espresso piece to the card front using Dimensionals.
- Stamp the outside and inside sentiments with Early Espresso ink onto the card front and onto the 3-1/2” x 4-3/4” Very Vanilla piece.
- Attach the 3-1/2” x 4-3/4” Very Vanilla piece to the inside of the card.
- Stamp one more cluster of leaves on the left inner panel.
To see more ideas using this set, check out my Pinterest board: New in the 2017 Holiday Catalog.
Merry Patterns Host Promotion!
Hosting a holiday catalog event is always fun. And we've just sweetened the deal with our exciting Merry Patterns Host Promotion.
A Season of Style with Coordinating October & November Paper Pumpkin Kits
To give you more of what you love, during October and November Stampin' Up! is offering two straight months of perfectly coordinated Christmas cardmaking and gifting projects with the Season of Style coordinating Paper Pumpkin kits. You will have everything you need to complete unique holiday cards and gifts. You will have more creative options when you mix and match and make your own alternate projects. And you can get that handmade holiday touch without fuss because everything is prepped and ready for you to assemble! To learn more about these kits of creativity that I am SOooo passionate about, click here. To get started with your subscription so you can get these great kits, click here and sign up by October 10th.