Maybe you could say I’m obsessed with these fun closure cards. I’ve shared a few versions in the past – examples on July 20, 2019, June 6, 2018, April 21, 2018, and April 6, 2018 are the ones I can find, but I think I’ve made and shared more. I still remember when I saw the inspiration for this type of closure presented on stage during a Stampin’ Up!® event years back when Cofounder, Shelli Gardner and her daughter (now CEO), Sara Douglass were demonstrating their card with a folding heart.
With the new Butterfly Bouquet products, I immediately had to make a couple more variations. Only this time my cards are in the vertical/portrait position and the butterflies are centered. They make me happy. I hope you like them.
Products I used… See below for a complete list of products linked to where you can find them in my online store.
- Basic White Thick Cardstock
- 4-1/4” x 11” scored parallel to short side at 5-1/2”
- Vellum Cardstock
- 3″ x 5-1/4″
- Butterfly Bijou Designer Paper
- 3″ x 5-1/4″ (for the front)
- 4″ x 5-1/4″ (for the inside)
- die-cut butterflies
- Die-cut a full and a couple partial butterflies from the designer paper. (OR…Stamp, color, and die-cut the butterflies using the stamps and inks.)
- Cut out a 1/2″ wide section from the left and right sides of the front of the card base.
- Add the narrow designer paper to the front. Then insert the Classic Label Punch and punch the slot. If you are using the largest butterfly, shift the punch a bit and punch again to lengthen the slot.
- Lay the vellum over the designer paper. Hold it steady and punch again in the same spot.
- Remove the vellum. Add a few rhinestones (or sequins).
- Flip the vellum over and add Glue Dots behind the rhinestones (or sequins).
- Stamp the sentiment on the inside of the card.
- Then add the larger designer paper to the inside. Close the card and add the vellum to the front and the butterfly so just the middle of the body connects to the the inside designer paper area through the slot.
- Fold the wings. Make sure the card opens and closes.
- Then add the extra butterflies and rhinestones (or sequins) to the inside.
Thanks for stopping by to see what I had to share today. Want to learn more about this fun new bundle of products and see even more ideas? Click here. I’m also pinning ideas on Pinterest. Click here to see what I’ve found for inspiration.
Click here to shop my online store.
Click here to access & view the current catalogs.
Click here to shop My Favorite Extras.
Click here to subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity!
Click here to learn about my Loyalty Rewards program. You can earn free stamps just for shopping with me!
Click here to learn more about joining my Stampers With ART community. Get the MOST rewards including a discount on future products!
Follow me on social media! I share regularly on Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram, my Facebook Page, and my Facebook Group!
Please subscribe to my blog, too! Click here and enter your email in the blue box (above the butterfly).
HEY CHICK & HEY BIRTHDAY CHICK
Available February 2 – June 30, 2021 – The popular Hey Chick has returned to pair up with the Hey Birthday Chick stamp set in the current mini catalog!! And each with coordinating dies. Click here for a downloadable flyer. Click here to shop online.
PPX CREW EXCLUSIVE TUTORIALS
If your Paper Pumpkin subscription is through me, you’ll now be able to enjoy exclusive ideas shared in video tutorials from the creative Stampin’ Up! demonstrators on the PPX Crew!
A PEEK AT APRIL’S PAPER PUMPKIN KIT
What makes the April Paper Pumpkin kit So Cool? This vivid, summer-inspired kit includes two full sticker sheets and all supplies needed to make 12 fun-shaped cards —6 popsicles and 6 blank semicircles to color—with matching envelopes. But, even more cool: it’s the first Paper Pumpkin kit designed with kids in mind! But So Cool by Paper Pumpkin is the fresh, fun taste of summer EVERYONE of all ages will want to savor. Kit includes card bases, 2 full sticker sheets, decorative die-cut pieces, embellishments, and more. Coordinating colors: Blackberry Bliss, Bermuda Bay, Bumblebee, Cinnamon Cider, Old Olive, Terracotta Tile. Coordinates with the Ice Cream Corner Suite from our January–June 2021 Mini Catalog. Envelope size: 4-1/2″ x 5-3/4″
If you are not a Paper Pumpkin subscriber, I invite you to give it a try. CLICK HERE to learn more. CLICK HERE to sign up by April 10th for this next kit.
ALL STAR TUTORIALS
I’m a designer with the All Stars, a group of globally recognized Stampin’ Up! demonstrators. And we are excited to share exclusively with our customers, paper crafting friends & team members our bundle of twelve March 2021 Hydrangea Hill Suite Tutorials which are now available! CLICK HERE for more information. Click here to get to my Tutorials for Sale page to see the others that have been offered. The next one featuring the Flowering Cactus Product Medley will be available April 1st! AND these tutorial bundles (Jan-June) include links to instructional videos!