I designed a bunch of cards and projects for Demos Galore, a virtual event that was held back in January. For this event, I focused on the In Bloom Bundle for my creations. I’ve been sharing these projects on my blog since the event, and today I have for you details about my leaf banner birthday cards.
I was excited when I came up with the layout for these cards. It’s easy to look at stamp images and only see them for what they were made for. So when I thought to turn the flower stem on its side to make a horizontal vine, my mind went “outside the box.” All I needed was a narrower layer to stamp on. And the Hydrangea Hill and Pastel Pearls were a fun way to add accenting.
Here are the details if you wish to make one or both of these cards.
PDF Tutorial… Click here to access and download a printable direction sheet.
Products I used… See below for a complete list of products linked to where you can find them in my online store.
- Basic White Cardstock: two pieces at 2-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ (one for the outside and one for the inside), ¾” x 3”
- Rococo Rose or Gorgeous Grape Cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11” scored parallel to short side at 5-1/2”
- Granny Apple Green Cardstock: 7/8” x 3-1/8”
- Hydrangea Hill Mercury Acetate: two pieces at ¾” x 5-1/2”
- Stamp the vines. Then stamp the leaves. Stamp full color for the darker green. Stamp off on scrap paper first, then stamp on the Basic White Cardstock to get the lighter green.
- Stamp Happy Birthday on the sentiment strip. Add to the Granny Apple Green piece. Put one Dimensional under the left side and middle. Add two stacked up Dimensionals under the right side. Set aside.
- Add the acetate under the left and right edges of the leaf/vine layer (remember to remove the protective layer on the back side of the acetate strips first). Add to the front off-center with Dimensionals.
- Add the sentiment strip. Add the Pastel Pearls. Add the inside Basic White layer.
Thanks for stopping by to see what I had to share today. Click here to see the other projects I shared during that Demos Galore event.
Click here to shop my online store.
Click here to access & view the current catalogs.
Click here to subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity!
Click here to learn about my Loyalty Rewards program. You can earn free stamps just for shopping with me!
Click here for more information about joining my Online Paper Crafters’ Club. Earn even more goodies by joining a club!
Click here to learn more about joining my Stampers With ART community. Get the MOST rewards including a discount on future products!
Follow me on social media! I share regularly on Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram, my Facebook Page, and my Facebook Group!
Please subscribe to my blog, too! Click here and enter your email in the blue box (above the butterfly).
HEY CHICK & HEY BIRTHDAY CHICK
Available February 2 – June 30, 2021 – The popular Hey Chick has returned to pair up with the Hey Birthday Chick stamp set in the current mini catalog!! And each with coordinating dies. Click here for a downloadable flyer. Click here to shop online.
PPX CREW EXCLUSIVE TUTORIALS
If your Paper Pumpkin subscription is through me, you’ll now be able to enjoy exclusive ideas shared in video tutorials from the creative Stampin’ Up! demonstrators on the PPX Crew!
A PEEK AT APRIL’S PAPER PUMPKIN KIT
What makes the April Paper Pumpkin kit So Cool? This vivid, summer-inspired kit includes two full sticker sheets and all supplies needed to make 12 fun-shaped cards —6 popsicles and 6 blank semicircles to color—with matching envelopes. But, even more cool: it’s the first Paper Pumpkin kit designed with kids in mind! But So Cool by Paper Pumpkin is the fresh, fun taste of summer EVERYONE of all ages will want to savor. Kit includes card bases, 2 full sticker sheets, decorative die-cut pieces, embellishments, and more. Coordinating colors: Blackberry Bliss, Bermuda Bay, Bumblebee, Cinnamon Cider, Old Olive, Terracotta Tile. Coordinates with the Ice Cream Corner Suite from our January–June 2021 Mini Catalog. Envelope size: 4-1/2″ x 5-3/4″
If you are not a Paper Pumpkin subscriber, I invite you to give it a try. CLICK HERE to learn more. CLICK HERE to sign up by April 10th for this next kit.
ALL STAR TUTORIALS
I’m a designer with the All Stars, a group of globally recognized Stampin’ Up! demonstrators. And we are excited to share exclusively with our customers, paper crafting friends & team members our bundle of twelve March 2021 Hydrangea Hill Suite Tutorials which are now available! CLICK HERE for more information. Click here to get to my Tutorials for Sale page to see the others that have been offered. The next one featuring the Flowering Cactus Product Medley will be available April 1st! AND these tutorial bundles (Jan-June) include links to instructional videos!