I decided to make a Thanksgiving version of my Gift Box In a Card project that I shared on November 4th. You’ll want to check that post out to see the how-to video. Watch that video first, then come back here and apply that information to these products and measurements to recreate what I’m sharing today.
Products I used… See below for a complete list of products linked to where you can find them in my online store.
- Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock
- 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” scored parallel to the short side at 4-1/4” – then cut out a 2” wide by 1-1/2” deep section ½” from the right
- 1-7/8″ x 1-7/8″ for the top of the box
- 1/2″ x 3-1/2″
- Brass Foil Sheets
- 3” x 3” scored ½” in on all four sides
- Two pieces that are 3/8″ x 5-1/2″
- Poinsettia Place Designer Paper (wood-grain pattern)
- 3″ x 5″
- 1-3/4″ x 1-3/4″
- 3/4″ x 5-1/2″
- 1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Poinsettia Place Designer Paper (pinecone pattern)
- 5-13/16” x 5-13/16” scored 1-15/16” in on all four sides
- 3/8″ x 5-1/2″
- All the Trimmings Ribbon (Old Olive)
- Be sure to attach the Celebration Tidings die-cut and wood-grain paper to the front of the card before cutting the 1-1/2″ x 2″ notch from the top. (I used the largest of the dies and only half the shape from the 3″ x 5″ piece.)
- Stamp and color the images next. (I used the Stampin’ Write Markers: Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive from the Regals, So Saffron and Pear Pizzazz from the Subtles, and Soft Suede from the Neutrals.)
- Then add the strips of foil and designer paper.
- Punch the Very Vanilla strip. Stamp the sentiment. Then add it to the lower left with Dimensionals.
- Cover up portions of the sentiment stamps with tape, ink them up, peel off the tape, then stamp them on the inside of the card. (Of course color the image image, too.)
- Cut and assemble the box according to the directions in my video.
- Be sure to tie the ribbon around the wood-grain paper/Very Vanilla layered squares piece before adding it to the top off the box with Dimensionals.
Did I mention yet that we are already decorating for Christmas at our house? We will still celebrate Thanksgiving and just planned out what all four of us want to eat. But I think we were all ready for some festiveness with this pandemic. Our son, Nick wanted to finish up a TikTok he had started a little over a month ago when the Fall colors were at their height. Plus we had some unusually warm days the weekend of the 7th which made putting lights on the roof and trees for my husband (and Nick who helped) very enjoyable.
Did any of you decorate super early this year?
Click here to shop my online store.
Click here to access & view the current catalogs.
Click here to subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity!
Click here to learn about my Loyalty Rewards program. You can earn free stamps just for shopping with me!
Click here for more information about joining my Online Paper Crafters’ Club. Earn even more goodies by joining a club!
Click here to learn more about joining my Stampers With ART community. Get the MOST rewards including a discount on future products!
Follow me on social media! I share regularly on Pinterest, YouTube, and Facebook!
Please subscribe to my blog, too! Click here and enter your email in the blue box (above the butterfly).
- Ghirardelli chocolate squares or other gift for the box
- tape (for masking words on sentiment stamps)
CURVY CELEBRATIONS IS HERE!
There are some fabulous products debuting in the January-June 2021 Mini Catalog that have been released early and are being offered along with some coordinating exclusive Christmas products. Click here to see these Curvy Celebrations products in my online store! Click here for the informational flyer. You can get your hands on any or all of them November 3-January 4.
A PEEK AT NOVEMBER’S PAPER PUMPKIN KIT
December’s cute and cuddly Paper Pumpkin kit—called “Beary Comforting”—is designed to uplift your loved ones as this beary tough year finally comes to a close. After a year like 2020, we all could use a big bear hug! With the help of this bear-themed kit, you can create 12 unbearably cute cards featuring warm and fuzzy friends, sweet stamps, and meaningful messages. Near or far, send your friends and family the extra comfort, love, and encouragement they need with this month’s Paper Pumpkin kit! Card size: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ (10.8 x 14 cm)…Coordinating colors: Basic Gray, Calypso Coral, Cinnamon Cider, Daffodil Delight, Rich Razzleberry, Soft Sea Foam, and Whisper White. If you are not a Paper Pumpkin subscriber, I invite you to give it a try. CLICK HERE to learn more. CLICK HERE to sign up by December 10th for this next kit.
ALL STAR TUTORIALS
I’m a designer with the All Stars, a group of globally recognized Stampin’ Up! demonstrators. And we are excited to share exclusively with our customers, paper crafting friends & team members our bundle of twelve November 2020 Forever Greenery Tutorials which are now available! CLICK HERE for more information. Click here to get to my Tutorials for Sale page to see the others that have been offered. The next one featuring the Artistry Blooms Suite will be available December 1st! AND these tutorial bundles (July-December) include links to instructional videos!
MY ONLINE PAPER CRAFTERS CLUB IS LOOKING FOR NEW MEMBERS
We are looking for more to join our online Paper Crafters club. The commitment is to order at least $25 worth of Stampin’ Up! product in each of 6 consecutive months. In one of those months, you would reap the hosting rewards (free merchandise based on the club orders). And then you’d also be able to get in on monthly product perks that would be sent to you along with your monthly club cards.