The first card I made was this one, but I wasn’t happy with the addition of the Black Glittered Organdy Ribbon.
I wanted more sparkle (besides the subtle shimmer that comes through in the inked up Shimmery White Cardstock), but the ribbon brought in more black that seemed to darken the card a bit more.
So on this second version, I colored a couple Rhinestones with Blends Markers and added those near the sentiment. I also cut my dragonfly stamp image in half to get two separate dragonflies and stamped those near the cattails. MUCH better. ?
At this angle (I took this photo near the sunlight in my window), you can see the shimmer from the inked up Shimmery White Cardstock.
Here are measurements and more tips/directions if you wish to recreate this card. (Be sure to scroll down further to see a couple other versions of this card using the other dies in this set.)
- Basic Black Cardstock
- 8-1/2” x 5-1/2” scored at 4-1/4” and folded in half
- 2-1/8” x 4-3/4”
- Cherry Cobbler Cardstock
- 3-5/8” x 4-7/8”
- Shimmery White Cardstock
- 3-1/2” x 4-3/4” (or 3-1/2″ by 5-1/2″ which is an easier size for adding the ink)
- Daffodil Delight Cardstock
- 3-1/2” x 4-3/4”
Products I used… See below for a complete list of products I used linked to where you can find them in my online store.
- Cutting your Shimmery White Cardstock to 3-1/2” x 4-3/4” will allow you to get five pieces from one 8-1/2″ x 11″ sheet. But I found after making several of these cards (this is my birthday card I made for those in my Stampers With ART group that have June birthdays) that is was easier to swipe on the ink if I started with a wider piece. So you may want to cut your Shimmery White to at least 3-1/2″ by 5-1/2″.
- Fold up a baby wipe (or two), place on top of a glass or plastic surface (a plate should work…or a large clear block as I used in this photo below), and squeeze on drops of ink to create a “rainbow ink pad.”
- With gloved hands swipe the “rainbow ink pad” slow and steady across the Shimmery White Cardstock. Because I used a wider piece of cardstock, I had about 1/2″ to hold onto when swiping.
- You’ll want to do this more than once to blend the colors and prevent a streaked look.
- You should be able to ink a few more sheets of Shimmery White Cardstock before needing to add more ink to your baby wipe. So plan to make more than one card. OR…stamp into the baby wipe to make other cards (like my leaf card below). But either way, be sure to use this baby wipe up a bit more before throwing it away.
- After your Shimmery White Cardstock dries, cut to 3-1/2” x 4-3/4”.
- Die-cut the cattails from the 2-1/8” x 4-3/4” piece of Basic Black Cardstock. Use a sponge to add Multipurpose Liquid Glue to the back side. Then adhere the cattails to the bottom of the inked Shimmery White piece.
- Stamp the sentiment and dragonflies, then layer this onto the Cherry Cobbler Cardstock. Add this to the front of the card base using Dimensionals.
- Stamp sentiment and dragonfly onto the Daffodil Delight layer and add to the inside of the card using SNAIL.
- Color rhinestones with Blends Markers and add to the front of the card near the sentiment.
Here I used my baby wipe as an ink pad…
…to get this fun and simple card.
And below are a couple other versions of my silhouettes card using the other two dies that come in this set. I used different colored cardstock layers, different ink refills (of course), and the Noble Peacock Rhinestones. (Those supplies are also listed below in the second Additional Products list.)
If you love Stampin’ Up!® products and your wish list is long, consider getting some of those items on your list through the Stampin’ Up! starter kit, joining our Stampers With ART Community for more fun and perks, and getting at least a 20% discount on future orders.
Being a discount shopper IS really the best way to shop!
Click here to shop my online store.
Click here to access & view the current catalogs.
Click here to subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity!
Click here to learn about my Loyalty Rewards program. You can earn free stamps just for shopping with me!
Click here for more information about joining my Online Paper Crafters’ Club. Earn even more goodies by joining a club!
Click here to learn more about joining my Stampers With ART community. Get the MOST rewards including a discount on future products!
Follow me on social media! I share regularly on Pinterest, YouTube, and Facebook!
Please subscribe to my blog, too! Click here and enter your email in the blue box (above the butterfly).
- rubber gloves
- baby wipes
- die-cutting machine
BETTER THAN FLAT TUTORIALS
I’m so proud to be teamed up with five other super talented Stampin’ Up!® demonstrators so we can create Fun Fold cards & 3-D projects to share exclusively with our customers, paper crafting friends & team members each month! (Our fantastic June projects the feature a variety of gift card holders are now available! CLICK HERE for more information.
A PEEK AT JULY’S PAPER PUMPKIN KIT
July’s “On My Mind” Paper Pumpkin kit contains supplies to make 9 mailable card (3 of 3 kinds) and coordinates with 3 different suites from the new 2019-20 Annual Catalog: Woven Threads, Garden Lane, and Come Sail Away. Click here to get your subscription started by July 10th for this next kit.
Coordinating colors: Gold, Kraft, Mossy Meadow, Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz, Pretty Peacock, Sahara Sand, Seaside Spray, and Terracotta Tile