The ice cream cone card we made as one of our make-n-takes at the February 16th Stamp Share event was so cute that I had to make a cone card for myself. And because I was excited to try making a Window Pop-Up Card (inspired by this video tutorial from Jennifer McGuire), I combined the two ideas together. And this is what I created!
Window Pop-Up Cards can be made in so many ways. The measurements for both the windows and the pop-up assembly pieces can vary. But if you’d like to recreate THIS card, check out my details below.
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock:
- 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″ and folded in half for the card base
- 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ for the pop-up base
- Scraps for stamping and die-cutting the “ice cream” images
- So Saffron Cardstock:
- 1-3/4″ x 1-1/4″
- Calypso Coral Cardstock:
- 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2
Products: See below for a full list of supplies linked to where you can find them in my online store.
- Die cut center of card front with 2-1/8″ x 2-1/8″ square die. Cut Calypso Coral Cardstock with 3″ x 3″ scalloped square die, then cut the center out with the 2-3/8″ x 2-3/8″ square die. Adhere to card front so it frames the window.
- Stamp sentiments above and below this window with Early Espresso ink.
- Position the 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ Whisper White piece in the trimmer with short edge parallel to the cutting channel. Score at 1/2″, 3-1/4″ and 4-1/4″. While still flat, stamp the inside sentiment with Calypso Coral ink close to the top of the main panel (1/2″ score line to the left and 3-1/4″ and 4-1/4″ score lines to the right).
- Put Tear & Tape Adhesive along the left 1/2″ wide section. Position inside the card so the edge meets up with the crease of the card base and so the inside sentiment doesn’t show through the window, then press down to adhere.
- Open the card and fold that inner white piece on the 1/2″ and 3-1/4″ score lines. Add Tear & Tape to the right 1-1/4 section (beyond the 4-1/4″ score line), keep the inner panel folded in at the 3-1/4″ score line, and close card to press flat and secure the adhesive.
- Open the card to fold at that last 4-1/4″ score line – to create the pop up piece.
- Emboss 1-3/4″ x 1-1/4″ So Saffron Cardstock using the Seaside Embossing Folder, then trim into a cone shape by cutting from the middle of the bottom edge up to the right corner and then again from that middle point of the bottom edge up to the left corner.
- Stamp the frosting/ice cream image with Early Espresso ink onto Whisper White scraps, then die-cut or cut out with Paper Snips. Add Wink of Stella over the images to blend the color and to add sparkle. Adhere together in a stacked formation using SNAIL. Adhere this to the pop-up piece using Dimensionals. Adhere the cone under the ice-cream using Dimensionals making sure it is also not sticking out from the bottom of the card.
- Embellish with sequins. 🙂
Thank you for visiting today. I hope you enjoyed what I shared. Remember that all the products used to create this card can be purchased from me through my online store. Click on the links in the product list below to shop.
Click here to shop my online store.
Click here to access & view the current catalogs.
Click here to learn more about Sale-a-Bration, the awesome promotion going on right now.
Click here to learn about my Loyalty Rewards program. You can earn free stamps just for shopping with me!
Click here for more information about joining my Online Paper Crafters’ Club. Earn even more goodies by joining a club!
Click here to learn more about joining my Stampers With ART community. Get the MOST rewards including a discount on future products!
Follow me on social media! I share regularly on Pinterest, YouTube, and Facebook!
Please subscribe to my blog, too! Click here and enter your email in the blue box (above the butterfly).
SALE-A-BRATION COORDINATION PRODUCTS
During the month of March (and only while supplies last), Stampin’ Up! will be offering six new exclusive products that coordinate with several of our 2019 Sale-a-Bration products! Unlike the Sale-a-Bration products though (free with qualifying orders), the Sale-a-Bration Coordination products will be available for purchase. Click here for the informational flyer with images of all the products.
Sale-A-Bration (January 3 – March 31, 2019) is one of THE best times of the Stampin’ Up! year. Earn free exclusive products! Earn more Stampin’ Rewards! Get a fabulous tote with one of the best kit offers ever!…CLICK HERE for more information & to find the links to the online brochures filled with fun free products. New Sale-a-Bration choices were added February 15!
GET $175 WORTH FOR $99!
It’s a great time to sign up to be a demonstrator. During Sale-a-Bration, the starter kit is amazing!…Choose up to $175 worth of Stampin’ Up! products (which could include preorder products!), and pay just $99. Shipping is free too, so you save there as well. There is also the option of adding in this beautiful, exclusive tote for an additional $30. Click here to download the Sale-a-Bration brochure and see the tote and the options for the great starter kit on pages 4 & 5. Click here to learn more about the perks of being a demonstrator in my Stampers With ART community. And then click here when you are ready purchase your kit.
“BETTER THAN FLAT” TUTORIALS
Five super talented Stampin’ Up!® demonstrators and I have joined together as the “Stampin’ Anonymous team” to create Fun Fold cards & 3-D (“better than flat”) projects to share exclusively with our customers, paper crafting friends & team members each month! (Our February projects are now available!) CLICK HERE to find out how you can get your hands on these great tutorials. A new one is offered each month.
PAPER PUMPKIN IS TURNING SIX!
Happy birthday to one of my most favorite products – Paper Pumpkin kits!!! To celebrate this fun occasion and to thank everyone who supports Paper Pumpkin month after month, we’re offering a specially-designed March kit and a bonus FREE STAMP SET. Oh, yes. You read that right. In March, you will receive TWO stamp sets with your Paper Pumpkin kit. Sign up today!
- The March kit features eight full-sized, mailable birthday cards cards
- Coordinating colors are Basic Black, Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, Flirty Flamingo, and Poppy Parade
- This kit has an element that is sure to “pop”!
- The FREE stamp set is even bigger and better than your typical Paper Pumpkin stamp set and can be used on a variety of crafting projects.
JOIN THE CLUB!
Do you find that you order at least $25 worth of Stampin’ Up! product each month? Do you want to get perks for those monthly orders? I’m forming a new Paper Crafters club that will kick off soon, and we are looking for more members. Click here to learn more. Then contact me with your questions &/or to sign up.