Yay! Today is the day where a creative team of us Stampin’ Up!® demonstrators bring to you our special “A Paper Pumpkin Thing” blog hop. See what I have to share, then check out all the other blogs in the hop to see additional creative alternate paper crafting project ideas that we each came up with using the contents of the September 2018 “Frights & Delights” Paper Pumpkin kit. To follow the hop, simply scroll down and click on the names of other participants in the hop to see other creative projects.
This kit was the perfect one for Halloween enthusiasts. The stamp images, stickers and other kit elements put together per the kit directions made 24 of these adorable treat bags. Click here to see the September 2018 kit video put out by Stampin’ Up! where you can view how to make these bags as intended.
Halloween is one of my husband’s favorite time of year. I remember before we had kids we had high hopes of decorating elaborately and hosting a grand Halloween party every year. It hasn’t happened yet. But who knows…maybe someday.
So this came to mind when I saw this kit…fun party invites! I haven’t shown this idea to my husband yet, but what do you think? Would you come if you got this invitation in the mail? 😉
If you wish to recreate this z-fold card with your kit contents, follow the measurements and directions below.
Measurements of extra products:
- Whisper White Cardstock:
- 8-1/2 x 11 printed on from a document you set up on your computer, then cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Basic Black Cardstock:
- 11″ x 4-1/4″ scored at 2-3/4″ and 5-1/2″
- Three 4″ long strips torn on the top edge (my strips are 4″ wide x about 1″ tall)
- Gorgeous Grape Cardstock:
- 4″ x 5-1/4″
Extra Stampin’ Up! Products I Used: See below for a full list of extra supplies linked to where you can find them in my online store.
- Color the white side of the silver pumpkin backing layer with the Dark Basic Black Blends marker. Then attach to pumpkin (the white side up) using Dimensions cut in half.
- Add small rhinestones in the eyes. Set aside.
- Layer torn strips together to create a “ground” for the cemetery.
- Cut bag label at the score line and stamp images on the white side to create a tombstone look.
- Attach ground and tombstone, then adhere to the Gorgeous Grape cardstock about 1″ up from the bottom.
- Stamp sentiment in the bottom right corner.
- Attach pumpkin with SNAIL and bat with a Dimensional.
- Fold card base into a “z-fold” and attach Gorgeous Grape layer (adhesive just on the back of the top half) and the printed Whisper White layer. Then add the “spooky” sticker.
Even if you aren’t planning to host a party, this card layout is still a fun one to send to a friend. Just turn it into a Happy Halloween card or a birthday card for someone with a late October birthday.
If you do plan to decorate to get into the Halloween spirit, another idea I had was to attach the kit characters to the inside of lamp shades. How fun is this?
Notice the spider webs on the top of the lamp? I planned that!
(Just kidding. I guess I miss some spots when I clean my house. How embarrassing.)
I hope you enjoyed what I shared today! If you are not a Paper Pumpkin subscriber, I invite you to give it a try. CLICK HERE to learn more. CLICK HERE to sign up by October 10th so you can get in on the next kit.
To renew your subscription, click here and login to reactivate. Are you on Facebook? Then be sure to join the 18,100+ members in the PAPER PUMPKIN FAN CLUB to get lots more inspiration: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1441979982783482/
Thanks for visiting. Have fun on the hop!
Product List… things you might need/want in addition to the September 2018 Paper Pumpkin kit to make this card
JOIN THE CLUB
Do you find that you order at least $25 worth of Stampin’ Up! product each month? Do you want to get perks for those monthly orders? I’m forming a new Paper Crafters club, and we are looking for new members. Click here to learn more. Then contact me with your questions &/or to sign up.
Time to redeem those coupon codes! Every $50 you spent in the month of August earned you a $5 coupon code to redeem this month in September! Click here for more information including directions for redeeming your codes with your September order in my online store.
DASHING ALONG FOR FREE
SEPTEMBER 1–30, get FREE Dashing Along Designer Series Paper (in addition to the fabulous Stampin’ Rewards) when you host a party with $250+ in sales or place an order of $250+. Limit of 1 pack per qualifying order.
*In order to qualify, the order merchandise total must reach $250 USD (before shipping and handling).
“BETTER THAN FLAT” TUTORIALS AVAILABLE
Five super talented Stampin’ Up!® demonstrators and I have joined together as the “Stampin’ Anonymous team” to create Fun Fold cards & 3-D (“better than flat”) projects to share exclusively with our customers, paper crafting friends & team members each month! CLICK HERE to find out how you can get your hands on these great tutorials. A new one will be offered each month.