My kiddos are a year apart in school. So I’m once again a parent on the 5th Grade Farewell Party planning committee. I also volunteered (once again) to design and make the invitations. But this year’s theme, “Game On” stumped me for the longest time. Stampin’ Up! doesn’t have a current stamp set that features board game images. And there was NO WAY I was going to do elaborate punch art for 90 invites. So finally thanks to fellow demonstrators, Makalah Wagner and Barbara Smith who mentioned the idea of dice in a private Facebook Group I’m in, I was able to come up with these simple 3-D dice invitations.
The kids all received them yesterday – the day the teacher’s passed them out. I’m excited to hear if they liked the surprises inside – a pair of dice and a game pawn were put in each one. After all, if you are going to give someone a box, it can’t be empty. Right?
I didn’t assemble all of these on my own. Like last year, several parents on the committee came over to put them together so we could get them all done as quickly as possible. And thank goodness we had so many willing helpers. Because I was NOT looking forward to attaching all those black dots myself. Hahaha
We completed them all on April 22nd (minus 6 because I didn’t have enough clear boxes at the time)…
…and even finished the coordinating lanyards that day, too!
If you would like to use this idea for a game-themed party of your own, here are the details.
- 5th Grade Game On Invite Décor Pieces
- Game On Invite 1
- Game On Invite 2
- All Access Pass Lanyard Labels
Measurements for Dice Invites:
- Whisper White Cardstock:
- 2″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 2″, 4″, 6″ and 8″
- 2″ x 6″ scored at 2″ and 4″ (cut after being printed)
- 1-1/2″ punched circle (punched after being printed)
- Colored Cardstock:
- 1-3/4″ punched circle
- Basic Black Cardstock:
- scraps for punching ten 1/2″ circles
Measurements for Lanyard Inserts:
- Whisper White Cardstock:
- 2-3/8″ x 1-7/8″
- Basic Black Cardstock:
- 2-3/8″ x 2″
- Fabulous Foil Designer Acetate:
- 2-3/8″ x 3-3/8″
Products: See below for a full list of supplies linked to where you can find them in my online store.
Directions/Tips for the Dice Invites:
- Crease 2″ x 8-1/2″ Whisper White strip on the score lines, then attach 10 black 1/2″ circles as shown using Glue Dots.
- Print off the invite onto Whisper White cardstock if your printer allows. To get six 2″ x 6″ invites from one sheet of Whisper White, print Invite 1 and 2 on the same sheet. There are no trim lines marked, so you’ll need to eyeball your cuts. Hint: Cut down the middle of two invites to start, then trim 2″ out from that cut to get your strips. (I didn’t intend on sharing these print outs, but I decided to last minute hoping they would help someone a bit more.)
- Assemble the Clear Tiny Treat Box and insert the 2″ x 8-1/2″ so it wraps around the inside side walls. Then insert the 2″ x 6″ invite piece so it wraps from the bottom to the back to the top.
- Add the dice and the game pawn, then close the box.
- Print off the invite décor piece sheet onto Whisper White cardstock. Punch out an invite label using the 1-1/2″ circle punch.
- Attach the colored cardstock 1-3/4″ circle to the outside top of the lid. Then attach the white circle on top of that a little off center for a fun look.
Directions/Tips for the Lanyard Inserts:
- Print off the All Access Pass Lanyard Inserts onto Whisper White cardstock.
- Trim to size. There are no trim lines marked, so you’ll need to eyeball your cuts to get 2-3/8″ x 1-7/8″ pieces. Hint: Cut down the middle of two rows to start, then trim 2-3/8″ out from that cut to get your strips started. (I didn’t intend on sharing these print outs, but I decided to last minute hoping they would help someone a bit more.)
- Layer the 2-3/8″ x 1-7/8″ Whisper White piece onto the 2-3/8″ x 2″ Basic Black piece
- Then layer this onto the 2-3/8″ x 3-3/8″ Fabulous Foil Designer Acetate piece.
- Put this insert into the zipped pouch of the lanyard.
I hope you enjoyed what I had to share today!
By the way, yesterday I added another product into my Product Shares! With Stampin’ Up!’s big Color Revamp, I have had a few requests for a cardstock sampler. (Thank you Donna Baker for the encouragement to just do it!) Click here to see the details of this sampler on my product shares information page and learn more about my 2018-19 Annual Catalog Product Shares. Invoices will be emailed out starting May 25th, so sign up today so you can be among the first to get samplers of the new products!
A new color sampler will be added to the choices soon. So stay tuned for more details.
- Share What You Love Just Getting Started Bundle
- Share What You Love A Little More, Please Bundle
- Share What You Love Gotta Have It All Bundle
- 2018-20 In Color Ink Pad Assortment
CLICK HERE for more detailed information about retiring products from the 2017-18 Annual Catalog and the 2018 Occasions Catalog, to access the lists and links, and for dates about transitioning into the new 2018-19 Annual Catalog.
Be sure to take a good look at the retiring products list so that you don’t miss out on getting items that you have wanted. Favorites are already selling out!
Do you want to be a club member and get lots of perks for your monthly orders?! I’m forming a new Paper Crafters club, and we are looking for new members. Click here to learn more. Then contact me with your questions &/or to sign up. (Club members receive free EXCLUSIVE project tutorials via email weekly AND other bonuses.)