I HAD to make one! And I’m so glad I did!! Have you seen this cute idea?…You take the mitten dies (large or small), overlap them, and add some “punch art” to get an adorable penguin.
My little guy is the embellishment on the wrap going around a container of Ghirardelli peppermint bark treats.
You’ll need the following supplies:
- Ghirardelli peppermint bark squares .83 oz bag
- Die-cut two large Basic Black mittens and one large Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer sheet mitten.
- Die-cut a Pumpkin Pie 8-point star, then cut it in half.
- Emboss a strip of 1/2″ x 1-1/2″ Real Red cardstock.
- Punch half of a 1-3/8″ Real Red circle (or die-cut this from one end of a mitten shape).
- Punch a Pumpkin Pie bow and trim off the part shown using the Holly Berry Builder Punch.
- Punch out two tiny Basic Black circles from this same punch.
- Then trim the thumb off the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer sheet mitten.
- Overlap and connect the two Basic Black mittens as shown using Fast Fuse. Notice they don’t overlap completely.
- Attach the Glimmer Paper “penguin belly” with Fast Fuse.
- Flip the penguin over and add the feet and the top of the hat with Glue Dots.
- Then add the brim of the cap with Mini Dimensionals so it comes out a bit from the rest of the penguin.
- Punch out two Emerald Envy holly leaves.
- Color three small and one large White Perfect Accents with the Dark Cherry Cobbler Blends Marker.
- Add the eyes, holly leaves and beak with Glue Dots, put a little “shine” in each eye with the Chalk Marker, then add the berries and top of the hat to the penguin.
- Wrap the Ghirardelli treat box with Whisper White vertical 10-1/4″ x 2-3/8″ belly band that is scored at 2-3/8″, 3-1/2″, 7-3/4″ and 7-7/8″. Secure the belly band with Fast Fuse.
- Stamp and punch out “Merry Christmas”, then attach to the top of the box with Fast Fuse. Then either trim off the excess or fold the remaining portion of the circle over.
- Attach the penguin with more Mini Dimensionals. And gift to someone sweet. 😉
If you don’t have these supplies on hand now and you want to make this yourself, gather up what you need (since the Mitten dies will be retiring in just days) from my online store by clicking on the supplies above. Then be sure to make these treats either when Christmas rolls around next year or even sooner to celebrate a winter birthday or the New Year.
Stampin’ Up!’s Year End Sales Event!
Stampin’ Up! is ending 2017 with a bang! This is your opportunity to take advantage of special year-end deals on retiring and surplus items. The items in the sale are last-chance and limited-inventory, so take note that these items are available only while supplies last! Click Here to learn more.