Welcome to our monthly “A Paper Pumpkin Thing” blog hop! See what I have to share. Then check out all the other blogs in the hop to see additional creative alternate paper crafting project ideas that we each came up with using the contents of the March 2021 Here’s to You Paper Pumpkin kit. To follow the hop and see other creative project ideas, simply scroll down and click on the names of other hop participants. (If you are receiving this blog post by email, click HERE to see the hop.)
Here are the cards the kit instructs how to make. (Click here for a link to Stampin’ Up!’s how-to video to help you assemble these as intended.)
I’ve already shared some other alternate projects using the contents of this kit on March 25th.
- How to add a few extra supplies to triple the cards in the kit (includes a couple fun fold cards)
- How to simply repurpose the kit box to make a gift box
- And how to make a masculine-themed birthday 12×12 scrapbook page layout
CLICK HERE to check them out for more ideas.
I wanted to show both the wintery white side of the die-cut trees and the deep Pretty Peacock green all in one card. So today I am sharing a window card and simple gift tag with you. Celebrating a retirement was a fitting theme I thought.
You’ll end up with two square pieces cut from the centers of the card base and the inside layer. So those I put together to create a gift tag.
Products I used… See below for a complete list of extra products I used linked to where you can find them in my online store.
- Cut a sticky note (Post It® Note) to 2-3/4″ x 2-3/4″. Center it in the middle of the Pretty Peacock card base.
- Use the trimmer and cut a window from the card base using this square as a guide. (FYI…the cuts will be 3/4″ in from the two sides and 1-3/8″ down from the top and up from the bottom.)
- Cut the floral envelope liner to 4″ x 4″. Then cut 5/8″ in from each side to cut out another 2-3/4″ x 2-3/4″ window from this piece.
- Add a 3-3/4″ x 3-3/4″ window sheet evenly over the window from the inside of the card.
- Use the Mini Dimensionals to attach the trees over the window area as shown.
- Stamp “time for a new adventure” underneath and stamp the birds onto the inside of the card through the window.
- Then open the card, add the floral frame around the window (be sure the flowers are positioned upward), and then add another die-cut set of trees using the Glue Dots in the kit so it is positioned over the other trees but just off ever so slightly to reveal the two layers.
- Stamp the inside words high enough where they won’t be shown when the card is closed. Stamp “retirement” first. Then stamp “happy” above.
- Add orange sequins so the won’t show when the card is closed
- Add blue sequins to the front of the card.
- Add the extra envelope liner to a Basic White envelope.
- Stamp “congratulations” onto a kit sentiment strip, add to the layered squares (leftovers from the windows) with Dimensionals, embellish with sequins, and add to a gift.
I hope I inspired your creativity with what I shared today! If you did not get this kit, I hope you can apply these ideas to products you already own.
A PEEK AT APRIL’S PAPER PUMPKIN KIT
What makes the April Paper Pumpkin kit So Cool? This vivid, summer-inspired kit includes two full sticker sheets and all supplies needed to make 12 fun-shaped cards —6 popsicles and 6 blank semicircles to color—with matching envelopes. But, even more cool: it’s the first Paper Pumpkin kit designed with kids in mind! But So Cool by Paper Pumpkin is the fresh, fun taste of summer EVERYONE of all ages will want to savor. Click here to see the So Cool introductory video to make you drool even more! Kit includes card bases, 2 full sticker sheets, decorative die-cut pieces, embellishments, and more. Coordinating colors: Blackberry Bliss, Bermuda Bay, Bumblebee, Cinnamon Cider, Old Olive, Terracotta Tile. Coordinates with the Ice Cream Corner Suite from our January–June 2021 Mini Catalog. Envelope size: 4-1/2″ x 5-3/4″
To renew your subscription, click here and login to reactivate. Are you on Facebook? Then be sure to join the 28,900+ members in the PAPER PUMPKIN FAN CLUB to get lots more inspiration: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1441979982783482/
Thanks for visiting!
Click here to shop my online store.
Click here to access & view the current catalogs.
Click here to subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity!
Click here to learn about my Loyalty Rewards program. You can earn free stamps just for shopping with me!
Click here for more information about joining my Online Paper Crafters’ Club. Earn even more goodies by joining a club!
Click here to learn more about joining my Stampers With ART community. Get the MOST rewards including a discount on future products!
Follow me on social media! I share regularly on Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram, my Facebook Page, and my Facebook Group!
Please subscribe to my blog, too! Click here and enter your email in the blue box (above the butterfly).
Product List…things you might need/want in addition to the March 2021 Paper Pumpkin kit
- sticky notes/Post It® Notes
LAST CHANCE PRODUCTS SALE
It’s time to say goodbye to retiring products* from the 2020-21 Annual Catalog and 2021-21 Beginner Brochure. Click here for more information and to access the list os products leaving.
HEY CHICK & HEY BIRTHDAY CHICK
Available February 2 – June 30, 2021 – The popular Hey Chick has returned to pair up with the Hey Birthday Chick stamp set in the current mini catalog!! And each with coordinating dies. Click here for a downloadable flyer. Click here to shop online.
CRAZY FOR BUTTERFLIES
New early release and exclusive Butterfly Bouquet products are now available March 2 through May 3, 2021!! Click here for a downloadable flyer. Click here to shop online. BTW the Butterfly Bijou Designer is no longer available.
PPX CREW EXCLUSIVE TUTORIALS
If your Paper Pumpkin subscription is through me, you’ll now be able to enjoy exclusive ideas shared in video tutorials from the creative Stampin’ Up! demonstrators on the PPX Crew!
A PEEK AT APRIL’S PAPER PUMPKIN KIT
What makes the April Paper Pumpkin kit So Cool? This vivid, summer-inspired kit includes two full sticker sheets and all supplies needed to make 12 fun-shaped cards —6 popsicles and 6 blank semicircles to color—with matching envelopes. But, even more cool: it’s the first Paper Pumpkin kit designed with kids in mind! But So Cool by Paper Pumpkin is the fresh, fun taste of summer EVERYONE of all ages will want to savor. Kit includes card bases, 2 full sticker sheets, decorative die-cut pieces, embellishments, and more. Click here to see the So Cool introductory video to make you drool even more! Coordinating colors: Blackberry Bliss, Bermuda Bay, Bumblebee, Cinnamon Cider, Old Olive, Terracotta Tile. Coordinates with the Ice Cream Corner Suite from our January–June 2021 Mini Catalog. Envelope size: 4-1/2″ x 5-3/4″
If you are not a Paper Pumpkin subscriber, I invite you to give it a try. CLICK HERE to learn more. CLICK HERE to sign up by April 10th for this next kit.
ALL STAR TUTORIALS
I’m a designer with the All Stars, a group of globally recognized Stampin’ Up! demonstrators. And we are excited to share exclusively with our customers, paper crafting friends & team members our bundle of twelve April 2021 Flowering Cactus Product Medley Tutorials which are now available! CLICK HERE for more information. Click here to get to my Tutorials for Sale page to see the others that have been offered. The next one featuring the Ice-Cream Corner Suite will be available May 1st! AND these tutorial bundles (Jan-June) include links to instructional videos!