Each month my club members are gifted a card made with current products that I feature on my blog. It’s a fun way for me to thank them, and it puts new ideas into their hands to give them even more inspiration. Click here to learn more about joining my Online Paper Crafter’s Club. We are looking for 3-4 new members!
I just put these cards featuring the “spotlighting technique” out in the mail today to my Paper Crafter’s Club members.
Here are the details if you wish to recreated this fun design.
Products I used… See below for a complete list of extra products I used linked to where you can find them in my online store.
- Basic Black Cardstock
- 4-1/4” x 11″ scored parallel to the short side at 5-1/2”
- Scrap for punching Starburst
- Whisper White Cardstock
- 4″ x 5-1/4″ (for the inside)
- Scraps for stamping and die-cutting bees
- Golden Honey Designer Paper (free during Sale-a-Bration!)
- 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Colored Cardstock (to match Blends Marker)
- 2-1/4″ x 5/8″
- Stamp and die-cut a large and small bee.
- Punch a 2″ Circle straight in from the top of the designer paper peice. You may want to consider which end should be the top based on the images within the designer paper. In this example I chose this end because it included both a large and small bee, because in my finished card I wanted to place my die-cut bees over these images of bees in the designer paper to give the appearance of those bees popping off the paper. (Note…Not all the designer paper designs will work with this.)
- Color the die-cut bees abdomens.
- To “spotlight” this section of the designer paper, add color and layer it onto a slightly larger circle of Basic Black Cardstock. In this case I used the Starburst Punch for the larger circular layer. And instead of coloring the details of the bees, I instead just colored over the whole area with my Blends Marker. I used Blends Markers rather than the Stampin’ Write Markers so I would get a smoother flow of color without the streaked look.
- Attach the colored circle to the Starburst circle using SNAIL Adhesive. Attach the die-cut bees (possibly over the printed designer paper bees) using Dimensionals. Then add more SNAIL to the bottom and add loops of metallic thread. I got my gold metallic thread by trimming pulling the edge threads away from an 8″ length of Gold Metallic Edge Ribbon.
- Trim off 1-1/8″ from the bottom of the designer paper. Then trim off another 1/8″ to form the gap. Keep these all lined up so the images flow.
- Stamp and add the 4″ x 5-1/4″ Whisper White to the inside of the card.
- Add the larger 4″ x 4″ designer paper to the front of the card. Then add the narrower 4″ x 1-1/8″ piece below keeping that 1/8″ gap and forming the illusion of a black strip running through the bottom.
- Add the layered circle (the spotlighted area of the card) to the front of the card so the designs in the designer paper line back up again.
- Stamp the sentiment piece. Notch the end with a scissors. And attach to the front of the card.
On a couple of my cards, I embellished with Gold Metallic Pearls instead of metallic thread just for a different look. I should’ve taken a photo of all 22 cards before I put them out in the mail, but tomorrow after my Facebook Live Online Paper Crafting Class (yes, I moved it to Tuesday), I am packing up for a 5-day crafting retreat!! I’m working fast to get everything done before I go. 😃A big thanks to my assistant Vicki for helping me die-cut all those bees!
Here are close ups of four of the finished cards. The bees I stamped line up with the bees in the designer paper on these first two cards.
You can also see that on the first and third cards I embellished with metallic thread. And on the second and last ones I used metallic pearls.
They were super fun to make! And what a festive design that brings back the comfort of warm weather to those of us in the cold Minnesota winter season right now.
Click here to shop my online store.
Click here to access & view the current catalogs.
Click here to subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity!
Click here to learn about my Loyalty Rewards program. You can earn free stamps just for shopping with me!
Click here for more information about joining my Online Paper Crafters’ Club. Earn even more goodies by joining a club!
Click here to learn more about joining my Stampers With ART community. Get the MOST rewards including a discount on future products!
Follow me on social media! I share regularly on Pinterest, YouTube, and Facebook!
Please subscribe to my blog, too! Click here and enter your email in the blue box (above the butterfly).
- die-cutting machine
TIME TO SUBSCRIBE FOR THE ALL STAR TUTORIALS
I’m back as a designer with the All Stars, a group of globally recognized Stampin’ Up! demonstrators. And we are gearing up for a series of five fabulous months. Click here to learn more.
January 3 to March 31, 2020. Free products for all! Click here to learn more.
COORDINATION PRODUCTS COMING SOON
February 4-March 31 is the perfect opportunity to purchase products that coordinate with our favorite products from the January–June 2020 Mini Catalog and Sale-A-Bration. Only available for a limited time or while supplies last. Click here for the visual flyer so you can plan ahead! Click here for the coordination products list flyer.
BETTER THAN FLAT TUTORIALS
I’m so proud to be teamed up with five other super talented Stampin’ Up!® demonstrators so we can create Fun Fold cards & 3-D projects to share exclusively with our customers, paper crafting friends & team members each month! (Our January 2020 projects with a Valentine theme are now available!) CLICK HERE for more information.
A PEEK AT FEBRUARY’S PAPER PUMPKIN KIT
February’s Paper Pumpkin kit, Lovely Day kit is versatile, elegant, and the perfect way to help celebrate birthdays and other grand occasions. It coordinates perfectly with the Happy Birthday to You Stamp Set (item 152308), which is available free as part of Stampin’ Up!’s Sale-A-Bration promotion. Makes nine 4-1/4” x 5-1/2” cards and envelopes. Coordinating colors are: Petal Pink, Pool Party, Pretty Peacock, Rich Razzleberry, Rococo Rose, and Old Olive. Click here to activate your subscription by February 10th for this February kit.
MY ONLINE PAPER CRAFTERS CLUB IS LOOKING FOR NEW MEMBERS
We are looking for more to join our online Paper Crafters club. The commitment is to order at least $25 worth of Stampin’ Up! product in each of 6 consecutive months. In one of those months, you would reap the hosting rewards (free merchandise based on the club orders). And then you’d also be able to get in on monthly product perks that would be sent to you along with your monthly club cards.