Yesterday I shared on my blog my Snowman Season Corner Twist Card that I showed how to make in this past week’s online paper crafting class on Facebook. Today I am sharing the details for another version of that card – the one that I showed at the end of that video, the Purple Posy one that I stamped with the New Wonders Host Stamp Set.
(Click here to view that how-to video on YouTube where I share how to make a Corner Twist Card.)
A corner twist card is sort of like a z-fold card. But because the score line on the front of the card base runs at a diagonal, the image attached rotates 45 degrees when the card opens. So you’ll want to keep that in mind if you make variations of this fun fold. (By the way, the corner twist card is a simplified version of the fun-fold card I made for the October 2019 Stampin’ Anonymous set of Tutorials. Be sure you purchase that 23-page set of tutorials or place an order this month through me to earn it for free. There are some awesome projects in it.)
Below are measurements, more photos, and a products list for this New Wonders card. (By the way, is she not the most adorable little fairy!?)
Products I used… See below for a complete list of products linked to where you can find them in my online store.
- Purple Posy Cardstock
- 4-1/4” x 11” scored at 5-1/2” …then position vertically, mark 4-1/4” down from the top left corner and score from the point to the top right corner
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock
- 3-1/4” x 3-1/4”
- 3-1/4” x 2-1/4”
- Basic Black Cardstock
- 3-3/8” x 3-3/8”
- 3-3/8” x 2-3/8”
- Black Glittered Organdy Ribbon
- After scoring and folding Purple Posy Cardstock, emboss the inside with the Country Floral Embossing Folder. If you emboss past the 5-1/2″ score line, don’t worry too much. The ribbon tied around the front can conceal that.
- Stamp images onto Whisper White Thick Cardstock pieces. The fairy will rotate 45 degrees when the card is opened, so keep that in mind when stamping it.
- Color with Stampin’ Blends Markers.
- Add Wink of Stella to her hair, wings, the paper area, and the hearts/stars in the sky.
- With the Purple Posy Cardstock folded on both score lines, stamp “congratulations” in the upper right leaving room for the ribbon.
- Tie on the ribbon.
- Add the Whisper White Thick Cardstock pieces to the coordinating Basic Black pieces.
- Attach the sentiment layer to the inside of the card first using Tear & Tape Adhesive.
- Attach the fairy image layer to the front diagonal folded flap using Dimensionals. Be sure that you don’t add any adhesive under the bottom left corner half. Be sure that this layer conceals the sentiment layer underneath.
Fun right?! I’d love to see any of your variations of this card!
OH FUN!! Stamp-n-Storage is having its Fall Sale!
You can get 15% off storewide at Stamp-n-Storage now through October 7th! Plus orders shipped in the domestic US get Free Shipping. Just use the coupon code: FALL2019 when you check out.
Orders over $50 qualify for a FREE Pop-Up Waste Basket now through Monday, October 7, 2019! Just add the Pop-Up Basket to your shopping cart and the discount will be applied during the checkout process.
Click here to shop my online store.
Click here to access & view the current catalogs.
Click here to subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity!
Click here to learn about my Loyalty Rewards program. You can earn free stamps just for shopping with me!
Click here for more information about joining my Online Paper Crafters’ Club. Earn even more goodies by joining a club!
Click here to learn more about joining my Stampers With ART community. Get the MOST rewards including a discount on future products!
Follow me on social media! I share regularly on Pinterest, YouTube, and Facebook!
Please subscribe to my blog, too! Click here and enter your email in the blue box (above the butterfly).
- Paper trimmer with scoring blade
- Embossing machine
MY ONLINE PAPER CRAFTERS CLUB IS LOOKING FOR NEW MEMBERS
I’m forming a new Paper Crafters club that will begin mid-October (with orders due mid-month for November, December, January, February, March & April). And we are looking for more to join us. The commitment is to order at least $25 worth of Stampin’ Up! product in each of those 6 months. In one of those months, you would reap the hosting rewards (free merchandise based on the club orders). And then you’d also be able to get in on monthly product perks that would be sent to you along with your monthly club cards.
CHRISTMASTIME IS HERE SUITE DEBUTS NOVEMBER 1
A beautiful suite of products will be available starting November 1, 2019. This exclusive, limited-time collection includes festive, floral designs and includes many coordinating products. Click here for the informational flyer which shares more details.
PURPLE POSY IS HERE!
We are excited to announce that Purple Posy Classic Stampin’ Pads and Purple Posy Classic Stampin’ Ink Refills are available to order. You may now also purchase the 2019–2021 In Color Classic Stampin’ Pads (includes all five of the 2019–2021 In Colors).
- Purple Posy Classic Stampin’ Pad (item 150084)
- Purple Posy Classic Stampin’ Ink Refill (item 150091)
- 2019–2021 In Color Classic Stampin’ Pads (item 150087)
ALL 3-D EMBOSSING FOLDERS AVAILABLE NOW
These remaining 3D embossing folders are now available to order in the new style (Yay!!):
- TUFTED 3D EMBOSSING FOLDER (item 151785)
- CORRUGATED 3D EMBOSSING FOLDER (item 151811)
- LAYERED LEAVES 3D EMBOSSING FOLDER (item 152321)
A PEEK AT OCTOBER’S & NOVEMBER’S PAPER PUMPKIN KITS
Christmastime papercrafting with Paper Pumpkin has become an annual tradition! So to deliver more of what our subscribers love this holiday season, in October and November we are offering back-to-back coordinating kits, one with Christmas cards, the other with Christmas tags. Both kits make it easy for you to add a handmade, personal touch to your holiday giving—without a lot of fuss. It’s Christmas made easy with Paper Pumpkin! The October 2019 Paper Pumpkin kit makes ten 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ cards and includes envelopes. The November 2019 Paper Pumpkin kit makes 24 holiday-themed gift tags of 4 various sizes and designs. Both kits include coordinating colors: Early Espresso, Pool Party, Poppy Parade, and Shaded Spruce. The October and November kits coordinate; however, each kit is all-inclusive and can stand alone.
Click here to get your subscription started by October 10th for the next kit.
BETTER THAN FLAT TUTORIALS
I’m so proud to be teamed up with five other super talented Stampin’ Up!® demonstrators so we can create Fun Fold cards & 3-D projects to share exclusively with our customers, paper crafting friends & team members each month! (Our October 2019 projects featuring products from the Holiday Catalog are now available!) CLICK HERE for more information.