Oh, I hope you like this card that I created with products from the How Sweet It Is Suite! After I put one together, I knew I had to make more. So I have 3 versions to show you.
I added a narrow 2-1/8″ x 11″ folded strip of Basic Black cardstock to a full 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ base layer. Hence the name: Strip Fold Card.
The designer paper colors are so bright and cheerful. And the images & sentiments in this suite of products make perfect birthday cards for anyone ages 4-104.
Here are measurements and directions for making one (my FAVORITE one).
- Basic Black Cardstock:
- 2-1/8″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″ and folded in half
- 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- How Sweet It Is Designer Paper:
- Two coordinating strips that are 1″ x 5-1/4″ (see trick below)
- Candy jar image die-cut from jars pattern sheet
- Whisper White Cardstock:
- 1-7/8″ x 5-1/4″
- 3/4″ x 3″
- Coastal Cabana/Granny Apple Green Reversible Ribbon:
- about 9″
PRODUCTS I USED: See below for a full list of supplies linked to where you can find them in my online store.
- Cut and prepare all your pieces.
- Stamp the sentiments onto the Whisper White pieces. Cut a notch from the right end of the small Happy Birthday one (as shown).
- The designer paper strips go on the top and bottom of your 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ Basic Black base. To get the two designer paper strips to look as if they are connected as one full sheet, cut your one inch strips from either a 6″ x 5-1/4″ piece or a 12″ x 5-1/4″ piece. (The 6″ piece will give you six 1″ strips…enough for 3 cards. The 12″ piece will give you twelve 1″ strips…enough for 6 cards.
- Lay the strips out in order. Then pair up the 1st and 4th, the 2nd and 5th, the 3rd and 6th, the 7th and 10th, the 8th and 11th, and the 9th and 12th. When you pair up these pieces to add to your cards, the distance they had on the actual designer paper will be maintained so they give that appearance that you used a much larger layer of paper. Yay!
- Attach the strips to the top and bottom of your horizontal 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ Basic Black base.
- Adhere the stamped 1-7/8″ x 5-1/4″ Whisper White layer to the inside of the folded 2-1/8″ x 11″ Basic Black strip.
- Adhere this across the middle of the base.
- Tie the ribbon around the strip layer and tie a knot on the front. The trick for getting the ribbon to show both colors is to twist it before tightening it.
- Finally attach the die-cut candy card with Dimensionals while at the same time attaching the banner sentiment piece with SNAIL (tucking the left end under the jar).
Thank you for visiting today. I hope you enjoyed what I shared.
Click here to shop my online store.
Click here to access & view the current catalogs.
Click here to learn more about Sale-a-Bration, the awesome promotion going on right now.
Click here to learn about my Loyalty Rewards program. You can earn free stamps just for shopping with me!
Click here for more information about joining my Online Paper Crafters’ Club. Earn even more goodies by joining a club!
Click here to learn more about joining my Stampers With ART community. Get the MOST rewards including a discount on future products!
Follow me on social media! I share regularly on Pinterest, YouTube, and Facebook! Please subscribe to my blog, too!
PAPER PUMPKIN NEWS
Sale-A-Bration (January 3 – March 31, 2019) is one of THE best times of the Stampin’ Up! year. Earn free exclusive products! Earn more Stampin’ Rewards! Get a fabulous tote with one of the best kit offers ever!…CLICK HERE for more information.
“BETTER THAN FLAT” TUTORIALS
Five super talented Stampin’ Up!® demonstrators and I have joined together as the “Stampin’ Anonymous team” to create Fun Fold cards & 3-D (“better than flat”) projects to share exclusively with our customers, paper crafting friends & team members each month! (Our January projects are now available!) CLICK HERE to find out how you can get your hands on these great tutorials. A new one is offered each month.
JOIN THE CLUB
Do you find that you order at least $25 worth of Stampin’ Up! product each month? Do you want to get perks for those monthly orders? I’m forming a new Paper Crafters club that will kick off in March, and we are looking for 3 new members. Click here to learn more. Then contact me with your questions &/or to sign up.
CLING STAMPS ARE HERE!
Cling stamps just debuted in the 2019 Occasions catalog and Sale-A-Bration brochure! Click HERE for more information.
I INVITE YOU TO SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG
Get emails every time I share. My blog is my main platform for sharing my ideas, my creations and the latest Stampin’ Up! news and promotions. I post about four times per week. (If you find that getting emails of my posts is not for you, you can always unsubscribe.) To subscribe…
- When you are in my actual blog, look at the images along the right-hand side.
- Find the “subscribe by email” section under the image of the current catalogs.
- Then enter your email and click “subscribe me.”