The Classic Garage Suite is a fun one for making masculine cards and gifts. Here is a card we made at our Silver Elite Retreat. It features the Geared Up Garage Stamp Set, the Classic Garage Designer Paper, the Garage Gears Thinlits, the Classic Garage Metal Elements, the Black/Silver Striped Metallic Ribbon, and the Tailored Tag Punch.
Products: See below for a full list of supplies linked to where you can find them in my online store.
I love that there are images in the designer paper that can be cut with the dies. So that’s what I did with this card. The gears all are die-cut from a sheet of the 6×6 paper. In fact, 3 sets of gears AND several smaller gear images can be cut out of this one sheet.
- Real Red Cardstock:
- 11″ x 4-1/4″ scored at 5-1/2″ and folded in half for the card base
- Classic Garage Designer Paper:
- About 1/3 of the “gears” paper
- Basic Black Cardstock:
- 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Scrap for punching Tailored Tag
- Whisper White Cardstock:
- Scrap for stamping and punchingTailored Tag sentiment piece
- Silver Foil Sheet (I used Galvanized Metallic Paper from the 2018 Holiday Catalog, but this is now since retired.):
- Scrap for punching Tailored Tag
- Black/Silver Striped Metallic Ribbon:
- Emboss Basic Black Cardstock with Subtles Embossing Folder.
- Stamp sentiment. Stamp splotch using ink that has been stamped off a few times. Then punch with Tailored Tag Punch.
- Punch this same shape from the Silver Foil scrap and the Basic Black scrap. Cut these each in half. Then layer them behind the sentiment piece using SNAIL Adhesive.
- Add a bit more SNAIL to the back, then add the ribbon in a “folded back and forth” pattern. Add a few Dimensionals to the back to hold the ribbon in place. (Do not remove the backings yet.)
- Die-cut the gears images. Sponge on Multipurpose Glue to the back sides of the gears, and attach to the Basic Black cardstock and to the inside of the Real Read card base.
- Stamp a sentiment for the inside if you wish. I used a Happy Birthday image in another stamp set – Itty Bitty Greetings.
- Attach the Basic Black onto the front of the card base using SNAIL.
- Remove the backings from the Dimensionals on the Tailed Tag sentiment piece and add to the front of the card.
- Then add the metallic wrench or key using a Glue Dot.
Here is another version I made.
And here are all four of our cards that we made at the Silver Elite Retreat. My mom’s card has a Pumpkin Pie card base. And Cheryl’s has a Crushed Curry card base. Too fun!
Now we are each “geared up” with a fun new birthday card!
PAPER PUMPKIN NEWS
I INVITE YOU TO SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG
Get emails every time I share. My blog is my main platform for sharing my ideas, my creations and the latest Stampin’ Up! news and promotions. I post about four times per week. (If you find that getting emails of my posts is not for you, you can always unsubscribe.) To subscribe…
- When you are in my actual blog, look at the images along the right-hand side.
- Find the “subscribe by email” section under the image of the current catalogs.
- Then enter your email and click “subscribe me.”
Sale-A-Bration (January 3 – March 31, 2019) is one of THE best times of the Stampin’ Up! year. Earn free exclusive products! Earn more Stampin’ Rewards! Get a fabulous tote with one of the best kit offers ever!…CLICK HERE for more information.
“BETTER THAN FLAT” TUTORIALS
Five super talented Stampin’ Up!® demonstrators and I have joined together as the “Stampin’ Anonymous team” to create Fun Fold cards & 3-D (“better than flat”) projects to share exclusively with our customers, paper crafting friends & team members each month! (Our January projects are here!!) CLICK HERE to find out how you can get your hands on these great tutorials. A new one is offered each month.
JOIN THE CLUB
Do you find that you order at least $25 worth of Stampin’ Up! product each month? Do you want to get perks for those monthly orders? I’m forming a new Paper Crafters club that will kick off in March, and we are looking for new members. Click here to learn more. Then contact me with your questions &/or to sign up.
CLING STAMPS ARE HERE!
Cling stamps just debuted in the 2019 Occasions catalog and Sale-A-Bration brochure! Click HERE for more information.