If you need a last-minute, super-simple Halloween gift idea, and you have some simple boxes, a festive treat, and some Halloween-themed paper crafting products, here is a quick way to pull it all together. Wrap the sides of the box with a strip of designer paper, enclose the goodies & tie it up with a coordinating ribbon, then add a festive message as a tag. Below are some treat boxes I made in no time flat with these simple decoration steps. Here are my specific measurements and directions for decorating these fun Baker’s Boxes (from the 2018 Holiday catalog).
Products: See below for a full list of supplies linked to where you can find them in my online store.
- Toil & Trouble Designer Paper
- 12″ x 1-1/4″
- 6″ x 1-1/4″
- 27″ (or less if just tying a knot)
- Whisper White Cardstock
- Scrap for stamping and punching 1-1/4″ circle sentiment
- Glimmer Paper
- Scrap for punching 1-1/2″ circle
- Coordinating Cardstock
- Scrap for punching 1-3/4″ circle
- Use Tear & Tape adhesive to connect the two 1-1/4″ wide designer paper strips to make one long strip.
- Wrap this paper strip around the box and secure with Tear & Tape adhesive. (I made sure that my main seam was in the back, but there WILL be two seams. So you may want to adjust where you place your designer paper if you are picky about where your seams end up.)
- After filling the box, tie on coordinating ribbon.
- Stamp the sentiment, then punch the various size circles from the cardstock and glimmer paper. Here are the colors I matched with the designer paper patterns:
- Purple striped pattern – Gorgeous Grape Cardstock and Silver Glimmer Paper
- Stars pattern – Basic Black Cardstock and Copper Glimmer Paper (from the Joyous Noel collection)
- Jumping frogs pattern – Granny Apple Green Cardstock and Gold Glimmer Paper
- Then usingTear & Tape adhesive layer together so they are off-center from each other, and attach to the top of the box.
Happy Halloween everyone!
- Cookies (I bought mine at Costco) or other treat/gift
HOLIDAY BAZAAR IN RAMSEY, MN
Come visit me this weekend while you shop the Holiday Bazaar at Lord of Life Church in Ramsey, MN. I’ll be selling cute treats & gifts, greeting cards, and Paper Pumpkin kits. Be sure to enter my drawing to win one of my prizes, too! Here is a link to my latest newsletter with the details. If you are on Facebook, here is a link to this event.
JOIN THE CLUB
Do you find that you order at least $25 worth of Stampin’ Up! product each month? Do you want to get perks for those monthly orders? I’m forming a new Paper Crafters club that will kick off in a month, and we are looking for new members. Click here to learn more. Then contact me with your questions &/or to sign up. We are currently looking for FIVE more members so we can start another new club mid-November. Who is ready?!
PAPER PUMPKIN CHRISTMAS CARD KIT
CLICK HERE to sign up by November 10th so you can get this next one that is shipping. We are told that it will contain products for making Christmas cards – 10 cards; 5 of 2 unique holiday designs. Coordinating colors are Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Garden Green, Gold, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, and Whisper White. AND the box is a great sneak peek of what’s inside!
SNOWFLAKE SHOWCASE in November!
Beautiful, exclusive products are available tomorrow and through the month of November! Click here for the details. Click here to download the flyer. Click here to see what those in the Artisan Blog Hop Team shared.
“BETTER THAN FLAT” TUTORIALS
Five super talented Stampin’ Up!® demonstrators and I have joined together as the “Stampin’ Anonymous team” to create Fun Fold cards & 3-D (“better than flat”) projects to share exclusively with our customers, paper crafting friends & team members each month! CLICK HERE to find out how you can get your hands on these great tutorials. A new one will be offered each month. November’s are almost here!!!!