This was such a fun card to make! I used the charming Coffee Café stamp set, Stampin’ Blends (our new alcohol-based markers), and pretty designer papers. (All supplies are listed/shown below and linked to my online store.)
First I chose a designer paper pattern from my stash that worked with the coffee cup image. Then I used that designer paper to come up with the color combination for the cardstock and Blends markers.
Here are the measurements for the pieces with this card:
- Cajun Craze cardstock: 8-1/2″ x 11″ scored in from each end at 1/2″ and at 2-1/8″ and scrap for cup sleeve
- Pool Party cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Basic Black cardstock: 2-7/8″ x 4-1/8″
- Whisper White cardstock: 2-3/4″ x 4″
- Whole Lot of Lovely designer paper (orange floral sheet): two pieces that are 1-3/8″ x 5-1/4″
- Pool Party Shimmer ribbon: ~3-1/4″
And here are a couple tips:
- Die-cut the cup sleeve piece and set aside.
- Stamp onto the Whisper White cardstock. Then color. When coloring the cup use the light Calypso Coral Blend first over the top and bottom areas (no need to color the middle since that will get covered up). Then use the dark Calypso Coral Blend on the left and right edges and come in again with the light Calypso Coral Blend one more time to work the dark color in. Lastly use the light Pool Party Blend to accent the edges of the whipped cream.
- Color a few Rhinestones with the dark Old Olive Blend while they are still on the Rhinestone sheet. Then transfer them to the Whisper White cardstock and stick them where they look best.
- Tie a knot in the middle of the ribbon and wrap the ends around the die-cut/embossed cup sleeve piece. Attach the ends of the ribbon to the back with Fast Fuse adhesive. Then attach this to the cup.
- Add the white cardstock layer to the black and set aside.
- Use a Bone Folder to make the folds of the card base piece crisp.
- Attach the designer paper so the best part of the design is more towards the outer edge.
- Then attach the cup layer to the left 1/2″ folded over flap of the Cajun Craze card base using Fast Fuse adhesive.
This view of another version of this card (using Soft Suede cardstock, Crushed Curry ribbon, and other Blends colors on the cup layer) shows that you don’t want to put any Fast Fuse adhesive on the right 1/2″ folded over flap.
I ran out of Soft Suede (because I mass produced this card as one of my OnStage swaps). So I made a few using Tranquil Tide cardstock for the card base.
And when I ran out of the Whole Lot of Lovely designer paper, I brought in a sheet from the Delightful Daisy collection of papers. I went back to the Cajun Craze card base, Calypso Coral Blends, and Pool Party ribbon. But I changed out the Basic Black layer with Night of Navy.
I’d love to know which one of these four is your favorite. (Mine is the first one.)
Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to check out all the fun fold cards that I’m pinning on Pinterest. And if you wish to recreate this card, click on the images below to shop my online store for the products you need. And then just refer back to this post for the directions.