Such an adorable way to present a little gift to a coworker, a friend, or a special loved one at the holidays! Look at this cute idea…
Fellow demonstrator, Sandy Carlson presented some fun project ideas during the Thailand Incentive Trip's Share Fair event. And this box in a card idea was one of them. So I took her measurements and made a couple of my own.
Measurements for the green card with box:
- Old Olive Cardstock: 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" folded in half for the card base…and 3" x 3"
- Whisper White Cardstock: 1" x 5-1/2"…and scrap for stamping and punching out "No Peeking" piece
- Real Red Cardstock: 1-1/8" x 5-1/2"
- Merry Little Christmas Designer Paper (black & white sparkle pattern): 6" x 6"
- Red Tinsel Trim: about 24"
- Keep card base folded and trim out the 2" x 2" section (which will be come 2" x 4" when unfolded). Use the information in the photo below to guide you.
- Score a 1/2" (actually just a little bit under 1/2") in on all four sides of the Old Olive 3" x 3" piece. Trim in on the score lines on two opposite sides. The angle trim these tabs as shown. Use the information in the photo below to guide you.
- Score 2" in on all four sides of the designer 6" x 6" paper piece. Trim in on the score lines on two opposite sides. Use the information in the photo below to guide you.
- Emboss the Whisper White strip, attach to the Real Red strip, and add to the bottom front of the card.
- Stamp and punch out the "No Peeking" image. Add to the left front of the card with Dimensionals.
- Color a couple rhinestones with a red Sharpie marker and add to this "No Peeking" piece.
- Assemble the box base and box lid with Fast Fuse (or Tear & Tape Adhesive).
- Put a light-weight small gift inside. Put the lid on. Tie up the box with the Red Tinsel Trim. And insert the box into the opening of the "slightly-open" card.
For the Red version of this card, follow the directions in a similar fashion, but use these measurements.
Measurements for the red card with box:
- Real Red Cardstock: 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" folded in half for the card base…and 3" x 3"
- Whisper White Cardstock: scrap for stamping and punching out "Just For You" piece
- Old Olive Cardstock: scrap for punching out a label piece
- Basic Black Cardstock: 1-3/4" x 1-3/4"
- Merry Little Christmas Designer Paper (green polka-dot pattern): 6" x 6"
- Merry Little Christmas Designer Paper (white snow on black pattern): 2" x 5-1/2"
- Vintage Crochet Trim: 5-1/2"
- To add the Old Olive layer behind the "Just For You" label piece, cut the punched-out Old Olive label piece in half as shown. This way you can give the illusion that the green layer is wider by attaching it to the underside of the white one peeking out on the left and right.
The downfall of this cute card is that it's not an easy one to put in the mail. So don't bother with the envelope. Just put it on someone's desk or on a table where is will be noticed when the recipient arrives. (Sandy credits Becky Roberts for sharing the idea with her originally. Thank yous to both Sandy and Becky!)
Product shares were cut, wrapped & packaged up this past Saturday – Monday! And they were put in the mail on Tuesday. Thank you to all who took part in my 2017 Holiday Product Shares. I have one last round that I ordered today, too. So if you took part in the shares and got your invoice just recently, you can peek at this photo to see what you should be expecting a little over 2 weeks from now. Enjoy all those fun goodies!!
Hosting a holiday catalog event is always fun-and we've just sweetened the deal with our exciting Merry Patterns Host Promotion. Host a party with $300 in sales by October 31, and earn the FREE Merry Patterns Stamp Set in addition to the usual Stampin' Rewards. Are you an online customer? Gather friends together to peruse the catalog or online store. Collect all the orders and we can put them all in as a party order. OR…Place your own order of $300+ and earn the stamp set that way!