I got to play with my Blended Seasons stamp set yesterday. And this time I decided to show how awesome having a Blender Pen can be with our Classic Ink Pads. You can squeeze a closed Classic Ink Pad together to get ink on the inside of the lid. And then just dip a Blender Pen into the ink puddle to pick up the ink and color with it. That’s how I colored these leaves on the white layers of the cards below.
I just needed one Classic ink pad, its coordinating cardstock (along with Whisper White & Basic Black cardstock), the StazOn Jet Black ink, and the Blender Pen to build the color on each card.
Here are the details for making the cards.
- Balmy Blue (Granny Apple Green or Merry Merlot) Cardstock: 11″ x 4-1/4″ scored at 5-1/2″ and folded in half for card base
- Basic Black Cardstock: 2-3/4″ x 2-3/4″
- Whisper White Cardstock: 2-5/8″ x 2-5/8″ & 2-3/4″ x 4″ for the inside layer
- Basic Black Twine: 36″
Products: See below for a full list of supplies linked to where you can find them in my online store.
- Use coordinating ink on the closed card base to stamp the leaves along the left side. Open the card and stamp the leaves in the lower right corner.
- While the card is open, add the inside white layer.
- Now work on the front layer of the card…wrap the twine three times around and tie in a bow.
- Using the StazOn Jet Black ink stamp leaves and sentiment on the smaller Whisper White piece. Squeeze the closed colored Classic ink pad to get color on the inside of the lid. Open up the pad, and dip the Blender Pen into the puddle to pick up color. Use the Blender Pen to color the leaves. Practice on scrap paper if you’d like to get the feel of how to add the color. And know that the richest/darkest color will release from the pen right away and slowly blend out to clear as you color.
- Attach this white layer to the black layer.
- Put Dimensionals on the back side. Then add a 1/2 doily behind so that it peeks out on a couple sides.
- Stick this layer down on the card.
- Add a few self-adhesive sequins.
Here are the finished cards close-up.
This wonderful year-round stamp set is a treasure, but it’s only available from Stampin’ Up! through the month of August. I shared another card that I made with it on July 29th. Be sure to click here to see that card and a few other samples made with the set by the artists at Stampin’ Up!
And how fun that all you need is a Blender Pen to create a coordinating coloring tool with any Classic Ink Pad! So go ahead and pick your new favorite color ink pad, squeeze the lid, and color away. 🙂
I’D LOVE TO GIFT YOU FOR YOUR ORDER THIS MONTH!
Place a qualifying order of $50* or more in my online store during this month of August,
and I will gift you a pack of Pearl Basic Jewels. OR place a qualifying order of $75* or more, and I will gift you a Classic Ink Pad of your choice! Click here for more information.
“BONUS DAYS” IS BACK!
Every $50 you spend in the month of August earns you a $5 coupon to redeem in September! It’s pretty awesome, but be sure to download and read through the FAQ/details sheet below so you don’t loose the coupons you earn. Click here for more information.
COLOR YOUR SEASON
There are new limited-time products available for the month of August in the Color Your Season promotion: the Blended Seasons stamp set (an exclusive 10-piece set with images for every season) available in wood-mount or clear-mount, the coordinating Stitched Seasons Framelits Dies (also available bundled for a 10% savings in wood-mount or clear-mount), AND a new assortment of Watercolor Pencils in 10 new colors (eek!! too fun). Click here to access the flyer.
PAPER PUMPKIN 50% OFF!
Through August 10th, new subscribers get 50% off their first month of Paper Pumpkin! What a great time to sign up! And the graphic has such pretty colors!!! We’ve been told that it’s a hint at what’s in the kit! Sign up using this link so you can become my personal subscriber and I can spoil you! https://www.paperpumpkin.com/en-us/sign-up/?demoid=25553