Those of you that follow my blog probably know that I like to alter card kits. No new news, right? 😉 So of course when I got the Mixed Medallions Card Kit as one of my Sale-a-Bration freebies,…
I started cutting the pieces and doing the math to see how I could get 16 cards from this kit that was intended to produce only eight. I haven’t made all 16 yet, but I altered the four “mostly Sahara Sand” pieces to make eight of these cards shown below to send to some of my Stampers With ART stampers.
I used a few extra supplies – Basic Black cardstock, Berry Burst ribbon, black ink, etc. You can find these supplies listed below (along with the kit) and linked to my online store. Remember that during Sale-a-Bration you get a free pick from the brochure of products with every $50 order. So by purchasing any of those extra supplies, you could possibly earn this Mixed Medallions Card Kit.
This photo shows samples of the kit pieces. (I added a few notes in yellow.)
And here are some basic directions if you wish to make the cards I am sharing today.
You can see that the card base pieces are more of a T-shape.
- Trim off the Berry Burst section from the “mostly Sahara Sand” card base pieces. Punch the scallop circles (for the center of the cards) from these Berry Burst sections.
- Trim each Sahara Sand section into four pieces so you get a 1/2 medallion printed section and a 1/2 non-printed section per card. The non-printed pieces are white on the other side and can be added to inside of your new cards for a layer write on.
- Attach a 1/2-medallion printed piece to a 4-1/4″ x 11″ Basic Black piece of cardstock that has been folded in half.
- Attach a punched out Berry Burst scallop circle to the middle of the medallion.
- Stamp the back side of a punched out circle sentiment piece and a punched out banner sentiment piece with a flower and a sentiment from the Cake Soirée stamp set (or another stamp set of your choice with images/words that fit).
- Attach those stamped pieces and a couple punched out tiny flower pieces to the front of your card. Trim off any excess extending off the edge of the card from the banner piece.
- Cut about 17″ of Metallic-edge Berry Burst Ribbon. Wrap it from the inside to the front of the card, and tie it in a bow. Trim the ends at an angle.
- Then add a rhinestone to the middle of one of the tiny flowers for that added sparkle.
Four of my cards had a combo of two tiny flower punch-outs.
And the other 4 had another set of tiny flowers.
I wasn’t a big fan of the Berry Burst and Calypso Coral colors together. That was another reason I wanted to alter the cards a bit. But I know many people are loving this kit as is. If you do too, here is the how-to video that Stampin’ Up! posted to make the intended cards.
I’ll be sharing my “outside the box” January Paper Pumpkin projects the next time I post. Thanks for visiting today. Enjoy your weekend!
Sale-A-Bration 2018 (January 3 through March 31) is THE BEST time of the Stampin’ Up! year for everyone! Click here to learn about this spectacular promotion and how you can benefit by earning free product and more.
Get up to $226 worth of product for $99! Plus…It’s the best time of year to join Stampin’ Up! During Sale-A-Bration, you can become a demonstrator for just $99 and choose two FREE stamp sets of your choice for your Starter Kit. Plus, the kit ships for free! Click here for more information about joining my community of stampers (becoming a demonstrator), and click here for more information about the other bonuses for getting the Starter Kit.