I have been on pins and needles as I watch all the hurricane news unfold. First Harvey, then Irma. And I hear there is possibly another coming?! Though I am up here in "safe little Minnesota", just know that there are so many of us all over who are sending positive thoughts and prayers to all who are rebuilding, caring for the injured, rescuing, suffering, worrying, and living through this all.
I also wanted to mention that Stampin Up! shared (about 4 days ago after the devastation that Hurricane Harvey caused) that they are matching donations made to the American Red Cross, dollar-for-dollar, for up to $50,000. Please click here to donate. And Click here to read more.
On a more positive note…
It seems like lots of people I know are having babies right now. I needed to make a few cards and came up with this cute window card using the stamp set called "A Little Wild."
It's a unique stamp set.
- A Little Wild Stamp Set Clear-Mount: #144344
- A Little Wild Stamp Set Wood-Mount: #143671
- Little Loves Framelits Dies: #143743
- A Little Wild Stamp Set Clear-Mount Bundle (stamps & dies together): #145328
- A Little Wild Stamp Set Wood-Mount Bundle (stamps & dies together): #145327
And there is a similar one now in the holiday catalog! You stamp the image, cut it out with the coordinating die, and fold it over to get a two-sided tag!
- Seasonal Chums Stamp Set Clear-Mount: #144948
- Seasonal Chums Stamp Set Wood-Mount: #144945
- Seasonal Tags Framelits Dies: #144685
- Seasonal Chums Stamp Set Clear-Mount Bundle (stamps & dies together): #146077
- Seasonal Chums Stamp Set Wood-Mount Bundle (stamps & dies together): #146076
Here are the measurements and a few directions for putting this cute baby card together.
- Smoky Slate Cardstock: 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" folded in half for the card base
- Shimmery White Cardstock: 4" x 5-1/4" and scraps for stamping & cutting out 1-3/8" circle piece and the flower
- Garden Green Cardstock:2-1/2" x 4"
- Smoky Slate Gingham Ribbon: about 16"
- Emboss the front of the card base piece.
- Emboss the Garden Green.
- Stamp the sentiment. Punch it out with the 1-3/8" Circle punch.
- Stamp the flower and cut it out with coordinating framelit.
- Stamp the elephant images so the top of the elephants are about 2-1/4" up from the bottom of the 4" x 5-1/4" vertical Shimmery White piece. Cut out the elephants with the coordinating die.
- Punch a 2-1/4" Circle in the Smoky Slate card front (bring the punch in from the side, not the bottom) so the circle is in the bottom right corner and punched about 5/8" from the bottom.
- Attach the Garden Green layer to the 4" x 5-1/4" Shimmery White so the green conceals the hole in the Shimmery White piece. Adhere this white piece to the inside of the card. (When the card is closed, you should only see Garden Green through the 2-1/4" circle. (My green is attached to the Shimmery White about 1/4" from the bottom.)
- Fold the elephant, trim the notch at the top off, and color using the Watercolor Pencils and Blender Pen.
- Color the flower, too. Trim around the flower, and attach it to the elephant. Add a rhinestone.
- Add LOTS of adhesive to the backs of both the front and back elephant images. Attach him to the lower right area of the card folding him so that the front of the elephant shows entirely on the front of the card and the back of the elephant shows entirely on the inside of the card.
- Attach the 1-3/8" sentiment circle piece so that when the card is closed the elephant hides it.
- Then tie on the ribbon.
At the very bottom is a list of products I suggest if you wish to recreate this card.
By the way for those who have been wondering about my health, I am healing well.
I have felt a super fast recovery from a second surgery that I had on August 28th. LOL…yes, I didn't really tell you about that one yet. (I had TWO surgeries in August. That one was for my bladder. I figured it was best to do it all in one month's time before things got busy with the kids in school activities.)
And though the recovery from my August 7th gum surgery has been much slower, the Periodontist told me last week that everything looks fabulous – much better than most at this stage. Yay! I am brushing, but with a super soft brush and I am occasionally chewing food on that side of the mouth. And it feels good to be "fixed!"
Thanks for all your positive thoughts and prayers!
Looking for One More Online Paper Crafter's Club Member
Do you love Stampin' Up! products enough to order them monthly?
Do you want to get Stampin' Rewards (free products) just for ordering consistently?