But can I share one more card?
I was preparing my tutorial and video for my Online & To-Go Dragonfly Dreams January 2017 Card Class. And I ended up with an extra dragonfly that I just couldn't toss in the garbage. So I put together this card that am in LOVE with. The Clear Wink of Stella came out a little heavy, so the glimmer on the wings has a gold tone to it that I thought worked well with the Delightful Dijon cardstock circle piece.
(To see a full list of supplies I used to create this card, scroll to the bottom. Each item is linked to my online store so you can click on an product and learn more about it.)
- Soft Sky Cardstock: 11" x 4-1/4" folded in half for the card base
- Delightful Dijon Cardstock: 3-1/4" x 3-1/4" scrap
- Tempting Turquoise Cardstock: 3-1/2" x 1-1/2" scrap
- Island Indigo Cardstock: 3-1/2" x 3" scrap
- Basic Black Cardstock: 1" x 2-3/4" scrap
- Whisper White Cardstock (for the inside layer): 5-1/4" x 4"
- Subtles Designer Series Paper Stack (Soft Sky Script pattern): 2-1/2" x 5-1/2" scrap
- Silver Metallic Thread: ~15-18"
- Die-cut the Delightful Dijon circle (the largest circle in the set*). Die-cut the Tempting Turquoise Cardstock with the outline dragonfly die (just the wings portion is all you need). Die-cut the Island Indigo Cardstock with the coordinating detailed dragonfly die. Then die-cut the Basic Black Cardstock with the outline dragonfly die (just the body portion is all you need.
- Trim up the black dragonfly so the wings are removed. Glue the black body to the full detailed Island Indigo dragonfly. Then glue this to the Tempting Turquoise wings.
- Paint the wings with the Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush and set aside to dry.
- Attach the designer paper to the Soft Sky card base. Then stamp the image from Delicate Details (a stamp set you can get for free during Sale-a-Bration) to the left making sure that any "gaps" in this continual image will lie underneath the Delightful Dijon circle.
- Cut a doily in half and attach just one half under the Delightful Dijon circle so it peeks out as shown. (Use the other half for another project later.) Attach this layer to the card so the doily is aiming a bit up and to the left.
- Flip the dragonfly over and add a bit of SNAIL adhesive to the center. Attach the metallic thread (forming loops) then add a few glue dots over the top to secure the thread.
- Attach to the Delightful Dijon circle so the tail end is aiming down and a bit to the right creating a balanced look with the doily on the card.
- Add a few rhinestones.
- Attach the Whisper White layer to the inside of the card (possibly stamped with a sentiment of some sort).
I promise to set my dragonflies aside for awhile now. There are SOoooooo many other great new things in the Occasions and Sale-A-Bration catalogs to show. I'd better get to creating with those now. 🙂
*The Stitched Shapes Framelits were unavailable to order due to high demand and low supply. But good news!…As of today they are available to order again!
Sale-A-Bration (January 4 – March 31) It's the best time of the Stampin' Up! year! Click here to see how everyone is earning fabulous, free products!