Cutting a 6×6 piece of designer paper in the way that I’m going to share with you today makes it SOOOoo easy to give your cards that fun angled corner layer without waste. I used to just add a rectangular layer at an angle and trim up the excess on the two sides, but it took a bit more planning to make sure I was adding a good size rectangular piece without making it too big. Because again…I didn’t want to have too much waste. So check this out!
Products I used… See below for a complete list of products linked to where you can find them in my online store.
- Basic White Thick Cardstock
- 4-1/4” x 11” scored parallel to short side at 5-1/2”
- Scraps for stamping and die-cutting flowers
- Basic Black Cardstock
- 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Scrap for die-cutting sentiment piece
- Smoky Slate Cardstock
- 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
- In Color 2020–2022 6×6 Designer Series Paper (available in the January 2021 Sale-a-Bration Starter Kit) – Magenta Madness
- 1/4 piece of 6×6 (cut as directed below)
- Mark lightly with a pencil 1-1/2″ in from each left corner on all four sides of your 6×6 designer paper. Use a straight-edge or ruler to draw a light line to connect the marks opposite of each other. Use the Trimmer to cut along those lines. Then erase the pencil marks or flip the paper over and use that side instead as your visible layer.
- Add a piece of Adhesive Sheet to your Basic Black scrap. Die-cut the word “love.”
- Stamp then die-cut the flowers. Use a Blending Brush to add a bit of Magenta Madness ink to the center of each flower. Use a Bone Folder to curl up the ends of the petals.
- Attach the Magenta Madness designer Paper to the upper corner of the Smoky Slate layer.
- Stamp “you so very much” parallel to and about 1/2″ from the bottom edge. Peel off the release paper from the die-cut “love” and attach to the card as shown.
- Adhere this layer to the Basic Black layer, then adhere all of that to the Basic White card base.
- Add the flowers.
- And finally embellish with a few Rhinestones in the flower centers.
If you have a big wish list and would like to become a discount shopper, I recommend purchasing some of what’s on your wish list in the Sale-a-Bration Starter Kit. That’s how you’ll be able to get your hands on 200 sheets of this pretty monochromatic 6×6 patterned paper, too. (That paper is the free gift that is in the Sale-a-Bration Starter Kit available through the end of February. Click here for more details about Sale-a-Bration.)
Thanks for stopping by to see what I had to share today.
Click here to shop my online store.
Click here to access & view the current catalogs.
Click here to subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity!
Click here to learn about my Loyalty Rewards program. You can earn free stamps just for shopping with me!
Click here for more information about joining my Online Paper Crafters’ Club. Earn even more goodies by joining a club!
Click here to learn more about joining my Stampers With ART community. Get the MOST rewards including a discount on future products!
Follow me on social media! I share regularly on Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram, my Facebook Page, and my Facebook Group!
Please subscribe to my blog, too! Click here and enter your email in the blue box (above the butterfly).
- In Color 2020–2022 6×6 Designer Series Paper (available in the January 2021 Sale-a-Bration Starter Kit)
Whether you are purchasing, hosting, joining, or currently a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, EVERYONE can earn more for free during Sale-a-Bration January 5 – February 28, 2021. Click here for more information.
SHOP THE NEW MINI CATALOG
Lots of fabulous new product has arrived! CLICK HERE to access the PDF of the new January-June 2021 Mini Catalog. CLICK HERE to access these new January-June 2021 Mini Catalog items in my online store.
INTRODUCING BASIC WHITE
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the previous Stampin’ Up! Whisper White has been replaced with the new Basic White. Click here for a downloadable flyer. Click here for an informational video.
PPX CREW EXCLUSIVE TUTORIALS
If your Paper Pumpkin subscription is through me, you’ll now be able to enjoy exclusive ideas shared in video tutorials from the creative Stampin’ Up! demonstrators on the PPX Crew!
ALL STAR TUTORIAL BUNDLE SUBSCRIPTION TIME
A new set of 72 video tutorials are starting! And we have some amazing ideas in store for you. Click here to learn all the ways you can get your hands on these next six months worth while saving money at the same time. The subscription window will end January 31.
MINI STAMPIN’ CUT & EMBOSS MACHINE AVAILABLE
If you recall the new Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machines on pages 170-172 in the 2020-21 Annual Catalog weren’t quite ready with the launch of this publication in June. The larger one debuted on September 1st, but there were further COVID-19-related delays with the mini machine. Well…good news! The mini machine is now available! For product information and tips on both machines, click here: http://www.stampinup.com/cut&emboss
A PEEK AT FEBRUARY’S PAPER PUMPKIN KIT
February’s Paper Pumpkin kit—Bouquet of Hope—provides a way to offer comfort, care, and condolences to those enduring life’s challenges. With beautiful blooms and supportive sentiments, the Bouquet of Hope Paper Pumpkin Kit will soothe sorrow and share sympathy in a heartfelt, handmade way. While you can create nine cards of comfort and coordinating envelopes with this month’s kit, the kit’s exclusive, versatile stamp set can be used to uplift loved ones during trying times, any time. Kit contains enough supplies to create 9 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ cards—3 each of 3 designs—and coordinating envelopes. Kit coordinates with the Flower & Field Designer Series Paper (#155223), an exclusive Sale-A-Bration item. Coordinating colors: Basic Black, Bumblebee, Just Jade, Merry Merlot, Mossy Meadow, Rococo Rose
If you are not a Paper Pumpkin subscriber, I invite you to give it a try. CLICK HERE to learn more. CLICK HERE to sign up by January 10th for this next kit.
ALL STAR TUTORIALS
I’m a designer with the All Stars, a group of globally recognized Stampin’ Up! demonstrators. And we are excited to share exclusively with our customers, paper crafting friends & team members our bundle of twelve January 2021 Fine Art Floral Suite Tutorials which are now available! CLICK HERE for more information. Click here to get to my Tutorials for Sale page to see the others that have been offered. The next one featuring the Love You Always Suite will be available February 1st! AND these tutorial bundles (Jan-June) include links to instructional videos!