Lately there has been a lot to celebrate around here. Besides my new website makeover, we also have a couple birthdays to cheer about. My husband Tim’s was Thursday, and our oldest son Nick’s 12th birthday is tomorrow! So I thought I would share this festive card that I made using the Musical Instruments Framelits and the Year of Cheer Specialty Washi Tape from the 2017 Holiday Catalog.
The angled layer may be intimidating, but it’s really quite easy to achieve this look if you are okay with having a few scraps of cardstock.
- Early Espresso Cardstock: 11″ x 4-1/4″ folded in half for the card base
- Very Vanilla Cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the outside…3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″ for the inside…and 1/2″ x 2-1/2″ for the banner
- Fresh Fig Cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 4-1/4″
- Gold Foil Sheet: 3″ x 3″
- Adhesive Sheet: 2-3/4″ x 2-3/4″
- Gold Metallic-Edge Ribbon: about 2-1/2″
- Year of Cheer Washi Tape (thin gold): about 18-19″
- Year of Cheer Washi Tape (multi-metallic pattern): about 18-19″
- Peel off the printed side of the Adhesive Sheet and adhere to back side of the Gold Foil Sheet. Die-cut the French horn and the treble clef.
- Stamp the Sheet Music image onto the 4-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ Fresh Fig…Place the cardstock onto the the rubber-side-up inked up stamp, put scrap paper on top of that, and use hands to press the papers against the inked stamp.
- Remove the cardstock from the stamp. Then sponge Fresh Fig ink onto the edges of the Fresh Fig cardstock.
- Adhere to the 4″ x 5-1/4″ Very Vanilla cardstock at an angle using SNAIL adhesive. Be sure that the upper two corners of the Very Vanilla are not exposed but that the Fresh Fig meets the corners so it is covering far enough down on the Very Vanilla.
- Turn the 4″ x 5-1/4″ Very Vanilla over, and cleanly trim off the excess Fresh Fig (since one of these scrap will still be used).
- Add two strips of the multi-metallic pattern washi tape so that the tape strips are parallel to the bottom and left edges of the Fresh Fig layer. (I recommend wrapping the ends of the tape to the back side of the Vanilla rather than trimming the excess.) Then add two strips of the gold thin washi tape so that the tape strips are right next to the multi-metallic pattern washi tape strips. Again wrap the ends to the back.
- Trim the left end of the Very Vanilla strip and the ribbon. Stamp “Celebrate…” on the Very Vanilla strip and attach to the ribbon piece. Then add this to the upper right corner of the card front layer.
- Attach to this whole later to the front of the Early Espresso card base using Dimensionals. Then peel off the backing from the adhesive and attach the French horn.
- For the inside of the card, add an angled Fresh Fig scrap to the upper left area of the 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″ Very Vanilla piece, stamp the sentiment, add the washi tape and the treble clef, and attach this 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″ Very Vanilla layer with SNAIL.
So now that my website has been updated, I would love your feedback. Let me know what you like. AND…Let me know if there are things that are confusing, if something isn’t working right, if something is difficult to locate, etc. I am in the initial phases of this transformation and want to be sure all of you are comfortable. (Personally, I am loving my drop-down menus. I’m hoping those make things easier to find. AND did you all see the language translate feature!? I’ve always appreciated visiting blogs that I can translate to English. So I’m excited to have this option for my friends who do not use English as their primary language.)
Wishing you all a fabulously musical weekend!
Join a club!
We are currently looking for new members in our Online Paper Crafters Club.
Merry Patterns Host Promotion!
Hosting a holiday catalog event is always fun. And Stampin’ Up! has sweetened the deal with our exciting Merry Patterns Host Promotion.
A Season of Style with Coordinating October & November Paper Pumpkin Kits
To give you more of what you love, during October and November Stampin’ Up! is offering two straight months of perfectly coordinated Christmas cardmaking and gifting projects with the Season of Style coordinating Paper Pumpkin kits. You will have everything you need to complete unique holiday cards and gifts. You will have more creative options when you mix and match and make your own alternate projects. And you can get that handmade holiday touch without fuss because everything is prepped and ready for you to assemble! To learn more about these kits of creativity that I am SOooo passionate about, click here. To get started with your subscription so you can get these great kits, click here and sign up by October 10th.