Whether you need to celebrate an achievement, a birthday, or a new phase of life, the celebrate sentiment stamp image from the Painted Glass stamp set works well. I made and sent out quite a few of these cards a couple weeks ago. And I even snuck in a couple products that will be appearing in the 2018 Holiday catalog on September 5th – Champagne Shimmer Paint and All Is Bright Designer Series Paper.
Products: See below for a full list of supplies linked to where you can find them in my online store.
Here are the details for making this card.
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock:
- 11″ x 4-1/4″ scored at 5-1/2″ and folded in half for card base
- 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Champagne Foil Sheet:
- 4″ x 1/2″
- 2-3/4″ x 1-1/2″
- Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet: 2-1/2″ x 1-1/4″
- All Is Bright Designer Paper (bokeh design): 2″ x 4″
- Whisper White 1/8″ Sheer Ribbon: 7″
- Stick the 2-1/2″ x 1-1/4″ Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet on the back of the 2-3/4″ x 1-1/2″ Champagne Foil Sheet. Then run through the Big Shot with the semi-circle stained glass thinlit.
- Tie a tiny bow with the sheer ribbon. Trim the ends after tying.
- Put SNAIL along the upper back edge of the designer paper, and attach designer paper to 4″ x 1/2″ strip of Champagne Foil Sheet so that the foil just peeks out a tiny bit. Then adhere this to the bottom of the 4″ x 5-1/4″ Whisper White Thick Cardstock.
- Without removing the backing from the adhesive sheet on the back of the die-cut semi-circle, lay this stained glass piece where it will look best. Then stamp the celebrate sentiment just above.
- Now that the sentiment is stamped, adhere the stained glass piece just below the thin section of Champagne foil sheet (along the top edge of the designer paper) so it is centered with the sentiment.
- Fill a spritzer about 3/4 of the way full with rubbing alcohol. Add a couple drops of Champagne Mist Shimmer paint. Close & shake well.
- Take this card layer outside or in a well-ventilated room and spritz on the shimmer paint mixture. Allow to dry. The alcohol evaporates quickly to keep the paper from warping.
- Add this layer (using Dimensionals) to the card base. Then add the bow with a Glue Dot.
Today is Labor Day – the last day of “summer vacation.” School starts for my boys on Tuesday. They are excited and of course growing up WAY too fast! Nick is going into 7th grade this year. And Luke is starting middle school. I can’t believe my baby is 11-1/2 and a 6th grader already. He was just turning 6 years old when I started blogging!
Time flies. So cherish those moments.
- rubbing alcohol
Time to redeem those coupon codes! Every $50 you spent in the month of August earned you a $5 coupon code to redeem this month in September! Click here for more information including directions for redeeming your codes with your September order in my online store.
*In order to qualify, the order merchandise total must reach $250 USD (before shipping and handling).
NO TRICKS, JUST TREATS!
October will be here soon. And when those kiddos show up at your doorstep on the 31st, you can be ready for them with spooky cute goodies handmade by you with the help of September’s Paper Pumpkin kit! Just have an active account by September 10th. New to Paper Pumpkin? Click here between now and September 10th to sign up for this fun paper crafting kit: https://www.paperpumpkin.com/en-us/sign-up/?demoid=25553
PRODUCT SHARES AVAILABLE!
I’m excited to share papers, ribbons, & embellishments with you from the 2018 Holiday Catalog debuting September 5th! CLICK HERE to find out more information about my popular product shares! I’m taking sign ups through September 4th (if shares are still available).
“BETTER THAN FLAT” TUTORIALS AVAILABLE
Five super talented Stampin’ Up!® demonstrators and I have joined together as the “Stampin’ Anonymous team” to create Fun Fold cards & 3-D (“better than flat”) projects to share exclusively with our customers, paper crafting friends & team members each month! CLICK HERE to find out how you can get your hands on these great tutorials. A new one will be offered each month.