Do you do this, too…make a card, and then make several versions of it? You actually saw versions two & three of my Vertical Center Step Fold cards on Wednesday and Thursday this past week. But before I created those I designed this card that I’m sharing with you today.
Feel free to refer back to the how-to video in Wednesday’s or Thursday’s posts for instructions on cutting, scoring, and folding the base of this type of card (and also to peek at the other Vertical Center Step Fold cards that I made if you missed them earlier).
This is the Share a Milkshake Bundle (stamp set and coordinating dies).
Some of my favorite childhood memories involved ice cream…celebrating after school concerts at Farrell’s Restaurant, my dad’s malts, neighborhood visits from the ice cream truck, finding ice cream sandwiches in the freezer on hot summer days, etc. So even though I am now lactose intolerant and can’t have actual ice cream treats anymore, the memories are still a treasure. And this bundle was something I purchased right away.
Today’s card features one of these great desserts topped with whipped cream and a cherry.
Products I used… See below for a complete list of products linked to where you can find them in my online store.
- Crumb Cake Cardstock
- 4-1/4” x 11” (cut and scored according to directions in the video)
- 1/2″ x 2-1/4”
- Real Red Cardstock
- 2-1/8” x < 4-1/2”
- Scraps for die-cutting hearts
- Basic White Cardstock
- 2-1/8” x 5-3/8”
- Scraps for stamping and die-cutting glass, cherry and whipped cream
- Country Gingham Designer Paper
- (2) 7/8” x 4-3/8”
- Soft Suede Cardstock
- 7/8” x 4-1/8”
- Scrap for die-cutting “waffle cone grid”
- Real Red & Burlap Ribbon Combo Pack
- Real Red – 14″
- Burlap (Crumb Cake) – 6″
Here are more photos of the finished card.
- For the two-toned cherry, ink the stamp in Real Red ink. Then ink just the stem in Early Espresso ink. Because the stamp is see-through, you could do this with two ink pads. But if that makes you nervous, you could just use the Early Espresso Stampin’ Write Marker to color the stem on the stamp image before stamping it onto your Basic White scrap.
- For the image of the glass, ink up the larger of the two images in Pool Party ink. Stamp it onto scrap paper first. Then stamp it onto the Basic White scrap. This will create a little shade of Pool Party. Then just stamp the second image with full ink to get the darker Pool Party color.
- To add the ribbon, wrap the burlap/crumb cake colored ribbon with a Seal Adhesive on the backside from the front to the back of the Soft Suede strip of cardstock. You will have a little over 3/4″ on each end to wrap to the back. Attach the Soft Suede strip to the bottom front of the card. Then wrap the Real Red Ribbon around the bottom section of the card (you will see this one on the inside of the card), and tie in a knot. Adjust so the knot is centered below the milkshake. Secure the knot in place with a Glue Dot.
So much fun to make, right?!
Remember… The Country Hive is having a BOGO sale on their 10 count and 6 count ink refill holders now through today, January 21st. (I shared these awesome holders in Wednesday’s Online Paper Crafting Class.)
And for information about the Boho Blue version Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine, visit my post regarding the Sale-a-Bration promotion.
Thanks so much for stopping by to see what I had to share today.
I just got my January Paper Pumpkin kit two days ago and finished creating 6 alternate project ideas yesterday. My hope is to share these all on Monday. So I invite you back to see what I created.
Click here to shop my online store.
Click here to access & view the current catalogs.
Click here to shop My Favorite Extras.
Click here to subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity!
Click here to learn about my Loyalty Rewards program. You can earn free stamps just for shopping with me!
Click here to learn more about joining my Stampers With ART community. Get the MOST rewards including a discount on future products!
Follow me on social media! I share regularly on Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram, my Facebook Page, and my Facebook Group!
Please subscribe to my blog, too! Click here and enter your email in the blue box (above the butterfly).
THE NEW JAN-APRIL 2023 MINI CATALOG!
The new Jan-April 2023 Mini Catalog featuring lots of new products is here! Click here for all the details. Click here to view the online version of this new publication. Click here to shop these new products online.
The Sale-a-Bration promotion is here and runs January 5th through February 28th! Click here for all the details. Click here to view the online version of this new publication. Click here to see these new products online.
SAYING THANKS KIT ADDED
This month’s Saying Thanks Kit has everything you need to show appreciation to family and friends who light up your life! Make nine bright, colorful cards in no time to say thank you, recognize friends, and share your gratitude with a bright watercolor wash that won’t go unnoticed! This new kit is part of the Kits Collection and is now available. Click here and scroll down for more details.
A PEEK AT FEBRUARY’S PAPER PUMPKIN KIT
Make cloudy days a little brighter with the Sunshine & Smiles Paper Pumpkin Kit! This kit includes nine sweet and sunny cards (3 each of 3 designs), a fun peek-through window scene on each card, cute pre-cut critters and labels, raindrop embellishments, a Mango Melody Stampin’ Spot, and more! If someone you know is weathering a storm, this kit is just what you’ll need to create cards that are sure to brighten their day! Coordinating colors: Balmy Blue, Cajun Craze, Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight, Flirty Flamingo, Mango Melody, Old Olive, Shaded Spruce
This kit perfectly coordinates with the Rain or Shine Suite Collection #160556. AND for the first time ever, we’ve got a coordinating die add-on: Sunshine & Smiles Dies #162486 available for purchase starting January 11, while supplies last! (Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine sold separately).
If you are not a Paper Pumpkin subscriber, I invite you to give it a try. CLICK HERE to learn more. CLICK HERE to sign up by February 10th for this next kit.
ALL STAR VIDEO CLASSES
I’m a designer with the All Stars, a group of globally recognized Stampin’ Up! demonstrators. And we are excited to share exclusively with our customers, paper crafting friends & team members our January 2023 Fancy Flora Suite Video Class Bundle which is now available. CLICK HERE for more information. Click here to get to my Tutorials/Classes for Sale page to see others that have been offered. The next one featuring the Country Floral Lane Suite will be available February 1st.