Welcome to our monthly “A Paper Pumpkin Thing” blog hop! See what I have to share. Then check out all the other blogs in the hop to see additional creative alternate paper crafting project ideas that we each came up with using the contents of the September 2021 Haunts & Harvest Paper Pumpkin kit. To follow the hop and see other creative project ideas, simply scroll down and click on the names of other hop participants. (If you are receiving this blog post by email, click HERE to see the hop.)
Here are the boxes the kit instructs how to make. Click here for a link to Stampin’ Up!’s how-to video to help you assemble these as intended.
I’ve already shared some other alternate projects using the contents of this kit on September 24th.
- My variations of the boxes: Elmo, Oscar the Grouch, a chocolate dipped strawberry, and a flower
- A fancy pumpkin card
- A simple monochromatic “strip” card
- And a Halloween-themed 12×12 scrapbook page layout
CLICK HERE to check them out for more ideas.
Today I am sharing a fun Halloween tri-fold card with you. (My design was inspired by a swap card I received from JoAnn Pollock.) It starts out closed like this…
The first flap opens this way. And then scroll down to see the fully opened card.
Products I used… See below for a complete list of extra products I used linked to where you can find them in my online store.
Measurements of extra pieces…
- Basic Black Cardstock
- 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored parallel to the short side at 5-1/2″
- 2-1/4″ x 6″ scored parallel to the short side at 1/2″
- Basic White Cardstock
- 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Cute Halloween Designer Paper (boo design)
- 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Cute Halloween Designer Paper (black design)
- 2″ x 5-1/2″
- Cute Halloween Designer Paper (house design)
- 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Cut three small sections from a wire piece from the kit for the stems of the pumpkins.
- Cut an orange box down into parts to get 3 taller “oval” sections & 2 shorter six-sided sections. Add black stickers for the faces on all these 5 sections. Sandwich two larger ones back-to-back inserting and adhering a stem. Sandwich two smaller ones back-to-back inserting and adhering a stem
- Die-cut the 2-1/4″ x 6 black cardstock with the wavy ‘ground’ die. Die-cut the black patterned designer paper piece into two pieces with the wavy ‘ground’ die (one of mine is taller than the other).
- Open the black 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base. Add the white layer and the “boo” designer paper layer as shown above. Connect the wavy cut black paper to the left. The 1/2″ scored section will be the part that connect in the back.
- Attach the two sandwiched pumpkins peeking over the top of the wave as shown above. But know that these may need to be adjusted later.
- Close the right side over. Add the “house” designer paper, the other pumpkin (that is not double-sided) with its stem, and the skinny black designer paper ground.
- Close the left side over. Add the other black designer paper ground. (You may need to adjust the two pumpkins a bit.)
- Stamp the sentiment piece, connect it to another tag, add to the front of the card, and add a couple Matte Black Dots to the holes.
- I added a gift card on the inside. You could tape it in or use a temporary adhesive (or even cut a slit in the designer paper to make a pocket).
If you enjoyed these cute pumpkins, be sure to visit my September 24th post to see my scrapbook page.
I hope I inspired your creativity with what I shared today! If you did not get this kit, I hope you can apply these ideas to products you already own.
A PEEK AT OCTOBER’S PAPER PUMPKIN KIT
Picture a peaceful Christmas with the Peaceful Christmas Paper Pumpkin Kit! This glimmering and gleaming kit is your creative kickstart to Christmas card-making. With sprinkles of snow, shimmering silver skies, and heartwarming holiday wishes, you’ll have enough elements and embellishments to create 10 Christmas cards (5 each of 2 designs) and coordinating envelopes. Speaking of coordination, make even more Christmas magic with Peaceful Place products! Our stunning Peaceful Place Suite Collection (item 156277) pairs perfectly with the kit’s components. Brew a cup of cocoa, snuggle up with a soft blanket, and prepare for a cozy craft night in! Coordinating colors: Basic Gray, Real Red, Shaded Spruce, silver foil
To renew your subscription, click here and login to reactivate. Are you on Facebook? Then be sure to join the 30,300+ members in the PAPER PUMPKIN FAN CLUB to get lots more inspiration: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1441979982783482/
Thanks for visiting!
Click here to shop my online store.
Click here to access & view the current catalogs.
Click here to subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity!
Click here to learn about my Loyalty Rewards program. You can earn free stamps just for shopping with me!
Click here for more information about joining my Online Paper Crafters’ Club. Earn even more goodies by joining a club!
Click here to learn more about joining my Stampers With ART community. Get the MOST rewards including a discount on future products!
Follow me on social media! I share regularly on Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram, my Facebook Page, and my Facebook Group!
Please subscribe to my blog, too! Click here and enter your email in the blue box (above the butterfly).
Product List…things you might need/want in addition to the September 2021 Paper Pumpkin kitProduct List
A PEEK AT OCTOBER’S PAPER PUMPKIN KIT
Picture a peaceful Christmas with the Peaceful Christmas Paper Pumpkin Kit! This glimmering and gleaming kit is your creative kickstart to Christmas cardmaking. With sprinkles of snow, shimmering silver skies, and heartwarming holiday wishes, you’ll have enough elements and embellishments to create 10 Christmas cards (5 each of 2 designs) and coordinating envelopes. Speaking of coordination, make even more Christmas magic with Peaceful Place products! Our stunning Peaceful Place Suite Collection (item 156277) pairs perfectly with the kit’s components. Brew a cup of cocoa, snuggle up with a soft blanket, and prepare for a cozy craft night in! Coordinating colors: Basic Gray, Real Red, Shaded Spruce, silver foil
If you are not a Paper Pumpkin subscriber, I invite you to give it a try. CLICK HERE to learn more. CLICK HERE to sign up by October 10th for this next kit.
ALL STAR TUTORIALS
I’m a designer with the All Stars, a group of globally recognized Stampin’ Up! demonstrators. And we are excited to share exclusively with our customers, paper crafting friends & team members our bundle of twelve September 2021 You’re a Peach Suite Tutorials which are now available! CLICK HERE for more information. Click here to get to my Tutorials for Sale page to see the others that have been offered. The next one featuring the Blackberry Beauty Suite will be available October 1st! AND these tutorial bundles include links to instructional videos!
KITS COLLECTION BY STAMPIN’ UP!®
Creativity made easy! A line of affordably priced, versatile all-inclusive kits… Click here for more details. Click here to shop. Be sure to check out Christmas Whimsy, the new kit that just debuted September 8th.