Today is the last day to sign up for (or have an active subscription for) Paper Pumpkin so you get in on the upcoming November kit. (See the details below). Did you get last month’s kit? If you did, be sure to check out my fun alternate projects that I shared on October 20 and on October 29. And today I have a couple more that I created with the October 2020 Joy to the World kit: a scrapbook page and a fun countdown to Christmas project.
Extra products I used… See below for a complete list of extra products I used linked to where you can find them in my online store.
My page is love-themed (Valentine, engagement, wedding, etc). Although you could easily change out the title to “joy” or “peace” and maybe include other words or sentiments from the kit’s stamp set if you wish to keep it for Christmas. But I had fun cutting the letters from the other words apart to form the word “you.”
All of the photo mats are the embossed 3″ x 3-1/4″ and 3″ x 4-1/8″ pieces in the kit. So the only pieces I cut were the layers inside the center photo mat: 2-7/8″ x 4″ Cherry Cobbler Cardstock and 2-3/4″ x 3-7/8″ embossed piece from the kit.
- Lay all the pieces out first without adhering to get a feel for where everything should be.
- Lift up the floral pieces and sponge Cherry Cobbler ink onto the Cherry Cobbler Cardstock to create a bit of shadow.
- Optional but subtle details you would add at this point: add some score lines to the corners so the are running under the flower areas…add some speckles of Wink of Stella by tapping the brush against something hard as you move it above the base 12×12 cardstock.
- Attach the photo mats and gold banners.
- Attach the title pieces by sponging Multipurpose Liquid Glue to the back sides.
- Add the flower pieces (two are up on Dimensionals) after attaching small loops of the twine (from the kit).
- Stamp the berries image here and there around the floral/title areas.
- Add Gilded Gems to the flower centers.
The countdown to Christmas project is made with the Christmas Countdown Kit. This is what the kit looks like when assembled as is. BUT there is a backside to each drawer! You can turn the drawers around and decorate them as you wish. So why not have two versions so each year you can change it out for variety?
This is my Joy To the World version!
You’ll want to start out by cutting the kit cards and envelope printed lining into 1-15/16″ x 1-15/16″ squares (cut just under 2″ x 2″). I used two envelopes and two card bases to cut eight Cherry Cobbler printed, nine plain Crumb Cake, and eight foiled Crumb Cake squares.
- After cutting the squares, use the smallest Layering Circles die to die-cut a notch in the top of each. (Pay attention to the direction of your printed squares.)
- Position where you want your floral pieces, then pick up each square to trim the floral piece to fit. You can trim the 1/2 circle notch further out (as shown below) since there is a bit of room between the notch edge and the notch on the actual drawer.
- Cut loops from some of the brass foil words and attach them peeking out from under a few of the floral pieces.
- After figuring out where your floral pieces will go, stamp the floral stamp image on each of the outer plain Crumb Cake squares. Then adhere the floral pieces.
- Attach your squares to the drawer fronts.
- Then die-cut your numbers 1-25 from Early Espresso Cardstock scraps that have been backed with Adhesive Sheets. If you don’t have Adhesive Sheets, die-cutting as is is fine. But then I recommend sponging Multipurpose Liquid Glue to the back sides to adhere them to your squares.
I hope I inspired your creativity with what I shared today!
A PEEK AT NOVEMBER’S PAPER PUMPKIN KIT
November’s cute, gingerbread-themed kit contains enough supplies to create one-of-a-kind Christmas crafts! Whether it’s a gift card carrier, traditional card, or tasty-looking tag, this sweet and seasonal kit is the key to heartfelt holiday gifting. With curly cutouts, sugary stickers, and delicious die-cut designs in a special-edition box, a jolly holiday will be on its way with this kit! (Also includes 15 2-3/4″ x 4-3/8″ envelopes.) Click here to watch the cute promotional video. Coordinating colors: Cinnamon Cider, Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, Mint Macaron, Shaded Spruce, Blushing Bride, and Whisper White
To renew your subscription, click here and login to reactivate. Are you on Facebook? Then be sure to join the 27,200+ members in the PAPER PUMPKIN FAN CLUB to get lots more inspiration: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1441979982783482/
Thanks for visiting!
Click here to shop my online store.
Click here to access & view the current catalogs.
Click here to subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity!
Click here to learn about my Loyalty Rewards program. You can earn free stamps just for shopping with me!
Click here for more information about joining my Online Paper Crafters’ Club. Earn even more goodies by joining a club!
Click here to learn more about joining my Stampers With ART community. Get the MOST rewards including a discount on future products!
Follow me on social media! I share regularly on Pinterest, YouTube, and Facebook!
Please subscribe to my blog, too! Click here and enter your email in the blue box (above the butterfly).
Product List…things you might need/want in addition to the October 2020 Paper Pumpkin kit to make these projects
- treats or notes to fill the drawers in the Christmas Countdown Kit
- Post It notes or sticky notes to hold the circle die in place while die-cutting
CURVY CELEBRATIONS IS HERE!
There are some fabulous products debuting in the January-June 2021 Mini Catalog that have been released early and are being offered along with some coordinating exclusive Christmas products. Click here to see these Curvy Celebrations products in my online store! Click here for the informational flyer. You can get your hands on any or all of them November 3-January 4.
PAPER PUMPKIN PAST KITS AND REFILLS AVAILABLE AGAIN!
While constructing the new online store, Stampin’ Up! had to temporarily suspend the offering of Paper Pumpkin past kits and refills. Well…good news! The online store functionality that allows SU to offer these products is working now! Paper Pumpkin Past Kits and Refills are available once again. These products are only available while supplies last and require an active Paper Pumpkin subscription to be allowed to order. SU will continue to release new past kit and refill products each month as inventory and demand allow. If you’re interested in purchasing these products, they’re typically released—if available—on the 4th Monday of each month.
A PEEK AT NOVEMBER’S PAPER PUMPKIN KIT
November’s cute, gingerbread-themed kit contains enough supplies to create one-of-a-kind Christmas crafts! Whether it’s a gift card carrier, traditional card, or tasty-looking tag, this sweet and seasonal kit is the key to heartfelt holiday gifting. With curly cutouts, sugary stickers, and delicious die-cut designs in a special-edition box, a jolly holiday will be on its way with this kit! (Also includes 15 2-3/4″ x 4-3/8″ envelopes.) Click here to watch the cute promotional video. Coordinating colors: Cinnamon Cider, Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, Mint Macaron, Shaded Spruce, Blushing Bride, and Whisper White.
If you are not a Paper Pumpkin subscriber, I invite you to give it a try. CLICK HERE to learn more. CLICK HERE to sign up by November 10th for this next kit.
ALL STAR TUTORIALS
I’m a designer with the All Stars, a group of globally recognized Stampin’ Up! demonstrators. And we are excited to share exclusively with our customers, paper crafting friends & team members our bundle of twelve November 2020 Forever Greenery Tutorials which are now available! CLICK HERE for more information. Click here to get to my Tutorials for Sale page to see the others that have been offered. The next one featuring the Artistry Blooms Suite will be available December 1st! AND these tutorial bundles (July-December) include links to instructional videos!
MY ONLINE PAPER CRAFTERS CLUB IS LOOKING FOR NEW MEMBERS
We are looking for more to join our online Paper Crafters club. The commitment is to order at least $25 worth of Stampin’ Up! product in each of 6 consecutive months. In one of those months, you would reap the hosting rewards (free merchandise based on the club orders). And then you’d also be able to get in on monthly product perks that would be sent to you along with your monthly club cards.