My Stampers With Art group had some fun with another sketch challenge recently. Have you seen those card (and page) sketches out there? They are just too fun. You get a visual idea of what your creation should become, but you then use the products you have on hand to make it come alive. Here is the sketch challenge we used this time: Sunday Stamps Challenge #202. The last one my group took part in was shared was on May 25.)
And here are some of the cards we came up with. I hope these ideas provide some creative inspiration for you! Those that made each card are mentioned in the watermarks of the photos. A big thank you to all of the creators! The two I made are at the bottom along with my measurements, tips and supply list.
Here are the two I made with the Playful Pets Designer Paper and some coordinating products. If you would like to recreate these cards, here are some details below.
Products I used… See below for a complete list of products linked to where you can find them in my online store.
- Base cardstock (Real Red or Basic Black)
- 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored parallel to the short edge at 5-1/2″
- Cardstock panels (Basic Black or Real Red)
- Three pieces that are 1-1/4″ x 3-1/4″
- Silver Foil Sheets
- Three pieces that are 1-1/8″ x 3-1/8″
- Focal point cardstock (Basic Black or Real Red)
- Scrap for punching shape under the pet
- Playful Pets Designer Paper
- Three pieces that are 1″ x 3″
- Black Glittered Organdy Ribbon
- Emboss front of base cardstock with Subtles Embossing Folder.
- Punch focal point cardstock. I punched the one under the doggy with the smooth heart from the Heart Punch Pack, and I punched the one under the kitty with the Tailored Tag Punch.
- Fussy cut the animal. If you have the matching die set (Pets Dies), you can die-cut this kitty.
- Layer the designer paper pieces onto the Silver Foil Sheet pieces. Then layer these onto the cardstock panel pieces. Start with the top piece and attach these layered panels to the base cardstock using Seal+ Adhesive.
- Apply Seal+ to the bottom right portion of the middle panel and the top right portion of the bottom panel – where the middle of the folded ribbon will sit. Then attach the folded ribbon diagonally.
- Attach the punched shape with Dimensionals. Then attach the cut out animal.
I hope this sketch challenge inspired you to try this layout with your own products.
Click here to shop my online store.
Click here to access & view the current catalogs.
Click here to subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity!
Click here to learn about my Loyalty Rewards program. You can earn free stamps just for shopping with me!
Click here for more information about joining my Online Paper Crafters’ Club. Earn even more goodies by joining a club!
Click here to learn more about joining my Stampers With ART community. Get the MOST rewards including a discount on future products!
Follow me on social media! I share regularly on Pinterest, YouTube, and Facebook!
Please subscribe to my blog, too! Click here and enter your email in the blue box (above the butterfly).
- die-cutting/embossing machine (the new Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine will become available September 1st)
“BONUS DAYS” IS BACK!
For every $50 you spend July 1st through August 3rd (before shipping and tax), you earn a $5 Bonus Days coupon code that can be redeemed August 4-31, 2020. Click here for more details.
THE NEW AUG-DEC 2020 MINI CATALOG DEBUTS AUGUST 4TH
Click here for dates about transitioning into the new catalog AND to find out how you can get your hands on the new 2020 Aug-Dec Mini Catalog.
A PEEK AT AUGUST’S PAPER PUMPKIN KIT
Lately, it’s become especially clear who the everyday heroes are—they’ve always surrounded us! Teachers, doctors, hairdressers, nurses, delivery workers, cashiers, and even our friends, kids, and family members go above and beyond to enrich our lives. These people are truly the world’s greatest at what they do! Celebrate and appreciate them with the August 2020 Paper Pumpkin Kit. The nine 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ gender-neutral cards included in this kit are specifically designed for celebrating life’s champions! Watch the promotional video to catch a glimpse of World’s Greatest by Paper Pumpkin. Coordinating Colors: Bumblebee, gold, Mint Macaron, Pacific Point, Soft Suede, white. Kit includes Distinktive stamp images – photo-realistic stamps that create an impressive detailed image with a single stamp. If you are not a Paper Pumpkin subscriber, I invite you to give it a try. CLICK HERE to learn more. CLICK HERE to sign up by August 10th for this next kit.
SUMMER NIGHTS ADD-ON AVAILABLE!
If you are an active Paper Pumpkin subscriber, you now have the option to purchase the Summer Nights Add-On card and envelope pack that coordinateS with the contents of the July Summer Nights Paper Pumpkin kit. The Add-On can be purchased through the online store. (It is NOT something you could “add on” to your subscription.)
ALL STAR TUTORIALS
I’m a designer with the All Stars, a group of globally recognized Stampin’ Up! demonstrators. And we are excited to share exclusively with our customers, paper crafting friends & team members our bundle of twelve July 2020 Peony Garden Suite Tutorials which are now available! CLICK HERE for more information. Click here to get to my Tutorials for Sale page to see the others that have been offered. The next one featuring the In Good Taste Suite will be available August 1st! AND these tutorial bundles (July-December) will include links to instructional videos!
STAMPIN’ CUT & EMBOSS MACHINES
You’ll see the new Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machines on pages 170-172 in the new 20-21 Annual Catalog. They weren’t quite ready with the launch of this publication. There are still some COVID-19-related delays with the mini machine. But we just got word that the larger Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine will become available September 1st!
MY ONLINE PAPER CRAFTERS CLUB IS LOOKING FOR NEW MEMBERS
We are looking for more to join our online Paper Crafters club. The commitment is to order at least $25 worth of Stampin’ Up! product in each of 6 consecutive months. In one of those months, you would reap the hosting rewards (free merchandise based on the club orders). And then you’d also be able to get in on monthly product perks that would be sent to you along with your monthly club cards.