As you saw from my last post, I spent this past weekend up north celebrating and spoiling my Silver Elite team member, Cheryl Lee at my parents’ cabin. This is the 3rd year we’ve done this (click here to view photos from last year). And it is so much fun to just get away, create projects, and pamper Cheryl (with the help of my mom and dad).
We headed up on Friday morning, stopped for lunch at our traditional place (The Beanery in Aitkin, Minnesota),…
…and then arrived, unpacked, and were stamping away by 3 PM! My mom helped me cook and serve yummy meals, and my dad did the dishes afterwards. Those two put their all into this weekend, and it felt like we were at a Bed & Breakfast. (I’m blessed.)
Here are the gifts I gave to Cheryl: a personalized pink bag filled with a few goodies (including a pack of Medium Whisper White Envelopes and a roll of Silver Metallic-Edge Ribbon), and a pack of the Lily Impressions Designer Paper embellished with a pretty tag. AND…this bag (purchased through and personalized by Tamra Davis at TaDa Moments) has silver embroidery to go along with the main color of the event!
I even added a Silver Leaves Trinket to the zipper of the bag.
This was an extra special gift that I included in her bag.
Cheryl (bless her heart) gifted us, too! We each received a mini bundt cake. She gave my parents a pretty flowering plant. And I received this hand crafted bag with a pretty stone necklace inside!
I love how she used a strip of coordinating designer paper across the front of the bag to hold the card.
Over the course of the weekend, we each stamped 13 cards and one 3-D project. Here is one of cards we made Saturday morning – part of a set of 8 card variations made with the Seriously The Best Card Kit that I’ll be sharing in detail here on my blog next week.
Click here to see another set of 3 cards we made that I shared on my blog on Monday. And stay tuned for more posts (like the hexaflexagon card) coming soon for the rest of the items we made.
A week before our event I sent Cheryl this vellum z-fold invitation.
Here are the details if you wish to recreate it…
Products I used… See below for a complete list of products I used linked to where you can find them in my online store.
PDF Tutorial… Click here to access and download a direction sheet for this project.
- Melon Mambo Cardstock: 5-1/2” x 4-1/4” and 2-1/8” x 5-1/8″
- Lovely Lipstick Cardstock: Scraps for stamping and punching two umbrellas
- Vellum Cardstock: 9-3/4” x 5-1/4” scored parallel to the short side at 2-1/4” from one end and 4” from the other end
- Whisper White Cardstock: 5”x 2” for the outside and 5” x 2” for the inside of the card
- Best Dressed Designer Paper: Scraps for stamping and cutting two umbrellas
- Silver Metallic-Edge Ribbon: 15”
- Stamp and punch two umbrella tops from Lovely Lipstick scraps. Stamp and fussy cut two umbrella tops (cutting right to the black outline) from pink floral prints from the Best Dressed Designer Paper. Adhere with SNAIL. And embellish top of each with a Rhinestone.
- Stamp sentiments, rain drops and umbrella handles onto Whisper White Cardstock layers. When front layer images, position umbrella tops first. Use the Basic Black Marker and a ruler/straight edge to extend the length of the handles.
- Then adhere umbrella tops using Dimensionals.
- After cutting, scoring and folding Vellum Cardstock, adhere inside white layer first so it’s attached to the inside widest section but centered under the narrow 2-1/4” wide part of the Vellum. (You’ll be able to see through the vellum to line things up.) Flip Vellum over, add adhesive under the white cardstock area, then attach to the wide Melon Mambo base layer. Add the front white layer to the narrow Melon Mambo layer. Then add this to the top of the 2-1/4” wide Vellum section. Because of the way the card opens, there is no need to worry about the adhesive under this front layer.
- Wrap around and tie on ribbon. Secure knot in place with a Glue Dot.
Since this is Cheryl’s 3rd year attending, we spent time reminiscing about previous years… trying to recall which year had the huge snowfall, which year we ate certain meals, etc.
This year the weather was pretty darn perfect. It was super cold on Friday, the day we arrived and on Sunday, the day we went home which was fine for traveling. But it was much warmer on Saturday when we ventured out on a walk. And the sun shone pretty much all day every day.
It’s a beautiful location and I am looking forward to next year already! We had a wonderful time together.
Click here to shop my online store.
Click here to access & view the current catalogs.
Click here to subscribe to those fun Paper Pumpkin kits of creativity!
Click here to learn about my Loyalty Rewards program. You can earn free stamps just for shopping with me!
Click here for more information about joining my Online Paper Crafters’ Club. Earn even more goodies by joining a club!
Click here to learn more about joining my Stampers With ART community. Get the MOST rewards including a discount on future products!
Follow me on social media! I share regularly on Pinterest, YouTube, and Facebook!
Please subscribe to my blog, too! Click here and enter your email in the blue box (above the butterfly).
- straight edge/ruler
ALL STAR TUTORIALS
I’m back as a designer with the All Stars, a group of globally recognized Stampin’ Up! demonstrators. And we are excited to share exclusively with our customers, paper crafting friends & team members in a series of five fabulous months! Our bundle of twelve February 2020 Peaceful Poppies Tutorials are now available! CLICK HERE for more information. Click here to get to my Tutorials for Sale page.
January 3 to March 31, 2020. Free products for all! Click here to learn more.
COORDINATION PRODUCTS ARE HERE!
February 4-March 31 is the perfect opportunity to purchase products that coordinate with our favorite products from the January–June 2020 Mini Catalog and Sale-A-Bration. Only available for a limited time or while supplies last. Click here for the visual flyer so you view the products! Click here for the coordination products list flyer. Click here to shop these products in my online store.
A PEEK AT MARCH’S PAPER PUMPKIN KIT
March’s seven year anniversary Paper Pumpkin kit is just around the corner and will arrive in an exclusive, specially-designed box with supplies to make 12 note cards (4 of 3 designs). Because Paper Pumpkin is celebrating another milestone year, this kit will contain an extra bonus stamp set, too! Coordinating colors are: Balmy Blue, Basic Gray, Calypso Coral, Grapefruit Grove, Gray Granite, Pear Pizzazz, Petal Pink, Shaded Spruce, and So Saffron. Think daffodils, raindrops, and a fresh spring vibe. Then… Click here to activate your subscription by March 10th for this March kit.
MY ONLINE PAPER CRAFTERS CLUB IS LOOKING FOR NEW MEMBERS
We are looking for more to join our online Paper Crafters club. The commitment is to order at least $25 worth of Stampin’ Up! product in each of 6 consecutive months. In one of those months, you would reap the hosting rewards (free merchandise based on the club orders). And then you’d also be able to get in on monthly product perks that would be sent to you along with your monthly club cards.